Chapter 51

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Goldilocks #22

 

 I opened my eyes to see white curtains and my eyes squinted due to the white light bulb on the ceiling, shining right on top of me. “Hospital ward?” I asked weakly to Jamie who was next to me. “Oh God! Finally you’re awake. Yes, how do you feel now?” She asked in worry. “I’m fine, except for this spinning head and aching shoulders.” I replied back then she was going to say something but I cut her off. “My baby! My Victoria Beckham’s Black Crepe Playsuit is paint-stained! ! I was supposed to wear this to the dinner! OMG! I forgot about the dinner. What should I do now? What time is it?” I was too panicked and tossed off the thin white blanket but Jamie stopped me. “You should rest. No client dinner or whatsoever.” She commanded seriously. “Then at least let me call them to apologize properly for the absence! Get me my phone. I’ll make John Barlow rot in jail forever for ruined all of this! Damn it.”  Now I should re-schedule all my schedules again!” I shouted desperately and lay my back on the headboard.

 

“We don’t need that kind of dinner to seal the deal.” A man spoke up out of nowhere, in a familiar deep voice yet different accent in his English. Both Jamie and I looked at the entrance door and saw a tall man, leaning on the wall as he took a sip of the canned coffee. “Long time no see, babe.” He called out as we both looked at him and remained speechless, for different reasons. I didn’t know about Jamie but as for me, I was more than surprised to see this man, standing proudly like it was something normal. He exhaled awkwardly before strolled to my ward. I was at loss of words. He took the chair next to my right then sat down comfortably. “I know that you’re one of the representatives but who do you think you are for calling her ‘babe’?” Jamie glared and folded her hands on her chest. “You personally know me right?” He asked casually to me with a smug face then looked at annoyed Jamie. “Representatives?” I recited her words and she agreed in a single hum.

 

My head was throbbing hard. The bandaged temple and overflowing information won’t help to make it better. “And you chose them without my consent?” I murmured in a huff. “They’re the candidates from the Korean representatives and you asked me to have a poll with the staffs and they’re the chosen one.” Jamie replied carefully. “But can you notify me beforehand. What if I disagree? What if I have better option? Damn it, Jamie!” I shouted. “You said that it’s up to me and the staffs. The photographer also fine with it. The problem is only you. What’s with that sudden outburst?” Jamie grunted. New lesson learned. Always decide everything by yourself. “Can you please leave us for a moment?” I calmly asked her and she glared at me in disbelief. I pleaded again before she reluctantly agreed.

 

 “You haven’t answered my question, Ms. Heather Jung.” He stated after she left. “Why are you here? Who’s the other model?” I questioned but he didn’t give me the answer from my last question. “Why did you leave without telling us?” He asked again. “I want to start anew. I want to leave everything behind but in the end, we just crossed path again.” I remarked. “By leaving us just like that, one of us may hurt you in some ways, well…few of us, but does it mean that the rest should be part of your resentment? You chose to flee away. That’s fine but why would you resent us too, the innocent one who got nothing to do with it and helped you? That’s what we called unfair. We think of you as our family but in the end I guessed you didn’t think of us like the way we do, right?” He reckoned sadly.

 

“I do. Even until now, I still do think of all of you but I just can’t go back. It was too much for me.  I don’t know how to handle myself for it. I may leave already but deep inside me, it left me unhealed scars that even me myself still scared of it. The past is still chasing me down till today. Call me selfish or anything but do you know how it feels like to be having nightmare in your sleep every night? To be scared of people you met for the scare of things repeated in bad ways? To be haunted by guilt over innocent people? It’s not easy for me to start over like this.” I shed a tear as I confessed. “Luhan ever told you this before right, to let go and start over? You did start over but you didn’t let go of the past.” He straightly stated. How did he know? I thought it was only me and Luhan were there that time. “I was there. I accidentally overheard it.” He replied nonchalantly to the question in my mind. “So you knew about it too?” He shrugged his shoulders and replied back casually. “I actually found out about it long before Luhan knew it though. That’s also why I’m willing to help. But I kept it for myself until Luhan and Sehun found it out.”

 

“Will you forgive us?” I looked at him when he said that. “Us?” He nodded and proceeded to his word. “Us. Forgive us for unable to protect you, using you, for every mishap in the past.” He reciprocated sincerely. This is wrong. Why did he treat me this way after everything I had done to them? Why did he always capable of being so positive like that? “But you didn’t do anything wrong. I was the one who supposed to apologize to you for using you for my own benefit. You’re supposed to resent me, not the opposite. Why are you being kind to me for everything I’ve done?” I questioned. “Nobody’s perfect. Everyone deserves second chance. Everyone with no exception, it applies on us too. I never resent you for it as well.”  He replied truthfully. “Hyung, are you done yet?” Our conversation was stopped when a man with jet black hair showed up and peeked inside the ward I was currently at and stared at us in wide eyes, in the same reaction as I did. 

 


 

HI! Sorry for the long wait. i've been busy since i'm now preparing to enter the university (yes i'm a late student). But now here i am, with an update for sure!

 

I just read an article that Baekhyun almost slipped by saying 'twelve' on live and it happened twice already! seems like he's still stuck in ot12, in which all of us do, too. 

 

Have you guys watch 'I Remember You'? Dang it! Satansoo in action! kkk~