Chapter 13

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Goldilocks #5

 

 I woke up in 5.a.m with an aching body because of all of these bruises. “.” My back was swelled and it’s so painful. It’s gotten worse than yesterday. I got up slowly from my bed; want to go downstairs to get a glass of water. Something caught my attention instead. There was a post-it note on my door. ‘Good morning. Maybe I’m not here when you woke up later. Photo shoots at Jeju. Please be careful when you went on the stairs, or you’ll get more bruises.’ It says. Seriously Sehun? Why doesn’t he text me instead of writing message like this?

 

I carefully went down on the stairs. When I was walking to the kitchen, I saw another post-it on the lamp next to the stair. ‘I put your ointment inside the fridge. Don’t forget to apply it. Okay? The blue cap is for your lips and eyes; the orange one is for your arms, calf and back. Don’t get mixed up.’  I chuckled while reading it. Playing doctor now? But…I like it. Even though I kept on giving him cold shoulder, he doesn’t mad at all. He also gave me something I never get since I was a little, attention.

 

It’s still early in the morning, but here I am, walking around the house to check if there’s another post-it notes. I was right. There are few more notes he has wrote. He must’ve gone crazy to write all of these in the early morning. I took all of his notes and decided to keep it.

 

‘I put some money inside the drawer in the living room. Just in case something happen.’ – 3rd note.

‘You might get bored. Just use the study room to browse on internet. I’ve unlocked it.’ – 4th note.

‘Don’t answer any call from the telephone and don’t open the door.’ ­– 5th note.

‘Don’t you ever try to get out from this house. Just stay at home and rest well. You’re still unwell.’ – 6th note.

‘I’ll ask Chanyeol or Jongin to deliver you some food. So you better wait for them. Don’t eat ramen. They know my password, so you don’t need to open the door for them.’ – 7th note.

 

True to his words, an hour before lunch, they came and brought some food, but it’s not Chanyeol or Jongin. It’s Luhan and Jongdae. “I thought Sehun said that Chanyeol or Jongin who’d came here.” I said once they entered the house. “Nah, they’re busy, sudden change of plan. Why? You don’t want to meet us? Anyway, we brought kalguksoo, japchae and kimchi soup for today’s lunch.” Luhan told me. “And we’ll have lunch together. I’m starving now. Let’s eat!” Jongdae added. “I thought we’re going to eat in the living room.” I said. “Really? Sehun doesn’t like people eating in his living room, except for some snacks.” Jongdae said as he kept on setting the table. Really? But we ate in the living room yesterday.

 

“Now tell me, what happened to your face? Why did you get beaten up like this?” Luhan asked. “Are you a member of a gang or mafia? Yakuza?” Jongdae added. “Do I look like one?” I asked them back rhetorically. They shook they head but kept on looking at me curiously. “Fine, I was beaten up because I fought with someone.” I answered, rolling my eyes. “Why?” Luhan asked again. “Stop asking.” I grumpily replied to him.

 

“UNO!!!” Luhan and Jongdae shouted in unison. “Yesss!! I won again. Yah, Hyojin-ah. Do you ever play UNO? Or even know how to play? You’ve been lose for 5 rounds straight.” Jongdae complained. “Fine. I’ve never play game like this before.” I admitted. “Really? Did you live in a cave or what? It’s a common game!” Jongdae said again. “Maybe it’s because I never had any friends before?” I replied unsurely. They silenced for a moment until Luhan awkwardly spoke up. “Let’s go to have some ice cream. Shall we? And start from now on, we’ll be your friends!” Luhan said and put both of his arm on my and Jongdae’s shoulders.

 

I don’t know how to respond him. I never have any friend before and this sudden friend-propose thingy? Nah, it’s weird. It feels weird and it’s the first time I experienced things like this. I don’t know what to do. It’s easier to be alone rather than letting people interfere or involve in my life. Letting them in is making everything difficult and complicated. Besides, I never trust anybody. Trust issue, that’s what people call it. Yes, I have trust issues towards people. The last time I trust people, which is my parents, I ended up like this, abandoned and being treated like a puppet in a puppet show. The people I should’ve been counting on, treating me like I’m nobody. So, why should I give up the principle I’ve been following to a bunch of weird guys who grouped themselves in a ridiculous name?

