Chapter 39

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Goldilocks #17

 

30 miss calls, 17 messages for today and still counting until now. My phone was in ringing frenzy and I could swear if this kept on happening, I’ll throw it away. I was sure that his call logs were full of my contact. He had been calling since 3 days ago and it was even worse than today. Yes, the caller was no other than Oh Sehun and few messages from Luhan that I hadn’t given any response to all of it. Since the breaking of truth from Sehun, I just can’t bring myself to face them. I just want to be alone, being solitude and think of how long I could endure this. Why does bad happenings kept on coming onto me?

 

“ it.” I cursed then threw my vibrating phone to the wall and the case cracked open with the battery detached. It irked me inside out, the continuously ringing and vibrating phone. I just hate to keep my phone in silent mode, but it kept on ringing like crazy. There was me, laid down on the hard concrete floor, with a piece of thin cloth underneath it, playing with a dirty baseball that I found. I didn’t even bother to get my cracked phone.  I exhaled and put the ball aside me. The explanation from Sehun kept on replaying in my mind, no matter how hard I tried to shrug it off. It bothered me more than anything.

 

** “Tell me more.” I told Sehun firmly. “Both our fathers were friends and we met few times before. My father has an insurance company while yours have law firm. The person you called father now is your uncle from your father’s side. Your parents died in car accident, planned by both parties of my mom and her new husband and both your current parents. For my mom and her new husband, they killed your real parents because your father was taking the case of my company and as for your current parents or uncle, they wanted to take over your father’s law firm.” Sehun began to explain.

 

“Law firm? My…father had a law firm?” I asked, stuttered at the word ‘father’. “Have. Not had. It still exists until now. As for my dad, I found out later that actually my father was drugged by someone before the flight, under my mother’s command. God of luck was like on her side that time. There was a flight accident and unfortunately my father was in that plane. My mom’s lover who was intended to join the party and wanted a seat in the parliament, decided to take over my father’s company and your father’s law firm as back up supports. That’s why they killed them, both your parents and my father. I just found out about this few years ago.”

 

The flashback was interrupted by the vibrating notification from my phone that I just fixed minutes ago while thinking about it, this time from Luhan. I was going to ignore it again when I read the preview. I grunted then unlocked the phone to view the message.

 

From : Luhan

 

11.25 – Having enough of hiding? I need you to take

                a secret document from the law firm, written

                as classified. I’m sure Sehun told you already.

                Archive room. Floor 7.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I took few routes of busses and walked for 10 minutes until I reached the firm. I hastily covered my face with the muffler I brought and discreetly hustled to the emergency stairs. Archive room, floor 7, 7 levels of stairs to go. I exhaled before I proceed to go. Once I arrived at 7th floor, I headed to the room immediately. 12.24 p.m. I had +/- 3 hours to explore his office. I took the paperclip from his desk and straightened it to unlock one of the drawers. After spending 15 minutes of observing, I found 2 documents with a ‘classified’ watermark. I took snapshots of it and broke into others locked drawers and vault.

 

I found other documents, which might help if it were needed someday and also some proof of the case that were sealed tightly. I took out a flash disk from one of the envelope. Curious, I turned my laptop on to check on files in the folder but a password was required to view the folder.  Hint : 1999-5. Secret code? I wished that I could try to crack the code but heck, I was too tired and lazy to solve anything for now. I fished out my phone and called Luhan.

 

“Solve this. 1999-5.” I prompted on the line.

“1999-5? Is that a hint? For?”

“Just think, will you?” I seethed.

“Fine. 1999….It’s the year when Sehun’s father death, I think? Or maybe it was the year when your parents passed away?” Luhan spoke.

“Try 01061999.” Luhan worded out after minutes of thinking. I typed it on the keyboard.

“Incorrect. Another code?” I asked shortly.

“1999-5… 10699.” Luhan tried again yet still incorrect.

“Can you just take the flash disk with you? We can solve this together later.” Luhan advised.

“No. I’m too lazy to meet anyone now. Solve it here.” I snapped to the latter.

“Well… I don’t care. Bring it to the studio. 10.p.m sharp. Bye.” Luhan stated and hung up.

Darn it. How I wish I could revolt it but it just won’t do. I packed all of the documents and my camera into my bag. I was zipping both sides when I heard voices from the corridor outside the archive room. I hurriedly hid in between the shelves. My assumption was right. They were heading to the room I was currently at as I saw a beam of light from the opened the door. “1999, shelf 5, Jun Insurances Inc., Han Joowon.” I heard the worker reciting the order from the boss. I could say that she was probably in training here. Wait. 1999, shelf 5, Jun Insurances Inc. . “Where the heck is the light switch?” I heard her cussed as she was trying to find the switch. I used the chance to crawl further from my current position.

 

“Jun-ah, can you please come to the archive room now? I can’t find the file that Mr. Hwang asked me to find. I’ll give you special service if you come here in 5 minutes. Bye~” She flirted. . To her luck, that Jun-ah came exactly in 5 minutes. Yes, I checked the time on my watch. Damn it. I should kick them out of this firm once I step up to this firm. “We can just ask that nerdy Yoonmi tomorrow to find it. I heard that Mr. Han is not present for few days anyway.”  The man named Jun-ah said then locked the door and started to kiss her. “Wait. Accompany me please? I got overtime today until 9.p.m. That evil Hwang asked me to stay as I was late this morning.” I could see from a far that Jun-ah chimed and smirked before he kissed her. They kept on making out like there’s no tomorrow and that Jun-ah was busy on groping her s and . Gross. Yeah, I might be late as I trapped in this office with two workers.

 

10.45 p.m. I was late to meet Luhan as I wait for the office to be empty. I rushed as fast as I could to reach his studio before it’s too late. There was almost no bus in this hour for the route to his studio and taxi was too risky. I sent a short text to Luhan, asked him to wait. Finally an empty bus stopped and the driver looked at me grumpily. Yes, I still pay for the public service so you better drive even though it was late and I was the only passenger. I plopped down on the seat and rest my head on the headrest.

 

“Thank you.” I thanked the grumpy driver. Once I stepped down from the bus, I sprinted to his studio immediately. 11.15 p.m. I was late as . I rushed into the corridor and I was going to knock on the door when I heard a voice which was not Luhan’s. My body tensed and I walked backward silently, attempting to leave but yeah, failed. I halted from walking as I heard the door opened from no other than the owner of the studio. He snickered and gave me a mischievous smile, “I saw you from the glass already. Come in. Don’t you miss me, babe?”

 


 

I'm back! Sorry for the long wait. anyway, Happy Chinese New Year. May luck and prosperities always around us. hehehe

xoxo~ :*