Chapter 1

Goldilocks and The Prince

The Rebellious Princess #1

“Now tell me why should I get engaged to that immature brat? If you have any good and sensible reason for it, I’ll think about it again.” I said. “Jung Hyojin. He’s not an immature brat like you said. He’s a smart and independent man who’s success in such young age. He’ll create a good family for you and us. He’s a perfect candidate for you.” Mom replied. “How did you know that he’s not an immature brat? Do you really know him that well? Good family? Maybe a good family for you. It’s for you, not for me. If you like him that much, why don’t you just get engage to him instead of me?” I said rudely.

 

“Hyojin!” My father shouted. “What? It’s true anyway. Both of you do like him so much right? Just make him your son instead of having a…let me think of any words you said to me. Oh. Immature, rude and useless daughter. If both of you are really my parents, you’re supposed to know and understand about me. Not just forcing and ordering me to do things I don’t like. Ah… You guys think it’s enough if you facilities me with those cars, stuffs and money? Both of you are wrong then.” I remarked.

 

They stayed silent for a while. I know that they’ll do anything for it. So I decided to use my last chance to save myself. “Why do people nowadays are so blinded with money? So blinded by money that made them look like uneducated low-class people? I knew what both of you have done with those taxes. Your ace card is on me. So don’t mess up with me.” I added in challenging tone. “What...do you mean?” My mom asked nervously. “Both of you corrupt those taxes for this luxurious life. ‘Let’s create a better government system for better Korean future’? Bull. I rather in live a simple life than live by dirty money. It’s not like I’m so depending on you guys anyway. I can manage living alone. It’s even better than living in this decorated hell. If both of you still kept on forcing me to engage with that guy, think twice. You’ve know what I’d do. With only one word and evidence, both of you are going back right to square one. Oh, I think should go now. Got something to do.” I said as I stood up and walked out from my father’s study room.

 

“Hyojin, you better listen to us or…” I shut the door loudly before he finished his famous words of threat.

 

It’s annoying. Yes, I’m talking about my bossy and annoying parents. I’m Jung Hyojin. I’m the one and only daughter of well-known South Korea Prime Minister, Jung Hwanhee. About what happened earlier, they kept on forcing me to get engage with Kim Jonghyun, a famous CEO of Kim’s Media Corporations. Are they kidding me? Arranged marriage? What century is this? I also hate his guts. A snobbish and arrogant guy who always brags about his money and talk about how ‘impressive’ his life is. I really have no idea of what my parents see from his personalities.  He must’ve worked so hard to impress my parents with his fake angelic attitude.

 

I’m smart and independent. I’ve always managed to solve all of my problems without letting them interfere with it since I know that I’m not worth their time. Yes, they’re workaholic type of people. They never showed up in any competitions I’ve joined and even my birthday party since they’re all too busy to ‘Let’s create a better government system for better Korean future’ like what they said, until they decided to abandon their daughter. Pathetic, that word describes everything. The only conversation we have is about how I should be the best like them, laws and pursue their political dreams and that arranged engagement. We never have any normal daily conversations like how normal family should have. right?

 

Well. Now I have another more important issue to handle. Engagement. How should I listen and do what they asked me to do? It’s crazy. This is my life. They may had control everything, but not this one. I’m so tired of how they always scold me and forcing me to do things that I loathe the most. I’m not their friggin’ puppet they can control. Now, I’ve decided something. Maybe it’s something I should’ve done from a long time ago. I know it so well of how the consequences are. Maybe, it would be my best and bravest decision I’ve ever made in my 19 years of existence. Escape, a runaway from these so-called puppeteers. My life isn’t their puppet show.

 

Runaway from problems isn’t the right solution. I know that. But sometimes, do the wrong things for right purpose isn’t that bad. As long as it doesn’t harm or create any disadvantages to other people. That’s what I thought of right now. I need to fight for the freedom of my life too after all.

 

A plan, the only thing I have in my mind and I’m rooting on it as my life depends on it. As soon as I got home, I packed my stuffs into my duffel bag and backpack. I wrote a short farewell letter for my housemaids and parents and apologized for what I’ve done (fake apologize for sure). I know this would be a good plan for my life and my freedom, but actually at the same time I’m also scared. A single careless mistake could ruin everything I’ve planned. Once it failed, I’ll back to this puppetry life, or even worse than before. “God, please help me this time.” I said and walked out of my room. 

 

 

 


 

First chapter updated! and i'll give double update for today! ;D

Don't forget to comment and subscribe. any critics and suggestions is accepted. :)

it's been a long time i didn't update any story to AFF so i'm a lil' bit lost with its changes. It used to be simple and easy to paste our story from word to AFF. But now, why do the paragraphs indent aren't working? mind tell me anyone? is it AFF or it's a mistake from me?

Thanks. :)