Chapter 29

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Enchanting Prince #16

 

“What was she doing here?” Luhan asked. “I thought you said you heard everything” I replied shortly. “And you believe it? If I were here from the beginning, I’ll stop her before she got any chance to speak a single word to you. I just got here when I heard a woman voice from your room, which I believed wasn’t Hyojin’s voice and when I went up, I saw a picturesque view of her slapped you. So now explain. I won’t ask you twice.” Luhan demanded. “She said that she wanted to check on me after years and in the end she started to bring out about the shareholders meeting at dad’s company. That’s all.” I explained to the latter.  “I see. She hasn’t change at all after all these years.  Why did she need to come back? Should I tell uncle about this?” He asked and I shook my head to refuse his offer.

 

“Why did you even let her in?” Luhan interrogated again, firmly this time. I told him that I got no choice but to let her in to get his WTF look. “Hyojin and I were having brunch when suddenly she rang the bell. I was trying to hide and not answering the intercom but she knew I’m inside and she was so persistence to get in. I got no choice but let her in. She looked like she won’t leave at all.” I told Luhan. “Hyojin?” Luhan asked. “I asked her to hide in my room before I let her in but I had no idea of how she knew I hide her inside.” I replied. “That’s a dumb decision.” Luhan snapped and I gave him a quizzical look. “Of course it was a dumb decision. Now that you live alone, of course every parent will always check on their child’s room. Even though I’m not so sure about her, but it was proven now. But then how could she find out when she hid inside there?” Luhan explained then wondering about the same thing. “Could it be that she knew you’re hiding a girl, but not exactly now that it’s Hyojin?” I asked. “Hmmm… It could be like that.” Luhan replied.

 

“How are you feeling now?” The older hyung asked. I looked at Luhan, dazed by the question. “You know, after years of avoiding her and suddenly she showed up out of blue in this situation.” He added. “It was fine, even though the panic anxiety still attacked earlier. I thought that I got over it already, but I guess not. I still get those weird feeling and found myself feeling a little suffocated but thanks for the concern, I’m no longer needed that medication.” I said immediately to Luhan, knowing that he might suggest me to take the medication again. “You read my mind huh? I was going to ask you to do that if your anxiety came back like before in the past. But are you sure that you’ll fine? You looked so pale though.” He inquired again, unsure with the answer. I nodded softly to respond. “I’ll be downstairs in my room if you need anything. Okay? Take a rest.” Luhan said then left.

 

I’m fine. That’s what I kept on saying to myself, tried to assure that everything would be fine even though I’m not sure about it. I was so sure that this wouldn’t be her last visit. Nothing could go wrong once again right? I can’t even tell Luhan about how I was feeling. My chest tightened, I found myself hard to breath and those painful memories crept into my mind slowly but thankfully I could manage myself to act like nothing happened. I just don’t want him and EXO to worry about me and Hyojin to find it out. I lied to Luhan. I’m not fine.

 

“Yah! Oh Sehun! What are you doing? Get up!” I got up in half sober state.

“What are you doing here? Get out!” She said and kicked me on arm.

“But this is my home.”

“This WAS your home. You’re no longer living here. Get out!”
“Why don’t you just bring him to the orphanage so they can take care of him?” A man said as he walked towards us which surprised me for his sudden appearance.

“I can’t. Gwakjun left all of his wealth into his hands. His so-called precious son.”

“I see. We can’t get any of it if we kicked him out. Why don’t we just make him stay here to clean the house instead? This house is too big to clean by you anyway.” He spoke again.

“That’s a good idea. You! Get up now and clean the kitchen!” She ordered.

“Get up now! Worthless .” He shouted and kicked me.

 

“How dare you? You stole my money to buy those alcohols? You have no right to stay here and we’ve been kind enough to you for letting you stay under my roof and you stole my money? Is this how you repay my kindness? Bastard.” He shouted and slapped me.

“Your roof? Your money? As long as I remember, you’re poor as and you stay under MY roof with all of those stuffs which are bought by MY money. I’m the one who supposed to kick you out.” I said.

“Shut up! How dare you speak like that to your dad?” The lady yelled.

“He’s not my Dad. He’s just a homeless bastard who stays here because of your disloyalty. And same thing goes to you. You have no reason to stay here with all of these.”

