Chapter Thirteen

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Sooyoung watched the current last performance for the musical she attended with her husband. She had a hard time asking her husband to go with her but then, after he had talked with the boys privately, he miraculously agreed. It was a good way to at least reduce the awkwardness between them. Before going to the musical, Kris even surprised her with a dinner.

 

While she enjoys the performance, Kris barely had the will to watch because the mellow sounds make him sleepy. To get rid of it, he took a closer look on his wife. Her white off-shoulder long gown illuminates her creamy skin. Her hair tied in a messy bun completes the look. A faint smile made its way on his lips just by looking at her. There was just something in her tonight that makes her glow and look so damn beautiful in his eyes. He was just startled to hear the applause as his wife joins the crowd to give a standing ovation. They are already lining up to get outside.

 

“I really love that musical. It’s so romantic isn’t it?” she sighed sparing her husband a look.

“Eh? Ah, ne. It’s romantic,” he replied.

She pouted in front of him, “You didn’t watched it right?”

“Aniyo, it was actually good. Maybe I am just tired,” he tried to smile his way out of the argument.

She was about to answer when his phone rang, saving him from another remark from his wife.

 

“Yeoboseo?” he answered.

“Hyung, we had already booked the room for two nights. All you have to do is go to the receptionist and ask about the reservation for Mister Kris Wu. It will be a two night stay in so make the best of it,” Suho immediately replied. He even heard the other boys cheering on the background. When he turned around after ending the call to check on his wife, a faint smile got tugged on his lips again.

‘Why did I ever think of doing that thing?’ he thought moving to slide his arm on her waist, surprising Sooyoung.

“Wae?” she looked up at him with a mixture of confusion and surprise.

“Mianhe,” he whispered, a faint blush coloring his cheeks from the sudden confession.

They stopped where they are, people leaving just passes by them.

 

“Mianhe for what?” she asked again.

“I just thought that what I did was wrong. I completely let go of my self control. I shouldn’t have done that,” he rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed, though still holding her close.

A lovely smile got painted on her face, adding up to the beauty she already have.

“Paboya! You sound so awkward and that image does not suit you either.”

“Does that mean I am already forgiven?” he looked down to meet her eyes only to be drowned on those eyes of hers.

 

‘Damn! Why does she look so beautiful tonight?’ he thought, getting mesmerized on the face he is looking at now.

Something from the way she looks up at him made him slowly close the distance between them. He let his lips touch hers, slowly and sweetly animating the kiss. He felt her smile making him part. He involuntarily pouted, somehow appealing to his wife. She let out a soft chuckle, “What’s wrong with you?” she asked.

“I don’t know. It’s just that you are so beautiful,” he sighed.

“Let’s go home. You must be tired. The boys are probably waiting for us now,” she slowly removed his arm on her waist lacing her fingers on his before they left the hall.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Where are we going?” she asked when she noticed the car going on the opposite direction.

She was just rewarded by a smile from her husband. Her phone rang, diverting her attention to it. It was Kyungsoo.

“Noona, I know you are probably wondering where the two of you are going so to     

enlighten you, that is the thing the two of us talked about a few days ago. Don’t back out now or think of running away. Remember that you already told me you agreed. And don’t bother to reply, just enjoy the night and please don’t be scared. Just trust him this time,” then the call was ended.

 

She stared at her phone when it beeped. “What’s with Kyungsoo?” she asked more likely to herself than to her husband.

“Wae? What did he told you?” he asked, his eye still on the road ahead.

“Never mind,” she dismissed it and shut again.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

He led the way to the receptionist and asked the current one behind the counter, “Reservation for Mister Kris Wu,” he immediately informed.

“Oh, the presidential suite. Please follow me,” the male receptionist said and led them to the elevator.

“Please wait for a while since the suite is on the topmost floor,” the male receptionist said as he closes the door of the elevator.

The ride way up was made in silence, Kris keeping a closed distance near his wife. When the lifts opened up, the male receptionist guided them on the sole room on the floor. He unlocked it before handing the key to Kris.

“We prepared it according to your order. Please don’t hesitate to call us for any discomforts you may experience. Enjoy your stay with your wife, he bowed and left the two.

 

“Shall we?” he gestured on the open door. Sooyoung got inside first. She noticed the two pair of room slippers provided so she removed her stilettos to wear one. She went further inside to check the place. The mini kitchen is located on the far left, with a glass partition; the bathroom is on the opposite side. She noticed the receiving area on the farther right corner with a few pieces of furniture; the bed opposite to it, near the open door of the balcony. She left her purse on the nearest sofa and went to get some fresh air on the open balcony.

 

The sight was breathtaking. The city lights were like the stars scattered closely each other on the night sky. The wind softly blows making her relax.

“Here,” she turned her head to receive the glass of red wine her husband handed her. Kris had taken off his coat and tie, his polo folded up to the elbow.

There was silence.

 

“I heard you got a job already,” he broke the silence.

“Ne,” came her short reply.

“Congratulations.”

“Thanks.”

Sooyoung took her drink in one gulp and moved to get inside. She filled her glass again and took another shot before she breathed deeply. Somehow having the courage she moved to get back to her husband after removing any pieces of jewelry she has.

 

Her arms winding on to his waist from the back startled him a bit. She gave him a back hug, leaning on his broad back, letting him shield her from the blowing wind. The faint hum of his breathing calmed her before she leaned up on his shoulders, whispering.

“Shall we?”

Those mere words made him know that she knows why they are here. He gave her a side glance, “Are you ready?” he asked.

“Ne,” she replied.

 

He slowly loosened her arms on his waist and turned to look at her. He placed his glass on the lone table near them before pulling close. He smiled as he reaches to remove the pin that holds her hair together. Her brown locks fell on her shoulder, framing her face, blown lightly by the wind.

 

Both never broke the eye contact, not when he brushed his knuckles on her face with such tenderness. She smiled and leaned on to his touch, closing her eyes. With his left arm on her waist, he cupped her face with his right hand and slowly bent down to kiss her. The kiss was sweet, full of tenderness. When they parted, he looked at her again.

“Are you really sure?”

She nods her head, “Ne,” she softly replied.