Unfolding

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Eunmi's Point of View

There he was staring at us with those intimidating eyes, not budging, not even blinking. It felt as if a hole would be drilled in my head if he stared longer with those lasers he called eyes. I had no idea why his expression held anger, but then I remembered that day when we were at his office. The day when I met him for the first time. He knew my mother and he seemed vexed by the fact that I was her daughter. I could not believe the event slipped my mind.

My thoughts were disrupted by the contact of Kyungie's skin against mine. He s his hand down my arm and intertwined his fingers with my own, causing the expression on his father's face to grow stronger with exasperation. I looked up to the man who stood beside me and saw in his eyes that he wanted to prove a point to his father, although I was not aware of exactly what he was trying to prove.

"What are you doing?" I whispered to him.

"Don't know exactly, but there's something odd about my father. Something doesn't feel right. I thought it was the strange fact that he somehow knows your mother, but now I see that it's not just that," he replied.

"Then what else is it?" I asked.

"He seems disturbed by us being together. Just look at him."

With that answer, I switched my attention back to Mr Do, who was still intensely staring at us. Not only was it creepy, but it was also terrifying. Right then, he stared directly at me, directly into my eyes that I felt the hairs on my skin rise. I never knew that someone could be so frightful with only by the look of his eyes, and after a few moments of observation, Kyungie's statement was confirmed. The longer we held onto each other's hand, the angrier Mr Do appeared. He was disturbed by our togetherness.

But, why, though? Surely it was not because of the fact that he knew my mother, right?

-

The whole time at the restaurant felt more uncomfortable than fun, knowing that someone was staring intently at us all throughout. I just wondered how the other businessman was feeling with Mr Do not paying any attention to the matters that they were to supposedly discuss. Nonetheless, it was not an enjoyable two hours, not now, not ever! I was more than happy when uncle announced that we were leaving.

When we all got into the van, I just looked out the window with Mr Do bugging and itching my mind. He definitely knew something that I did not and by the looks of it, Kyungie was also oblivious by it. I hated the feeling of not knowing something that I knew was about me or people I was close with. There was a little voice in my head that kept tugging at me and saying that he was someone very important, that I should be more cautious now. Whatever was happening with him... it could be of my business.

"Hey," Kyungie cooed at my side. I turned my head to him and flashed a smile.

"You okay? You seem a little dazed there," he chuckled lightly.

"I'm fine. I ate too much earlier, it might just be food coma," I told him, returning the same light chuckle.

"If it's about my father, don't worry about him, alright? He's uptight when it comes to my relationships. Since I was young I already knew that I would be set up with a complete stranger for marriage. It probably bothers him that I chose you, after all, I'm such a rebel," he said, winking at me.

I laughed and pushed him playfully, hiding my worries behind his words. I hoped that what Kyungie said was right because I did not want anything to be more complicated than what it was, however complicated our situation was. I let his explanation soothe my mind and set the thought of Mr Do aside.

-

D.O's Point of View

After Hye Jin and my love were dropped off, Manager Hyung drove to our dorm as usual. During usual idol days, after a performance the boys and I would rest and then practice further, but today I was feeling to do something else. For example, pay my dear father a visit at his office. So, when everyone else was inside, I told Manager Hyung if he could drive me at my father's building and I was glad he did not ask why. I would have just been annoyed if he did.

Upon arriving, I stepped out the vehicle and looked up at the top floor with the hope that my father would open his mouth and reveal to me what he knew. He had to be keeping secrets, he always had something to hide.

I walked through the automatic glass entrance and towards the elevators, before pressing the up button. When the doors slid open, I stepped inside, pressed the button for the top floor and waited till I got there. I had a million questions running through my head, a million questions that I wanted to ask my father, but this time I only had one. One question that could explain nothing, or a whole lot of something.

The doors opened and I continued to make my way to his office, and when I got there, Jokwon stood from his seat upon seeing me. His face held confusion as he began to approach me.

"Kyungsoo-ssi, may I ask why you're here?"

"I need to see my father," I told him.

"I believe he is still out meeting with some clients," Jokwon replied, returning back to his work station.

