Chapter 50

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Goldilocks #21

 

“Call Jamie and ask her to make a reservation for a table of 4 at ‘Berners Tavern’ at 8 p.m for tonight. Oh, get me my bag. It’s in the van.” I ordered to my newly hired secretary, Kylie. She noted it down on her notepad before she left but then she came back again after 5 minutes, panting hard. “Which one do you want?” I looked up from my papers and glanced at her red face before continued with my design and answer her. “Balenciaga’s Cable Shopper, the yellow one.” She nodded and left my office room.

 

5 years has passed just like that. I’m starting the new page of my life in London as one of the top rookie fashion expert and designer under name Heather Jung. I’ve also made friends with the twins, Jamie and James. They’ve been good buddies of mine in London. With my sky-rocketed high progress of career in fashion industry, it was easier for me to be busy and distracted from my thoughts, bad thoughts to be precise. I won’t say that I’m fully moved on from my past in Seoul. It still haunted me these days in terrible nightmare almost every night like it was demanded to be remembered. My life in London was much better than when I was in Korea as the career I chose now is a sky-rocket high success. It was tiring, the crazy hectic schedule as editor and designing but at least it helped me a lot. I also missed the time when I was in Korea but no matter how I miss it, I’m just not prepared yet to go back. The only time I go back to Korea was only to visit my parents grave and check on the kids for one day in once a year then I’ll flight back immediately to London. Mr. Go often asked me to stay a little bit longer but I just can’t, not when the tormenting past still haunts me and gave me a big twist on my stomach in every time I remembered about it.

 

Suddenly, the phone rang in a different ringtone which I purposely set for Jamie, my personal assistant. I awakened from my thought. I slid the green button on my iPhone to answer it. “Heather, Ms. Cheung, the representative of ‘Me!’ magazine wants to speak with you on the line. She’ll call you after this.” Jamie said and ended the call. Seconds after, my phone rang and unknown number was on the screen. “Hello, this is Heather Jung.” I greeted back after she introduced herself. “Yes. Sorry for sudden interruption but I think we kind of need your presence for now. Can you please come to the set?”  She asked politely in heavy Chinese accent. “Is there any problem that it needs my assistance? Or should I send my representative instead?” I asked back. “Well, we got some wardrobe malfunction and some of the clothing for today’s photo shoot has been mixed up with tomorrow’s shoot. Ash Stymest is going to leave tomorrow for another shoot so we’re kind of lack of time to solve this.” She explained slowly this time, word by word. “Me! magazine… Umm… Okay. I’ll be there in half an hour.” I said and ended the call. This is why I hate to leave tasks to unknown people, inexperienced one to be precise. I had this situation for last year’s annual shot at Mont Saint Michel for and I swore that it got on my nerves like I’m more than ready to make every single of them jobless at the moment if Jamie didn’t stop me from doing it.

 

            I swore I was going to curse if Kylie didn’t come in. I grunted before I stood up and took my clutch, cellphone, iPad and attached my black Bluetooth headset on my right ear. I took my Ford Fiesta key and went straight to the elevator and pressed the ‘B’ button for basement parking lot. The fainted classic music in the elevator was all I heard now even though I was actually thinking of how to solve the mess in the photo shoot. It would be fine if I just turn a blind eye of this and send my assistant instead but it would be much better if the professional take care of this as this was a big hit for my career and the first time, Ash Stymest approve our request as well so I won’t let this be my first fiasco.

 

“Damn it! What kind of mess they had made this time? Can I just at least on ease for a bit?” I mumbled and sped up a little, the street wasn’t overcrowded in this hour anyway. It was few meters to reach the set that I could see vans and few busses. I parked my car nearby then brought my clutch and iPad out with me before I locked the car. “Ms. Heather is here already.” Shouted one of the staffs and ran inside, not a very warm welcome. I walked inside to be greeted by some of the staffs and of course I smiled back, while some others looked away like I wasn’t even there, pretending that they’re busy as heck. Yeah, I was known as the ‘crazy fierce editor’ or sort of like that. They always thought of me as the workaholic and fierce editor that they’re all scare of me and never looked at me. Maybe they thought that I’ll ravish them in seconds once they do that. It bothered me at first but as time passes, I grew accustomed to it and began to do the same. Treat me like whatever you wish and I’ll just do the same. What goes around comes back around, isn’t it?

 

“Hello, Ms. Heather. I’m Ms. Leah Cheung, representative from ‘Me!’ Hong Kong Magazine for June issue. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” She greeted in wide smile and familiar Chinese accent from what I heard earlier on the phone. “It’s nice to meet you too. So, may I know what the problem is that it needs my assistance?” I inquired as I observed around. “Well, some of the outfits were mixed up for tomorrow outdoor shoot and the set were not fully prepared yet. Ash Stymest did complain a bit of the outfit and agreed to do only few sessions as he said that some of the outfit was out of his style…” “Pardon?” I cut her explanation. Seriously? It was ‘out of his style’? So what the heck of earth his style look like? He must’ve been crazy to act bossy and even fit about the outfit. “Bring me the photos of his shoot immediately and let me talk to him.” I told her in serious tone.

