Chapter 4

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Goldilocks #1

 

“Sorry.” I said and hurriedly ran away to find a hideaway. Once I found one, I took out the wallet and bracelet I stole from my sling bag. “5 notes of 100.000 KRW and a leather Bottega Veneta bracelet. I knew it. He’s worth it. Too bad I can’t take the Burberry coat. It’s the latest spring 2014 collection.” I whispered to myself. Wait, he’s the first person I steal things from for the first time in my 19 years of my life.

 

Who’s he by the way? I opened the wallet once again and fished out his ID card. Oh Sehun, 20 years old. “Oh Sehun? He’s the famous model Oh Sehun? Isn’t he?” Wow. I just stole things from one of Korea’s most famous model. I don’t know if I should be happy or scared, but this would be enough to buy some food and clothes for the kids.

 

“Please give me 5 portions of Bolognese Spaghetti, 4 chocolate milkshake and 1 green tea latte for takeaway.” I ordered to the waitress. I my phone to check the latest news of my so-called ‘fake death’. To my surprise, the news of the engagement surfaced online and I don’t even know who leaked the information about it. How the hell on earth I’ve engaged to that arse? We’re planning to get married soon? Kill me now. I rather marry a 60 years old hag than marry him.  I was babbling angrily in my thought when suddenly the waitress came to me. “Here’s your order, Miss. The total is 280.000 won. Wait. You look familiar.”  I took out few notes to the waitress and left immediately before she recognized me.

 

“I’m home kids! Let’s have dinner now.” I said excitedly. “I’ve bought spaghetti and milkshakes. I heard that spaghettis from this café are the best-seller.” I added cheerfully. They started to unpack the packaging and eat it. “Wow. You’re right. This is delicious. It’s the most delicious food we ever had.” Yeonhee said with her full mouth. “But how did you get money to buy this?” Leo asked suspiciously. “Ermm… I’ll explain later. Just finish your meal first.” I replied.

 

“Well... Yeonhee told me about how hard your livings are. I stole things from people to buy these stuffs. I pick pockets from people, but trust me. I have my own reasons to do that. I can’t tell you for now, but someday I will, in right time. I won’t harm or let you guys involve in what I’m doing now. Can you guys stay at my side and trust me?” I asked them and they nodded slowly even though they looked puzzled for a while. “Thanks.”

“Now, I also bought some stuffs to clean and tidy this house. Let’s make this place our home sweet home!” I declared cheerfully and they started to grab the equipment to clean and decorate the house. “Can we talk for a while?” Leo asked while they’re busy cleaning the house. I wiped my hands on my shirt and followed him. “I’m sorry for my behavior yesterday. It’s just….” “It’s okay. You don’t need to explain it. I know how it feels to have insecurities like yours. Let’s just be friends from now on. Deal?” I raised my hand up for a handshake and he responded it.

 

“Noona, wake up.” I stirred up from my sleep and saw Junhyung beside me. “What time is it?” I asked. “It’s 7 already.” He replied. “Oh. It’s still early. Let me sleep longer.” I said sleepily. “But we’re going to have our breakfast now and Yeonhee doesn’t want to start without you.” He replied again. “Okay. Give me 10 minutes to prepare.”

 

“Oh gosh... It’s only 8 a.m. The kids woke me up too early! What should I do now?” I said to myself. I was wandering around when I saw something caught my attention. Mr. Lim, my father’s secretary.  Believe it or not, since the first time I saw him few years ago, I dislike him at the first sight. He looks like a cunning person and my suspicion is right. To get his current job, being my father’s secretary, he used many dirty ways to brought down my father’s trust to the ex-secretary. I don’t know what the purpose of it, but I believe there’s something fishy there. Now it makes me wonder. Why does politics nowadays are loaded by many filthy things and acts? Lies, fake promises, dirty ways to bring down people from their position.

 

I got an idea. I took out my sunglasses and my snapback from my bag and wore it with my hoodie. Maybe luck is on my side, because suddenly he dropped his Sheaffer pen. Good opportunity in a good time. “Sorry sir, you dropped this.” I said with a fake voice and handed him the Sheaffer pen. “Ok, you may go now.” He responded rudely and I pretended to bow in front of him.

 

“Sly fox. Never change huh? Let’s see what we’ve got from Mr. Lim. Wow. He has lots of cards, but only 3 notes of 50.000 KRW and 1 note of 100.000 KRW. Mont Blanc 2000’s edition. He even kept the receipt from this wallet? Maybe I can sell the wallet. It’s a classic one.” I said to myself. I kept the money, wallet, some bill inside it and took out all of his cards and placed it into a plastic bag. I’ll just throw this somewhere near my father’s office later.