 

“Yah! Hyojin-ah, which flavors do you wants for the ice cream?” Jongdae asked. “No, thanks. I’ll just…” “Just give her Strawberry Cheesecake and Chocolate Mint.” Jongdae cut me off and decided by himself. “I’ve said no.” I told him. “Just think of it as a first treat from a friend.” He replied. “But I don’t think you guys are my friends.” I said quietly. “Why?” Luhan asked spontaneously as he his ice cream. “I don’t trust anybody and I don’t think I need friends to live. I’ll always fine being alone so far.” I remarked. “Nah, everybody always needs somebody. Ever heard that before? Maybe you don’t need us for now, but you will, someday. Now, eat your ice cream before it melt.” Jongdae commented on my words and handed me a cup of ice cream.

 

“Starts from now on, wait. I mean, starts from now on, Thursday, 8th May 2013 3.17 p.m, I announced you, Jung Hyojin, as my friend, as well as EXO’s friends!” Luhan announced, holding up his BR ice cream spoon. “And I’m not taking ‘no’ as answer. So deal with it, Jung.” The latter added and took a spoon of my ice cream. “Why don’t you just broadcast it on TV instead, Luhan?” I commented sarcastically. “Uh-uh… It’s Luhan Oppa for you, young lady. I’m 6 years older than you, or maybe 5? Nah, I don’t care. The point is I’m older than you. It’s not that crowded and you’re well covered. So don’t you worry, Princess Jung.” Luhan said again. “Shut up, Luhan.” I snapped.

 

“Let’s go and watch a movie. It’s getting boring here.” Jongdae suggested. “Who’ll pay?” Luhan asked and showed his puppy doe eyes. “Fine, deer! I’m paying! It feels like I’m the oldest now.” Jongdae said and rolled his eyes. I chuckled softly, watching them bickering all the way. I don’t know anymore. Everything they have done in front of me, it makes me happy in some unexplainable way, something I’ve never experienced before. I don’t know if I should label them as my ‘friend’. I never trust people, I afraid that I’ll get hurt in the end. I’m having enough of it. Even though they seem kind and friendly, my mind told me not to giving up. My mind said so, but my heart said the other way. Try. Try to befriend them.

 

“Let’s watch The Amazing Spiderman 2!” Luhan exclaimed as he pointed on the poster. “No way, hyung! Transcendence!” Jongdae refused immediately. “No! Spiderman!” “Transcendence!” “Spiderman!”  “Trans…” “Give me 3 tickets of Oculus please.” I spontaneously said, not wanting to hear them bicker even more while people are queuing on the line. “What are you looking at? Pay.” I said to Jongdae as he and Luhan stared at me. “But…” “Just pay it!” Someone shouted from our back. Jongdae reluctantly fished out his pocket and took out few notes to pay. “What kind of movie is that, Jung?” Luhan asked and I pointed on his left. “We could just watch Spiderman if Jongdae didn’t argue about it earlier.” Luhan said sulkily. “Shut up. Let’s just get into the studio.” I annoyingly told him.

 

I can’t focus on the movie at all. Thinking about what should I do next, after figure out all of these problems, about how I can figure it all and…EXO. Some part of me says that I don’t need them, but also feel like I can’t let them away from me. Even though it’s only few days I’ve been with them, they gave me things I’ve never experience before, something I’ve been longing for. I want to stay, but I can’t. What if…


 

another update! ;3 what do you think?

there's a rumour said that Kris is leaving EXO to be a cast of a Chinese movie. idk if it's rumor or real, but i hope that he would come back to EXO and role in a movie too. i'm not gonna picking sides, but if he decided to leave EXO and focus on his acting career instead, i hope he'd do his best and not gonna regret that he left EXO in future. NO OFFENSE. i'm still gonna support him and EXO. hope that Kris would come back to EXO. i miss his dummy acts. :")