Chapter 35

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Goldilocks #15

 

To : Sehun~

 

                                                                                                                8.39 p.m – I won’t be home for few days.

8.42 p.m – Why? Are you going somewhere? How

                      many days?                                                 

                                                                                                                 8.43 p.m – Don’t know. Maybe 3 or 4 days.

                                                                                                                                    You won’t act like a clingy bf now                                                                                                                                         right?                            

8.45 p.m – But at least I need to know where are

                   you going. Mind to tell me now?

                                                                                                                 8.46 p.m – Somewhere. Don’t worry. I’ll give                                                                                                                                            you a call every day. Okay? J

8.47 p. m – Fine. Take care and be sure to call me

                    every day and answer my call or I swear

                    to God I’ll sent a barricade of police to

                    find you.

                                                                                                                 8.48 p.m – Stop exaggerating and being a                                                                                                                                            nitpicking bf.

 

It was only been 4 days of me and Sehun dating each other but he was being a nitpicking and overprotective boyfriend already. It was hard to convince this guy. We even had a light quarrel yesterday because he kept on asking me where I stayed for the night. He has right to ask it but for God’s sake, we were just dating for days. I need, I mean WE need time to adjust about it. Sehun and I surely had a long way ahead of us, a long and rough one.

 

“Isn’t that Chanyeol?” I said to myself when I spotted him sitting alone in the park, holding his guitar. “Sorry.” He said as he collected all of his stuffs on the bench when I approached him. “It’s me.” I said and lowered down my muffler and specs. “Oh. I thought you were some stranger as you’re…well covered.” He said. “What are you doing here by yourself?” I asked. “Nothing. Just enjoying the view and breezes.” He said and forced a smile. “Nope. You looked so down. I’m all ears if you want to share it to me. I might not be so helpful but I’m a good listener.” I told him and handed him a can of Chilsung Cider. “My favorite. Thanks. You still remember our first encounter huh?” He said and opened the can. We sat there in silence for a while, like what he said, enjoying the view and the breezes. It was warm and somehow the solitude atmosphere of the park was so comfortable.

 

All night staring at the ceiling making friends with shadows on my wall

All night hearing voices telling me that I should get some sleep

Because tomorrow might be good for something

Hold On, feeling like I’m headed for a breakdown and I don’t know why

 

But I’m not crazy, I’m just a little unwell

I know, right now you can’t tell

But stay a while and maybe then you’ll see, a different side of me

I’m not crazy, I’m just a little impaired

I know, right now you don’t care

But soon enough you gonna think of me and how I used to be, me

 

(Unwell – Matchbox Twenties)

 

“I just had a fight with my sister and I just found out that my crush is dating someone else but not me.” He told me casually, trying to be cool with it. “Your sister? Why?” I asked and he stayed quiet. “How about your crush? Had you tell her about your feeling towards her?” I asked again to change the topic about her sister. I had a feeling that he doesn’t want to talk about it. “No. I had no chance for it. She doesn’t look like she like me that way though. I’m glad that she’s with someone great but I’m still hoping for her to be mine.” Chanyeol confessed. “Oppa, we can’t predict future. It could be 2 reasons for that. First, maybe she’s not the right one and you deserve someone’s better. Second, you might end up with her, but not now. There’s still time for things to change. So cheer up!” I said and playfully hit his shoulder.

 

“You might be right for that. Thanks. Maybe I should move on from her. If we were really meant for each other, we’ll cross paths again right?” Chanyeol said as he looked up to the blue sky. “That’s my Chanyeol Oppa!” I said and did the same. “Oh. Sehun said that you haven’t been home from yesterday. Why?” He asked. “Just…got something to do. I told him already that I’ll be home in few days.” I told him casually. “Oh. Just come back a.s.a.p. He’s been worrying about you.” Chanyeol spoke again. “Sure I will. I think I should go now. See you later!” I said and bid him goodbye.

 

It had been days since I trailed on Kwon Sangwoo and Moon Saehee. I also trespassed again into my ‘lovely’ parents’ house and found few new documents about their filthy deals. Yes, filthy deals. They just made new deals about the tax and that Kim Jonghyun and Lee Jaehun but there’s something peculiar. I overheard them talking about a company that they were going to take over as the scapegoat, Jun Insurances Inc. “Luhan Oppa, are you busy?” I asked on the line. “Not really. Why? Something’s up?” He inquired back. “Just need to talk about something.” I replied. “Okay. Come to my studio. I’ll text you the address.” He said and I hung up.

           

 “Oh. You’re here. You guys may leave. I’ll contact again soon to re-schedule your practice.” Luhan said and asked the youngsters to leave. “You and your habit of shoo-ing people away. Who are they? They looked so young.” I told him as I put down my bag and sat on the couch. “My junior. I’m helping them for their upcoming debut. Am I awesome?” The latter said and put a V-sign under his chin. “Save the praises for yourself. I got something more important to talk about.” I stated and took out the documents I’ve printed out for him to observe.

 

“Kim Jonghyun has big involvement in this case, as well as your parents. It looks like they’re the mastermind of all.” Luhan said as he observed further. “Why don’t you be a lawyer instead if you’re this smart?” I asked out of blue. “So you do admit that I’m smart huh?” Luhan smirked and I scoffed in return. “Nah. All of my father’s families are basically lawyer and doctor but I’m too lazy to stay behind the desk, working on crazy files that take years to solve and let my brain explode inside out like those people. I’m also the type of artsy person. I’m more into music. I had no idea about laws, I just happened to know about the people and I’m a good observant. I helped my uncle a lot before to solve this kind of case before so I can figure out a little bit.” Luhan explained.

 

“Jun Insurances Inc.???” Luhan shouted and harshly put down the paper. “You know it? It’s just an additional note I added from their latest conversation. I overheard it when I hid inside Sangwoo’s office room.” I told him. Luhan’s face was red of anger. I bet that he knew about the involvement or maybe a tiny bit information about Jun Insurances. He stood up to take his phone from the desk and made a phone call.

 

 “Sehun-ah, where are you?” He asked on the line. Sehun? Why did Luhan call him in sudden? “Stop asking other people to take the file from the company. There’s a traitor in the company. I’ll explain the detail later.” Luhan explained in one-go and hung up. Sehun? Company? Traitor? “Luhan Oppa, what’s with this all?” I carefully asked the older brother while he was texting on his phone. “Sehun has involved in this.” Luhan stated shortly. What did he just say? Sehun has involved? How?

 

 


 

an update! :3 sorry for taking too long when i said i'll update sooner (if i did say it before).