Chapter 23

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Enchanting Prince #12

 

 It’s been 3 days since the last time I met her. It turns out that Luhan and Tao moved in, but Hyojin wasn’t stay in my house anymore. When I woke up after the movie night with Luhan, she’s gone and left a post-it on my forehead instead. ‘You guys were asleep so I’m not gonna wake you guys up. I’m leaving. See ya! – HJ’  It says. I haven’t heard any news of her in these 3 days. I was in deep thought when Tao suddenly sat beside me. “Sehun-ah. It’s getting boring here.” Tao whined. “Move out from my house then.” I said. “That’s cruel! I’m here to take care of you!” He pretended to sob and hugged my Rillakuma. “Fine. So what you’re gonna do?” I asked. To be honest, I’m also getting bored but I’m too lazy to get out since my ankle s still casted. “Bulgogi! Let’s eat bulgogi!” Tao suggested. “Namdaemun?” I asked and he nodded. “You’re driving.” I said and threw my car key to him.

 

“Sehun-ah, why does Hyojin’s posters are everywhere? I thought that they stopped the search already. See over there, at 3 o’clock, there’s a man is sharing posters of her.” Tao said and I looked to the direction Tao mentioned just now. . He was one of the men who chased us at the building. Now I figured out why Hyojin is missing these days. Wait. Namdaemun. She was here before with the stray kids. “Follow me.” I said to Tao and limply rushed to the house.

 

“Hyojin!” I shouted once I arrived to be greeted by the confused looks from the kids. “Who are you?” A boy asked rudely. “Do you know where Hyojin is?” I asked the boy. “No.” He said. “Hey boy! Lying is not good you know. I can see her hoodie and bag from here.” Tao snapped and folded his hand. “Oppa. That person is scary.” The girl said. Tao was going to say something when I stopped him. “Sorry, but do you see Hyojin around? We’re not bad guy. We just want to see her.” I spoke softly to them. They were staring at us doubtfully at first then the girl spoke up. “She’s not here. She might come back later in the evening.” She told us reluctantly. “Can we wait here then?” I asked again. They were staring at each other for a while. “Don’t worry. We won’t harm you. Here.” I said and took out few notes for them to buy something. “We won’t be fooled by money.” The rude boy spoke again. “Ya! You’re so rude! Do you…” Tao stopped when suddenly Hyojin came in. She dropped all of the plastic bags on her grip in shock. “How did you guys know I’m here?”

 

“Can we eat first? I’m starving.” Tao whined again as he saw the plastic bags Hyojin brought. “It’s for the kids. Go and buy for yourself.” Hyojin said that made the boy laughed evilly. “That’s our Noona!” He yelled in victory. “Shut up, you little evil.” Tao grumpily said. “Tao Oppa! Stop it. Can you please leave us for a while? Here’s the dinner and Leo, eat the vegetables or no pizza for tomorrow.” She said to the rude boy named Leo. “At least he shares the same personality with you hyung, vegetable hater.” I mocked the Tao.

 

“No. I’m staying here. I need to take care of the kids.” She refused my offer to stay with me. “But it’s not safe for you to be here. They’ve been looking for you here and it’s getting more serious.” Tao said. “I can take care of myself.” She said solemnly. “If the kids were what you worry about, don’t worry. Tao will handle the kids. He’s in his hiatus anyway. There will be others too and you can come along to visit them.” Sehun abruptly stated. “What? Meet that evil? No way.” Tao counter argued. “Hyung! It’s for her safety.” I said to the latter. “Fine.” He sulkily said. “Problem solved. Any excuse?” I proudly asked. “No. I’m not going anywhere.” Kris hyung was right. She was such a stickler.

 

“Kids!!! Help me!!!” Hyojin shouted as he kept on hitting Tao’s back. Tao carried her on his shoulder and walked out of the house, ignoring their confused gazes. “Kids, Hyojin will stay with me and don’t worry. We’ll take care of her and she’ll visit often. All of you can also come to my house to visit her if you want to. I’ll be going now. See ya.” I said as I carried her stuff in her duffle and left. “Oh, and don’t worry about the pizza. Let’s have pizza night tomorrow at my house.” I added.

 

“Stop here.” I said to Tao who was driving. “You can ask Kris to pick you up here. I got to go somewhere with Hyojin.” I said. “What? No! How dare you kick me out like that? Oh Sehun!!!” Tao hyped up. “You’d be fine, panda. We’re at Apgujeong anyway. Minseok Hyung’s studio is nearby. You can ask him too. Now, bye. See you at home.” I said as I opened the door for him. “And you, move to the front seat now.” I ordered Hyojin. “We’re over!” Tao sulkily shouted and sat on the bus stop bench. “That’s cruel.” She remarked. “It’s okay. He’ll be fine anyway. Just drive me somewhere.” I said and typed the address on my GPS. “What are we doing there?” She asked but I ignored her, trying to sleep.

 

“Sehun-ah… We’re here.” She woke me up. I stirred up a little and realized that we have arrived. “Come in.” I invited her into my past hide-away, the place I’ve left for years to start my new life.

 


Comment, upvote and subscribers are always welcomed! Thanks readers. :)