 

 I knocked on the door few times and it was opened by his make-up artist. “Pardon me, but may I know who are you? Only the staffs and…” “I’m Heather Jung, the designer for today’s outfit and I’m here to speak privately with Ash Stymest.” I cut her off in annoyed tone. “Let her in and all of you may leave.” I heard him told the staffs and as I entered his dressing room, the staffs left the room, leaving only both of us. “Got something to say?” He asked rudely without turning his gaze from the mirror, wiping his make-up. Wow. He’s famous but his attitude was really something, a big fiasco for his career. “Ash Stymest,may I know the reason for your judgments about my designed outfit?” I asked in professional tone as I sat down the chair, folding my arms as I was trying to be patient for sure.

 

“First, it . Second, the colors are out of my league. Third, the designs are ugly. I suggested you to find other sassy model to fit your design in the next photo shoot. Anyway, you should be thankful enough that I want to wear it even though it’s only 2 sets of your clothing.” He explained cockily. The blood in my head boiled upon his statements. It was the first time people talk like this in front of me. My patience is now officially hit the roof.  “Let me tell you something. First, I respected you a lot as one of the famous model in the fashion industry but it vanished in seconds. Second, my designs are one of a kind and not trashy, unlike your ty style. Third…” I stopped as one of the photographer staffs came in and brought me the pictures I asked earlier. Perfect timing. I ripped the printed photos then stepped it harshly with my Jimmy Choo’s Navy Lace and Patent Peep Toe pumps. “Third, thanks for the suggestion but I don’t need to find another ‘sassy’ boy for the next photo shoot. You’re no longer in need for this photo shoot. Not even a single trace of your hair will appear in this shoot. You may leave now, .” I told him then left the room, left him in shock for what I did earlier. I bet nobody ever did that before but me.

 

I left the room with extreme contentment and proud smile on my face then proceeded to the photo shoot set. Now after I solved one of the problems, I need to discuss about his leave with Ms. Cheung, I meant to discuss about why I kicked him out of this shoot. I glanced around the set but she was nowhere to be found. I kept on walking around till one of the staffs rushed to my direction. I was going to asked her where was Ms. Cheung but she stopped right before me then pulled me along to follow her. “Where are we heading to?” I asked her. “Emergency in Section 2. Hurry.” She shouted and panted as we ran.  I followed her to the Section 2 and saw everyone ducked down while there was a man shouting like a mental patient. “I’ll count till 10 and if that Heather doesn’t show up after it end, I’ll shot the bullet!” He threatened then fired one shot to the ceiling.

 

“I’m here and you won’t shot anybody, at least not in this building.” I spoke up. I was trying to keep my composure but he was holding a gun and I swore that I was frightened of it as well as the other staffs. My hands were wobbling and I was sweating hard due to the fear of guns. Since that incident in the warehouse, I was suffered of PTSD and Hoplophobia, fear of guns. “Here comes our queen.” He sneered and sauntered to my direction. “If you’re seeking out of revenge for your dismissal, do it in other place but here and without involving these people, John Barlow.” I reciprocated boldly, obviously knowing his reason for this hostage. “Straight to the point, as expected from the cavalier Heather Jung. No, we don’t need to talk about this anymore. I just want to have my revenge to you by bringing you and your damn career down to the slump and I’m more capable of doing that.” He snarled and fired another shot to one of the props, to one of my design to be precise.

 

“Well said, rather than throwing that gibberish talk on my face, try on that now. Give me your best shot. I’m looking forward to it.” I railed out. I could see his face got red from the anger. He spit out to the ground before he snickered. “Don’t underestimate me, Heather. I’m more capable than what you’re thinking of me, wench.” He reprimanded. At this rate, I was extremely terrified of what would happen after this. “What do you want?” I inquired sternly this time as I ped my clutch and took out one of my cheque, but also calling 999 discreetly.  He marched closer to me and was going to name his number when suddenly I woman voice came out from my bag, loud and clear. . Did I just accidentally press the speaker on? My body tensed and his face now turned even darker and angrier than before.

 

He growled in anger then threw my phone away. He glared at me just like how an animal eyeing on its prey in hunger then yanked my hair and spun me around that now his arm was on my neck and my back on his chest. He pointed the muzzle to my right temple. “I’m a man of my word and did you just mock me? it . I was thinking if I could allow you to have your last goodbye and last wish but now I changed my mind. Say goodbye to your life .” He reprimanded as he pressed the muzzle deeper into my skin. I was extremely frightened. Tears were b on my eyes like they’re going to fall soon. A bucket of sweat was all over me as my fear state was increasing. My vision went blurred and I was panting hard as I almost unable to breathe properly. All I see were the blurry sight of terrified staffs and sunlight from the perforated ceiling of his last shot. He then laughed deviously and I eyed on the muzzle. He was going to pull the trigger soon. I closed my eyes in fear but right before he got chance to pull it, someone pushed me away from the gun that I fell on the ground with few iron poles from the props fell down on us. The last thing caught in my blurry vision, I saw a man but strangely, he was a familiar one, hit John Barlow hard with blunt stick on his neck that he fell down. As for the last word I said was, “Why are you here?” Then, everything turned black. I passed out. 

 


 

I'm back! LOVE ME RIGHT is amazing! i was so happy when i listen to the song, both Chinese and Korean bcs Chanyeol Sehun Lay and Xiumin got more part! Sehun slay in his rap! too much progress for Sehun! They also rap in chinese! it sounds y! ESP. CHANYEOL AND SEHUN RAP IN CHINESE TOO!!! *spazzing*

 

anyway, i hate the way those antics and fans who keep on attacking Chanyeol on IG! they keep on making fuss like Chanyeol just killed a person. it's no big deal yet they're overreacted for it. URGH!  it pissed me off! stop it please!