Saturday ( II )

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Third person Point of View

Night time came, the moon’s light shining brightly down at the countryside giving off a tranquil atmosphere. Everyone was outside the house sitting around the bonfire on a tree log. Since EXO-K was there, they had decided to have a small barbecue party.

“I remember when Jong Hwan used to cook barbecue for us,” grandmother, Na Ra, began. Although she was old, her features were very pretty. The way the light hit her face made that statement evident. “But he’s not here now,” she sighed. “I’m just glad we can use his grill again, thank you to these lovely boys.”

EXO-K let out shy and awkward laughs as they rubbed the nape of their neck. They were one, alright.

“It’s just a barbecue grill,” D.O hissed under his breath. His intention was for the words to be only heard by him, but it seemed that everyone else heard judging that they turned their heads to him.

“Pardon me, boy?” Na Ra asked, her eyebrows furrowed, revealing more of her wrinkles.

Eunmi, being D.O’s love, bit her lower lip and tried to cover for him.

“He said ‘What a grill!’” She laughed nervously, hoping that her grandmother, as well as the others, bought her lie. It was silent for a while before a chuckle escapes Na Ra’s lips.

“Yes, it is quite a barbecue grill, isn’t it?” She laughed.

Eunmi glared at D.O as if telling him ‘say something nice’. D.O rolled his eyes and ruffled his hair, turning to Na Ra.

“Yeah. Nice grill,” he said forcefully.

“The barbecues are ready!” Chanyeol announced, walking over to hand everyone their plate.

Suddenly, a ringing of a phone was heard and being teens, Eunmi and EXO-K, patted their pockets in search of their device.

“Not mine.” EXO-K chorused, which meant that it was Eunmi’s phone that had went off.

“It’s Sa Rang,” she mumbled, confusion painted on her face. “I think I have to take this.” She stood up from her log and went a few metres away, just enough distance for her conversation to be inaudible.

“What’s up?” Eunmi asked, phone held tight to her right ear.

Hey, um… I have some news…” The hesitation in Sa Rang’s voice only made Eunmi more curious.

“What is it?”

My mom’s clothing business just opened a store in California…

“That’s great! Congrats to aunt Mae!”

Yeah, but that’s the thing, Eunmi. We kind of have to, uh… Move there.

The abrupt information had frozen Eunmi for a few seconds. The thought of her best friend leaving permanently to settle in another country just wasn’t bearable. Sa Rang was the only person at school that Eunmi trusted, and now that she was moving away, Eunmi didn’t know what to think.

Eunmi, you still there?” Sa Rang asked.

“Y-Yeah, still here. So, you’re moving?”

Yep.

“When?”

Tomorrow actually. I was surprised too ‘cos I didn’t have enough time to process everything. I’m sorry, Eunmi-ah.

Though Eunmi felt upset, she let out a light laugh, but her facial expression showed otherwise. Since Sa Rang couldn’t even see her, it was no problem.

“It’s alright, why are you saying sorry for? We’ll just keep in touch, yeah?” She said, voice a bit shaky.

Of course! You’re, like, my bestest best friend forever!” Sa Rang tittered.

Eunmi couldn’t help but chuckle at this upsetting moment, her mood being lifted somehow.

“Well, goodbye, Sa Rang.” She sniffled. “I’ll miss you, okay?”

Yah! I’ll miss you more.

They both laughed at each other before they hung up. Eunmi was literally upset, and since no-one was at a distance where they could see her, she let the tears stream down her face. Sa Rang and Eunmi have known each other since they were five years of age, so of course her reaction would be like this.

When done crying, Eunmi walked back to re-join the others, but her eyes appeared a bit puffy.

“Eunmi-ah! Why are your eyes like that?!” Sehun yelled.

“Did you cry?!” Kai added.

“It’s okay, guys. I’m fine,” she lied.

Baekhyun stood up from his seat and gaited towards her. He lifted her head by the chin and examined her face, which meant intense staring. Freaking Bacon! Why you do this to me? Eunmi thought. Without notice, Baekhyun pulled her into his chest, engulfing her in his warm embrace. Eunmi’s eyes widened at the prompt action, her mind not knowing what to comprehend.

“What happened?” Baekhyun whispered against her ear, the sincerity heard in his voice.

Right then, Eunmi burst out crying, wrapping her arms around him while burying her face into his neck. D.O’s reaction was to stand up. He was shocked at the view, but having no clue what action to take next, he just sits back down.

 

“So now, Sa Rang, my best friend forever, is moving away,” Eunmi finished explaining, sniffing.

“Boys, you know what to do, right?” Suho turned to the rest of EXO-K, and as if he sent them a message telepathically, the other members nodded.

The two maknaes of the group, Kai and Sehun, got up from their seats and stood in front of Eunmi. Kai reached in his pocket for something, and later on, revealing his phone. Familiar music started playing and soon, the two boys began to dance. Eunmi tilted her head, clicking her fingers as she remembered the music. Run and gun.