I was about to leave, but something suddenly entered my mind. With hope in me, I reapproached Jokwon and stood over his desk, blocking the sunlight from hitting whatever it was he was writing on. He then slowly looked up at me with a straight face and one eyebrow raised.

"Anything else you need?" he asked me.

"You've been my dad's secretary for how long?"

"Eight years, why do you ask?" he answered.

"That's longer than anyone I've known. Most people only last couple of months. Say, how did you start here at the age of 15?"

Jokwon was silent and I took that as a sign to continue. "My father must trust you a lot."

"I-I believe so, who knows," he stuttered.

Gotcha, I thought. My father kept a lot of things hidden, but he was also never the type to keep it to himself. He at least had to tell one person, and whaddaya know, the person was sitting right in front of me. Jokwon must know enough to satisfy me at least.

"Tell me, Jokwon-ssi, why is my father against me and Eunmi being together?" I asked.

He stood up quickly with eyes widened, probably not even realising how obvious he looked. I noticed that he was starting to breathe heavier and sweat began to build up on his forehead. Yes, he totally knew something, maybe a lot! I slapped both my hands on his desk, before leaning closer to intimidate him.

"I know you know something, your face says so. Might as well just tell me now or never hear the end of my nagging, probably until you die," I said.

"I..."

"Yes?" I asked, intrigued and with anticipation.

"Follow me," he said, and then made his way inside my father's office. I followed him, of course, and before shutting the door shut, Jokwon made sure that no one was watching.

"Now, tell me," I quite demanded.

"Your father saw me selling newspapers on the street, that's how I started working for him at 15. At first I was confused why such a successful businessman would want anything to do with me, but he soon explained that his 'old' secretaries were slow and hardly got the job done, and he needed someone young, someone like me. I wondered why he didn't just accept applications from the young ones who wanted to enter his company, but I realised later on that he only not needed someone young, but someone who would have nothing to go back to if ever they were let go. That was me. I needed to be loyal and obedient so I could keep my job. If I don't, I don't even think they'll accept me to sell newspapers. I'm much older. 

After some months of being employed here, your father came into the office one night, half drunk. I was completing some papers back then and I remember Mr Do calling me to his office, saying that he needed something to say. So, as his loyal secretary, I sat there and listened to whatever he had to say. He was angry, then he was laughing, then at some point I think he was even crying. That was the night your mother passed away. He--"

"What does this have to do with my father being against Eunmi and I?" I interrupted him because, to be honest, I did not want to hear about my mother passing.

"You may not know, and I'm not completely sure because it was eight years ago, but I think it's because of Eunmi's mother that your mother died."

"Excuse me?" I asked him. "How is that even possible?"

"That's as far as my knowledge goes, Kyungsoo-ssi. The reason why your father opposes your relationship with Eunmi is because he cannot stand seeing his son be with the daughter of the woman who caused his wife to go forever. In fact, he was the one who sent Sanghyun to spy on the two of you. When he found out that your relationship with her was blossoming, he asked President Lee to begin your comeback... to separate you from her."

"He's the cause of all this?! Why didn't he just tell me everything in the first place?" I shouted. "All this time I hated my father for neglecting me, but he's been protecting me from the ugly truth since my mother died. My mother who died because of Eunmi's mother."

"Now you know," a deeper voice said, causing me and Jokwon to jump in shock.

We both turned our heads towards the door, only to discover my father standing there leaning against the doorframe. I did not even hear the door opening because I was too surprised by Jokwon's information. My father began making his way towards us and the weird thing was, I was not backing away with disgust like I used to.

"I'm sorry I did not tell you sooner, son. I was going to inform you myself when the right time comes, but I guess even I can't stop the truth from getting to you."

He then looked at Jokwon with an unfamiliar expression and then back to me. I was glad to know my father cared after all this time, but something inside me still felt uneasy. Whatever it was, I was sure it was not important. 

I just thought... how was I going to face Eunmi knowing all this?

 


 

Just wanna say that I love weyhey_harry's writing (on Wattpad) >///< She's so good. She writes 1D fan fictions, but you guys should check out her works because her books are just amazing!

Anyway... what are your thoughts? Mr Do was nice all this time? Or nah? Lemme know in the COMMENTS below, hehehe~ 

Hope you guys enjoyed this one :D Thank you for reading, come again! haha