Chapter 57

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Goldilocks #25

 

“You know what? I really want to slap you, hard, right now, Oh Sehun.” I said as I gritted my teeth. The people around us kept on looking at us and murmuring. Some of them even recording and capturing us with their smartphones, probably itching to make some tip and turn the scene into money, gold digger. “I can sue all of you for these so better stop recording us and put the phone down!” I shouted to them but failed as they still held their phone high to record us. Damn it, unwanted attention and unwanted scene. I was so eager to curse out loud to them and the man who was standing right before me but we’re now in public, which made me think twice about risking my image just because of this. 

 

“I want to slap you hard, Sehun, for creating unwanted scene here, for embarrass me in public and for making me… falling slowly again for you.” I said as I tried to hold my tears from falling down. Sehun was at loss for seconds before he spoke up again, muttering a low voice ‘what’. “I hate you. I hate you for making me fall in you. I hate the way you know me better than myself. I hate the way you read me like an open book without me realizing it. I hate you for knowing my heart better than I do that I always lose to my own self because of it. I hate you for turning my heart upside down. I hate you for the way you made the butterflies in me flutter uncontrollably no matter how much I try to deny and stop it. I hate the fact that… I still love you after all these years.” I cried as I said those. The strange thing is, instead of anger, I cried in joy for able to admit it. It feels good. After all these years, trying to hide over the fact and insisting that the feeling was no longer exist. It was so hard to kept my mind thinking that way as the love and memories of him is exist and lingering all over my mind until now. The feeling of relief that rushed in me for the confession just made me feel good even though it was all exposed unexpectedly like this.

 

Sehun stood still, staring at me for seconds before mouthed a ‘what’ to me. I was going to lift my hand to wipe the tears that flowing like a waterfall but he wiped it for me instead. “Stop crying.” He said but I can’t. I was sobbing hard. I was sobbing like a five years old girl who lost her dolls. He pulled a sincere smile on his face before pulling me closer to him for a hug and calming me down by caressing my hair, humming a soft ‘stop crying’ repeatedly. “You look ugly when you cry.” He jokingly said. I hit his chest without looking up and hid my face on his chest. I could sense that his lips were curved up with an idiotic smile.

 

He loosed the hug and my face with his slender fingers. “Thank you, for trusting me once again. Thank you for coming back to me. I promise you that I won’t disappoint you, Jung Hyojin. Please allow me to love you with all my life. We experienced too much to be healed by merely words. More than words to fix things and the mistakes we’ve made. We had too many lies, scars and pains to begin with and follow us for life but time will also heal it. Time boils the rain. Time is the only way for sadness and pains to be in our life but also will be the only help and hope as well. Time will give us chance to change it into something beautiful. Silver lining of life, you might say. Allow me to paint your life into the colorful one. I may not be able to color your life as colorful as it used to be but at least, allow me to try to paint these 3 colors into your heart.” He said as he tucked my loose hair behind my earlobe, his brown eyes fixated on mine. I smiled at him before he continues.

 

“I want to change the colors of the black in you into red, yellow and blue. Why I chose these 3 colors? Red, yellow and blue. I want to change the black fears, sadness and pain in you into the red of bravery and happiness, yellow of joy and smiles, and the blue of peace. I want to change everything for us to turn a new page of our life, a fresh and good start for us. Am I allowed to?” I sincerely confessed as she smiled and hugged me, tight. “Those lines were good to go for the reasons of my answer but actually that’s not the reason. Remember the question last night?” I asked as I lift my face up to face his face, smiling atn me. He muttered a soft ‘yes’. “My answer is you.” I replied shortly and he hugged me again but then I heard, wait. It wasn’t only me but Sehun and people around us heard it as well. A loud ‘yes’ and few lunatic screams, which are also familiar to both our ears. “Jongdae! We’re busted now because of you!” Then I turned to my right and saw Chanyeol, having a Line video call with few EXO members and his iPhone camera was focused on us. “Sorry. Hello Jung! Nice to meet you!” Chen shouted and waved in front of the screen before he was pushed away by Baekhyun. “Jung! Get your back here to Korea!” Baekhyun shouted and also pushed by the others before Chanyeol ended the call, not giving them any chance to speak anymore.

           

“So… Everything’s good now?” Chanyeol spoke up then walked towards us with Jamie. Sehun and I looked at each other before we nodded as response. “Finally. I’m tired of being your matchmaker anyway.” Jamie said then took a sip of my Grande Latte. Sehun and I looked at her in puzzling look. “I lied. Heather is only leaving for New York Fashion Week. Thank me later for that.” She proudly said with a wink. “Well… I was thinking to tell him after NYFW anyway but still, thank you, Jamie.” I thanked and hugged her tight after pulled myself off of Sehun’s arms. “Save this for later. You guys got a flight to catch. I need some time with my bae anyway.” Sehun said then dragged them out to the lounge entrance. “So…shall we begin again, Heather Jung?” Sehun asked in which I replied with a smile, a sincere and joyful smile. 

 


 

LAST CHAPTER!

 

but i'll give an epilogue for all of you who's curious about something kkkk~~~

 

PLEASE WAIT! :)