Chapter 24

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Goldilocks #10

 

“Your own dance studio?” I asked as I scanned around this spacious mirrored room. He brought me to a studio apartment in Gangnam. “It was, until I left it years ago.” He replied. So you dance huh? I never had idea that a model like you could dance.” I spoke playfully. “I danced. That’s past tense.” He said shortly. “How long had you stopped dancing?” I asked as I blew the dust off the table. “I don’t know. Maybe it’s been 6 or 7 years.” He replied. I kept on scanning around and I admitted that I like this place. Spacious and well-designed, except that it was a little bit cluttered and dusty. “May I know why?” I asked again. He fell silent afterward and I could see that he startled by my question. “Forget that I asked. It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me. I don’t want to into your problem.” I prompted.

 

“We can clean this place and let the kids to stay here. It’s nearer to my house and safer.” He spoke up change the awkward atmosphere. “What? No. It’s your studio. What if you want to…” “I don’t dance anymore. It’s better for them to stay here than let this place waste for nothing.” He said then took a picture from the table on the corner. “At least I can use this studio for a better purpose.” He muttered. I walked slowly to him and saw him holding a frame. Frame of three people captured in a picture, but there was a woman’s face that is blurred purposely in which I assumed was his mother.

 

“So that’s the little Oh Sehun and his father? Cute.” I spoke as I saw it. He looked sad and maybe he was going to cry soon. “I miss him. I can’t believe that he’s gone this fast.” Sehun muttered sadly. It caught me off-guard. He was sobbing quietly. I hugged him then he cried on my shoulder. We stayed like that for a moment then he looked up and put the frame back to its place.  “Feeling better?” I asked and he nodded weakly.

 

“He passed away because of an accident.” He said out of blue when we we’re inside the car of the parking lot. “You don’t need to tell me if you’re not ready for it.” I said as I saw his painful expression. “It’s all because of me. I was a spoilt brat before. I always forced my father to do anything I want and he never complaint about it, just listen and do to what I said. Even sometimes if it’s too much to handle, but he still did it for me.” He explained.

 

“Then one day, I joined a competition. I was too selfish that time. I threatened my dad to flight right away from Jeju to watch my performance or I would not perform at all. My dad could only agree about it as he was the one who support me the most in dancing. Actually I know that it was impossible for him to be there on time and I would still dance even if he doesn’t come. In the end, I performed but I lose. When I got home, my dad secretary told me that he passed away in a flight accident. I was having extreme breakdown. Why? It’s because I have nobody to lean on anymore. My mom was two-timing my dad. I had only one person to lean on and he left because of my ego. Since that day, I decided to step down from dancing.”

 

“It was a perfect timing for my mom. She was shocked at first, but after the funeral, she looked fine like nothing happened and abandoned me once again. I thought that she would change but no, it was worse. She moved away with his lover and abandoned me. Since that day, I had no idea how could it happened but I befriended with wrong people who were only using me for money. I spent my dark days alone with them and alcohol. When I supposed to enjoy my youth during that young age, I spent the days in misery. I was a horrible drunkard until I met Luhan. He introduced me to good friends called EXO and I slowly began to change. One day, she moved back to my house with her lover because she wanted my father’s wealth and properties. I was devastated once again and back to my old self. I told Luhan everything after few weeks and the next day, I didn’t know how could all of his wealth are mine when I wasn’t in legal age.”

 

“Apparently, I found out that my dad’s lawyer is his uncle. Since that encounter with Luhan, he always be there for me and protect me. In the end, Luhan told me that actually my dad bought a house under my name from my dad’s lawyer. He kept on persuading me to move into the new house, which is my current house. I refused. I couldn’t leave all of the memories there but I thought it would be the best to leave. Reluctantly, I made a deal that the house is the only thing she would get from my father. Luhan was there to stayed with me and help me to control my drinking habit and rise up from my dark days.”

 

“I have only two things that I treasured now, that I can’t afford to lose, you and EXO. I want to pay back the wrongdoings I’ve done in past. That’s why I decided to let the kids to stay at my studio. I believe my dad would agree about it as well.” He confessed in sorrow. Luhan was right. His life was messed up and he’s been through too much for his age. Then I noticed something. “So it was him that stressed you out that day?” I asked and he nodded as response. “Don’t worry. We’ll always be here for you. EXO and I will always be with you through good and bad days. Reality and world are truly harsh towards people like us, but we can always show them we can face it and thank you, Sehun. Thank you for telling me and thank you for changing my mindset. I used to be like that but now, I realized that I should get up from these s. Jongdae was right. Everybody needs somebody. Thank you so much, Oh Sehun.” I whispered as I hugged him.

 

“Where did you two going? It’s kinda late now.” Luhan asked once he sat down after carried Sehun back to his room as he fell asleep on the way back home. “Gangnam. We went to his studio.” I answered and my answer surprised the latter. “He told me everything about his past.” I spoke again. “I thought that he would never go there anymore.” Luhan commented seriously. “He never been there until today, I guessed. The place was dusty and cluttered. He looked so sad when he saw the picture of him and his dad. You were right. He’s been through too much.” I said.

 

“He told you everything about his dad and mom?” Luhan asked unsurely and I nodded. “He told me that you were the one who help him the most through those days and introduce him to EXO.” I continued. “Wow. He can’t be easily open up to people like this before. You must be one of the important people in his life. Promise me that you’ll stay with him. You’ll never leave him no matter what.” Luhan said seriously. I agreed and he hugged me. “Thanks, Hyojin.”

 

“I think I should thank him more than he thanked me.” I said and he loosened his hug. “He made me realize about realities and life. Now I agreed that Jongdae and you were right. Everybody needs somebody and sometimes people need changes to move forward. I was too stubborn in my own thought and principles since I never have anybody to share anything I’ve been through.” I said to Luhan. “That’s right. Now, Sehun can move on from his past. So do you. You can also move on with your life and cherish it. Revenge is never been good. Don’t spend your days for people who don’t deserve your time and efforts.” Luhan said that it startled me. I stared at him in shock. “What…what do you mean?” I stammered. “It’s getting late now. You’re staying here right? Then, let’s go to sleep now. Good night, sister.” Luhan said, ignoring the question and left to his shared room with Tao.

 

Luhan’s last statement left me in bewilderment. ‘Revenge is never been good.’ What’s that even mean?  Does it possible if he know what I’m doing now? Would he go against me? I could trust them, but not entirely. I shouldn’t put my guards down and let my naivety take control over me once again. I’ve been fooled enough. Even if he doesn’t look like one, should I be cautious around him? He won’t ruin my plan and bring me down right? Maybe Luhan was right again this time. Should I stop now? But I’ve been through this far and few steps closer to expose it all. For once again, I’m trapped in confusion. What should I do? 

 


 

An update!!! :3 can someone please tell me if my story is getting better or...boring? i need to know how my story goes so i can improve myself. anyway, thanks for readers.. :)

and OMG that Die Jungs photobook!!!! i wish i could have that as my early birthday gift. LOL (even tho my bday is in december) the said that the photoshoot was taken in 2013, which means in wolf or growl era.... Kris was supposed to be there right? but maybe or i can say it must be that SM remove him. :(

There's no news about Kris and SM lawsuit but only Kris and his acting carrer. good to hear that he's improving and got many good cances in entertainment industries despite that he's being inactive in EXO. I hope SM won't stop him and his career. :)