After their Run and gun performance, Eunmi was able to smile again. Group one, complete.

Next was the happy virus of the group, Chanyeol. He grabbed the barbecue tong and pretended that it was a microphone. There was no music playing in the background as Chanyeol rapped a song called ‘Dang Dang Dang’. He walked around Eunmi, grabbing a strand of her hair and letting it go, making her giggle. Group two, complete.

Baekhyun walked in front of Eunmi, along with Suho, and both cleared their throats. Everyone knew that the two were going to sing and so, they shifted on their seats, anticipating for them. Moments later, Suho began to sing the first verse—Baekhyun singing the second one. They alternated their parts in the song until it came to an end. Eunmi clapped her hands as a grin formed on her face. Group three, complete.

It took a little while before everyone’s gazes were pinned on one person. D.O. He remained seated, scrolling through his phone without a bother. Suho clears his throat, making him look up at the leader.

“Sing,” Suho mouthed at him.

D.O looked at Suho, then at Eunmi, then back at Suho again. Annoyed, he let out a long defeated sigh as he made his way in front of Eunmi. She stared at him, waiting for him to do something… anything.

Alright, let’s get this over and done with. D.O thought. He pondered for a while before choosing a song that he thought was appropriate for his situation.

I lost my mind,

The moment I saw you.

Apart from you,

Everything gets in slow motion.

Tell me, if this is love.

Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you.

Fighting, crying and hugging.

Tell me, if this is love.

When D.O’s performance had concluded, EXO-K was just staring at him. Baekhyun, however, had his eyebrow raised in curiosity.

 

Eunmi’s Point of View

D.O was looking me right in the eye when he sang. It was as if, if the connection would break he would break too. The lyrics to the song felt so real due to our eye contact. But that’s crazy, right? He wouldn’t be singing those for me, I mean, come on. He hated my guts.

After he sang, I felt a bit awkward. I bit my lower lip and switched my gaze to the floor. I knew the song wasn’t meant for me, but I could feel my heart beating fast against my chest. It felt as if it was going to pop out any minute. I took a glance at D.O and he was staring at me, but he looked away quickly.

Everyone must have felt the awkward atmosphere because my mother cleared , followed by an awkward laughter.

“That was great, kids.” She told EXO-K. “Thank you for cheering my baby up.”

“No, problem, Mrs Jung,” Suho said, smiling.

“Well, I’m going to head in now,” she continued, then turning to my grandmother. “Let’s get you inside too, eomma.”

EXO-K all stood up and was about to head inside too, but they noticed that I was still seated.

“Aren’t you coming, Eunmi-ah?” Sehun asked me. I shook my head and just smiled, they then carried on.

I was left there, sitting beneath the stars.

 

I had been outside for a good seven minutes, just stargazing, when I heard the door slide open. I spun my head around to see who it was, but my expression became dull when I found out who.

“Oh, you’re still here.” D.O states, nonchalant.

“Uh-huh,” I shrugged.

He was about to go inside when I thanked him. D.O turned around to me, an eyebrow raised, obviously in confusion.

“What?” He asked.

“I said ‘Thanks’,” I repeated.

“For what?”

“For singing to me. I know you didn’t want to, but you still sang anyway. So thanks.”

Abruptly, he took a seat next to me and we both just sat there, looking at the stars. It felt nice, for once. He didn’t make any upsetting comments, and I was actually comfortable, until he brought the topic up.

“So, your father… He’s gone?” He asked, almost not caring what I felt.

“H-How did you know?” I stuttered. I had no idea how he found out when the only person I told was Baekhyun, and Sa Rang, of course.

D.O let out a nervous chuckle and I raised my eyebrow, waiting for an answer to leave his mouth. His big, luscious, mouth that I wanted to kiss. Wait, what? No! Ugh.

“I kind of overheard you and Baekhyun earlier today.” He answered firmly.

“Oh. Well yeah, it’s true.” I looked at the stars, taking in a deep breath and trying to contain the tears that were urging to be released. “Eomma said that before he left, they used to always stargaze together.”

 

Third person Point of View

D.O didn’t respond to Eunmi. Suddenly, she felt drowsy therefore causing her to yawn. She didn’t even realise that she was slowly leaning her head on his shoulders. He felt a tingling feeling where Eunmi’s head was rested and he was surprised that she just leaned on him like that.

Eunmi’s eyes shut close as she began to doze off into her slumber. D.O’s tense body soon turned soft as he smiled, watching her sleep. He liked the feeling that they were so close. He liked the feeling that they were alone.

“I think I know what I feel now,” he murmured, although she could not hear him.

D.O kissed the top of her head before caressing her cheek.

“I like you.”

 


 

Whew~ Haha. Thank you for reading <3

Please Vote if you liked this :) Comment too because I like reading what you guys think. Don't hold back :) Just let your thoughts sprawl out into the comment box. HAHA.

Anyway, what did you think? xD Thanks again for reading~~