Chapter 36

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Enchanting Prince #19

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked Luhan who just got home as we were gathering in the living room. “Can we talk in private?” He asked. What kind of major bomb was coming to my way this time? “Luhan, you better sit down first. Tell us so we can know if we can help or not.” Junmyeon carefully said and pulled him to sit on the couch. Luhan exhaled and took a gulp from Chanyeol’s beer. “There’s a traitor in your company. He works for you to gain information and recently he works for your mom to leak the information about Jun Insurances. That’s how your mom knew about the shareholder meeting.” Luhan explained. Traitor? Mom? How? I fell silent upon Luhan’s explanation.

 

“Lee Jaehun. He’s the traitor. He received millions won from Sangwoo and your mom every month started from 4 months ago. They had planned something that I still had no idea of what is it but, it involved some big companies in Seoul and from what I observed, they might trying to buy the major shares from your company to make it as a scapegoat to cover their wrongdoings. I’m more than sure that it’s your mom idea and she’s using Jaehun to spy over you and the company.” Luhan explained again and I squeezed the empty beer can in anger. I can’t believe it. Out of all people, he was the one who betrayed me for my mother. I trusted him but then he decided to stab me behind my back for people I resent the most. That bastard.

 

“. I just asked him to get the list of the shareholders and the arrangement for the meeting earlier.” I told them and threw the empty can. “I’m so stupid for trusting him.” I muttered again. We were all in quiet when the intercom rang and Lee Jaehun’s face appeared on the intercom. “Sehun, I’m here. Unlock the door please.” He voiced out from the intercom. “Sehun, play along. Pretend that we know nothing. So do all of you.” Luhan commanded and unlocked the door.

 

“Here’s the list and the meeting is scheduled the day after tomorrow at 1.p.m after lunch. There will be 5 fixed major shareholders who attend the meeting and the rest are still in contact whether they’ll join or not. You’re going to have a photo shoot for Grazia magazine from 6.a.m and after the photo shoot you need go to the meeting right away.” Manager Lee explained. “Okay. You may leave now.” I told him shortly. “Hey Sehun, maybe we can…” “No. I’m busy.” I cut his sentence off and sent him away.

 

“Ms. Ahn, sorry to disturb you this late, can you please re-schedule the shareholder meeting to tomorrow?” “Oh yeah, I had something urgent that day and I’m free tomorrow. Please. Tomorrow at 4.p.m. Do not tell anyone except of the shareholders. Okay?” “Fine. 3.p.m. Thanks a lot, Ms. Ahn.” I said on the line with Ms. Ahn, My father’s secretary.

 

“What’s your plan next?” Chanyeol asked. “Like what Luhan said, play along. They had started a dangerous game with me and I shall play with it. I’ll be the player in they own death game and win this game. I’ll make them beg on my knees.” I stated furiously. “It’s just a piece of advice. Play along with it, but also please aware of your own limitation. Don’t let your anger turn everything upside down and maybe you should focus on it until the problem is solved.” Minseok remarked. “And don’t hesitate to ask for our help. Don’t extend it beyond your limit. Remember that.” Yixing added and I nodded at the older brothers.

 

“I’m home! Oh you guys are here.” Hyojin greeted and took off her shoes. “Finally you’re home. Where had you been for days? And I’ve been calling you for countless times today yet you didn’t answer any of it. Can you at least call me back?” I inquired in a huff. She took out her phone from her bag and showed it to me. It was off. “Low battery. That’s why I came here tonight.” She said. “It’s off because of battery or you turned it off on purpose? What kind of girl who stayed out for days? Do you know how worry I am? What the heck are you doing out there for days?” I asked again furiously. “What’s your point? Are you saying that I’m lying to you? Wow. Oh Sehun. You’re awesome. I just got home because I’m afraid that you’ll be looking for me but I got your tantrums. We’ve been dating for only few days but you’ve been acting like an overprotective jerk already!” She exclaimed in anger and threw the plastic bags she had been holding onto the floor.

 

Chanyeol took the plastic bags from the floor to probe inside. “Dude, she’s being sincere. She even bought your favorite Jjajangmyeon and ten of your favorite mango puddings.” Chanyeol spoke as he looked inside the plastic bag. I screwed up again this time. Why did I need to throw tantrum over her for something else? She was right. I’m a jerk. I got up immediately and grabbed my car keys from the table.