 

“Ouch!” I groaned. “Sorry. I’m in…hey! I thought we ever met before. Ah! Namdaemun street’s blonde girl!” He said. OMG. He’s Oh Sehun. Not waiting any longer, I dashed away from him as fast as I could. Now luck isn’t on my side anymore. I almost get caught by him. That model is quite a fast runner too. “Shiz...zus… What is he doing here?” I mumbled as I’m panting so hard. “You!” He shouted and run towards me. I was trying to run again but it’s too late. He caught my wrist and pulled off my snapback. As my reflex responded quickly, I punched his nose and kicked his shin as hard as I could. “Arghh! I’ll make you pay for my coat! And my wallet!” he screamed in agony.

 

“That was so close. How could he know me?” Wait. He mentioned about his coat and my hair earlier. What did I do to his coat anyway?  I think I should change my hair color. Maybe blonde is too flashy, although it’s my favorite hair color. I should change to the common one. “This should be enough to re-dye my hair.” I mumbled as I check on my money. Yes, I separate the money of my own and the money I’ve stole for the kids.

 

“I’m home!” “Oh. There are other kids too. Hello all!” I greeted them “Wow. Noona, what happened to your hair?” Hongjin asked. “I changed the color and cut it a little bit shorter. Blonde is too flashy for now. Here, I bought pizzas. But I think it wouldn’t be enough for all of you. I’ll go and order more pizzas.” I said as I saw few other kids gathered around them. “But it’s kinda late already.” Hongjin said worriedly. “It’s okay. I’ll be back.”

 

“Give me 2 large-pan of Pepperoni and Cheese pizza please.” I ordered to the waiter. “Okay. Please wait for 15 minutes.” He responded and I waited on the vacant seat. I was waiting patiently when I heard the group of boys behind me talking about my accident.

 

“Hey guys, do you know about the latest news already? About Kim Jonghyun and Jung Hyojin?” a random guy asked his friends. “About the engagement rumor? Yes we know that already, Tao.” the other guy responded. “Krissus. Jongdae hyung, there are another updates you know. They said that actually they’re planning to get married soon but now they cancelled it. Both sides of Kim and Jung decided to cancel it.” The guy named Tao explained. “Why?” The guy I believe named Jongdae, asked back. Hearing of that news, I was dancing all of my heart out inside until he said something that breaks my excitement. “They said that it’s kinda hopeless to find her missing body. It’s been 2 days so they assumed that she’s death already. So the Prime Minister Jung decided to stop the search of her body. I don’t even know how they could give up so easily like it’s not a very big deal for them.” Tao explained.

 

I can’t believe it. Even though I hate them, I still had that tiny expectation for them to pay attention to me and not easily giving up on me. I want them to show that at least, I’m one of their priorities. Unfortunately, realities are even harsher than what I’ve thought and far from what I’ve wished for. I stood up and pushed my chair back harshly till it hit one of these boys chair behind me. “Hey!” he screamed. I ignored him and rushed out from the shop with my orders as I’m trying to hold back tears and anger.

 


For you guys who might wonder why i change the pov into Goldilocks, lemme explain. I read Chris Colfer's "The Land of Stories" and he has a characters named Goldilocks, but it's not the Goldilocks like the one in classic stories. In the story, Goldilocks live in an escape because she stole things for another people. so it was like she's the girl version of Robinhood. kkkk~ hope you guys understand it. :)

 


 

Hell-oh people! I'm back! Here it is! Chapter 4 updated! anyway, I'm sorry if there's any grammar mistakes in this story. I always proofread my story before i upload it online, but  i'm not a master in english. kkkk~ English is my second language.

 

I think i might get overdose soon by EXO's Overdose teaser. yeah, i kept on replaying the teasers. About their comeback show...OMG! how i wish i were there to watch our boys' performances. too bad i'm not a korean. perks of being an international fan :")

 

Btw, they said that EXO's comeack is postponed due to the Sewol Ferry sunken incident. Many entertainment industries to hold and postponed their events/comebacks in wake of the Sewol victims. Actually, i don't want them to postpone their comeback since i'm so curious already. but....we also need to pay respect to those people right? Hope that they'll be found soon by the rescue team. 

 

#PrayforSouthKorea. May God bless them all, the victimes, crews and families.