“You!!! Get out. Don’t ever think to come back, starts from now on; you’re no longer live in this house. You have no rights for the company and you’re no longer my son. We’re homeless? It’s you who’s homeless now!”

“Who are you to say those things? You’re nothing to me so why should I listen to you? And this is my house so I can come back whenever I want to.”

“You punk!!!” With my mother, they beat me as hard as they could with no mercy.

 

“Wake up!!!” Luhan shouted while patting my face. I opened my eyes, panting hard. I saw Luhan and Hyojin on my bedside, looking at me worriedly. Then Hyojin walked to the fridge in the corner and took a bottle of water for me. “What’s going on? Those nightmares again?” Luhan asked and I stayed quiet, unable to answer. “I’ve told you already that you need those meds again. I’ll make an appointment with Dr. Shim tomorrow.” Luhan stated and got up. “No. I’m fine. It’s just a nightmare though.” I spoke up. “I won’t hear that from you, but from Dr. Shim. Those dreams and episodes are back again. We need to take further action for it. Don’t even try to escape tomorrow. Now, take the meds and rest. You look even paler now.” Luhan remarked and left after took out few pills from the fridge.

 

“Feeling better?” Hyojin asked after I swallowed the pills and gulped down the water. I nodded my head. “I’m leaving to my room then. Call me if you needed anything.” She said. This is wrong. How could those nightmares and the anxiety get worse again? I didn’t want to meet Dr. Shim again. “Wait.” She looked back with quizzically look. “Are you busy tomorrow?” I asked her. “I don’t know. Why?” Hyojin asked back. “Accompany me to somewhere.” I replied. “But Luhan oppa said that…” “Come with me to the appointment.” I said. “Oh. Okay.” She replied.

 

“Can you please stay here until I fall asleep?” I requested. “But…” “It’s okay if you don’t want to.” I prompted. “No, it’s okay. I’ll stay.” I moved aside to the right, leaving some space for Hyojin to lie down. She looked at it unsurely. “I won’t do anything.” I assured and patted on the space. She lied down on my arm and I covered her body with my blanket. I grabbed one of my Rilakkuma from the nightstand and handed it to her. “Maybe you’ll be more comfortable while hugging it. It’s my favorite.” I casually said. She chuckled by it and hugged it tightly. “Thanks.”

 

We lied down in silence, but it was a peaceful silence. “Aren’t you going to sleep?” She asked. “No. I’m not that tired. You can sleep first.” I replied. “But Luhan was right. You should rest. I don’t think I can sleep here with you anyway.” She blurted out and almost got up when I stopped her. “Stay. Yes, you can sleep here and I had enough rest from the nap earlier. Now, sleep.” I told her. After few minutes, I saw her sleeping, with my Rilakkuma in her arms.

           

These horrible feeling and pangs of remorse whenever I thought about my dad, the resentment feeling to my mom and the feeling that I can’t leave Hyojin and EXO because they’ve been part of my life are slowly crept up in my body. This is my own problems yet they indirectly involved because of me. Why does my life can’t go smoothly like how I always imagine? I’ve struggled in many ways yet problems are never come to an end. This is life. That’s what people said but aren’t I experiencing too much? Somehow I want to give up for everything. Even though I have problems ahead in future but I was so sure that I still had and maybe I’ll have this one unsettled issue that maybe haunt me for the rest of my life.

 


Chapter 29 is up! Sorry for the late update. I was kind of busy these few days that i had no chance to proofread chapter 29 for the next update!

Anyway, IDK if the rumors of EXO's new 2nd album in September is true or not but....hell yeah SM! gimme some time please!

and, happy birthday to our Funky Chen Oppa!

 

I just saw Chanyeol's Instagram post few days ago about the EXO Showtime Episode when they were still as 12. It's kinda heartbreaking through. I'm sure all EXO members and EXO-L do miss them as 12 too. :(

I had no idea how's Kris lawsuit going as there's barely any update about it. I'm kinda hoping for Kris to come back to EXO but his career is gotten much better now, which is good for him.

 

Oh Yeah! i know it's not EXO related but have you guys listen to Holler by TTS? i personally prefer Twinkle, that's their best song as TTS but this one is also quite catchy. Tiffanny is....stunning there. 2Pm also had their comeback too. I can't wait to see both Tiff and Khun stand on the same stage! :D

 

Thanks for the readers and new subscribers! XOXO~