 

 

I drove around the neighborhood for few rounds until I found her sitting on an old swing in the abandoned park. Had Hyojin lost her mind? It was dangerous for a girl like her to stay at this kind of place this late.  I chose so watched over her for a while from my car before I approach her. This girl is surely amazing. The temperature was subzero cold as heck as the sky was overcast and here she is, sitting on the swing with a jumper and beanie on her head, no scarf or coat and there was only a pair of house slippers attached on her feet.

 

“It’s cold here.” I voiced out in silence. I enrobed my Burberry scarf and held her cold hand. “What are you doing here?” She spat. “Me? Sitting here on the swing? Trying to freeze myself in this cold temperature?” I replied casually. She remained silence and sat quietly, staring at the cold empty air. “Don’t you feel cold in this windy night? It’s going to rain soon.” I spoke up to receive no response from her. I got up and pushed the swing slowly. “I’m sorry for reacting that way earlier. I’m just worry over you. I had no bad intention for it.” I explained.

 

She hummed and spacing out again. “You might like it if you stay here longer but can we please just move to somewhere warmer? I’m cold and it’s going to be raining soon.” I suggested. She stared at me blankly then stood up and walked away from the swing, limping. She must have injured herself again this time. I stopped her from walking and observed her feet. “You’re always good in injuring yourself. You know that?” I muttered. I pulled her to the nearest bench and sat her down. I walked to the convenience store and bought some first aid kit to treat her wound. “I did it again huh?” I uttered. “Yeah, acting liked an arse with your habit of being nonsense over little things and that’s what you’re always good at.” She replied. I remained quiet and treated her wound.

           

“I’m starving.” I said after I wrapped her feet with the bandage. She flashed a quizzical look on me, must had wondering about the food she bought. “Chanyeol saw it and I’m sure that they scarfed it down already, especially Jongin and Baekhyun.” I opined without waiting for her to voice out the question. “Odeng? I’m craving for it now. My treat.” I shortly said and she nodded in agreement.

 

“By the way, what happened earlier in the house? I sensed something not good back there.” She asked. “I bet you know it already. Lee Jaehun.” I said. Hyojin’s eyes widened in shock and left her in a loss of words. “I do know it. About Lee Jaehun, but I just found out that he’s your manager today from Luhan.” She croaked. “Yeah, I know that too.” I stated. She gave me a disbelief look once again. “Then… You didn’t ask me? Any question? Aren’t you curious?” She spoke up again after a sheer moment of silence. “Why should I? You said it yourself that you need privacy and space. So why do I need to intervene with it? As long as we’re both fine, I don’t think it is necessary that this matter to get along in the way.” I told her genuinely. “Wow. I’m so amazed with that sudden shift personality of yours. Acting like an arse then next thing you do is ‘I understand everything’ but seriously, you do know it? All of them or just this one? ” She scowled. I shrugged my shoulders and took another piece of the odeng. Should I tell her everything I know?

 


I'm back! i thought that this chapter might be a little bit . i wrote this in 50:50 fine and writer's block state. so sorry if it's kinda....disappointing? :(

Actually, i wonder if i should put one or 2 chapters with Luhan or EXO boys as the POV. IT's because i think i need a special chapter and it would went well with the flow of the story so it won't make me got another writer's block. what do you think? commeeenntttttssssss :)

 

But anyway, i think SM is going to make us broke even more than before. 2015 season's greeting, exology concert and upcoming 2015 album. it got me like....shizzus. should i rob the bank for this? :<

 

Oh yeah, december 2014 is a good christmas track from them! but it's kinda disappoint me since i play superstar smtown and they used korean version in both exo-k and exo-m. where's the mandarin version???? :<

 

Luhan and Kris next mediation to be set on the same day, Luhan is one of the shareholders of daling.com and Kris in magazine cover (i forgot which magazine) and tencent CF. Nice to hear that the boys are doing fine. :>

 

AND KRIS UPDATED HIS INSTAGRAM!!!!! i was fangirling like crazy when i saw it. tbh, i'm not a big fan of him (as Chanyeol Sehun Chen are my main 3) but he still got a spot in my bias list though.

 

Anyone, if you got subtitles for Cart movie, can you please share it? :( I'm pretty sure that all of you know already that the movie was already up online but NO SUBTITLES! I desperately need the subtitles to understand the story! 

 

Thanks for reading the story (and my blabbers)! See you in the next update! :)