Revelation and decision

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Third person Point of View

Sehun's one week off came to an end and he resumed to their tour, but not empty handed, of course. Since Eunmi had given the culprit's name to Jungkook, he felt proud that he found out who it was.

The other members welcomed him when he came to the hotel in which they were staying. Everyone was curious to find out who had given the media the tip about the hospital. Sehun, who, like an excited little boy telling his parents his adventure for the day, couldn't wait to expose the person. First he told them the whole story.

"So?" Luhan urged. "Who was it that told the media about D.O?"

Sehun looked at all eleven members, sighing as he pronounced her name. "It was Hye Jin."

D.O just stood there like he was frozen. The other members acted differently, however. Some were confused, some were wondering why and some just plainly didn't know her.

"Who's that again?" Lay asked, scratching his head with confusion painted on his face.

"That girl who helped us for a while. Remember? The one with Eunmi," Sehun explained.

"Oh, yeah. I remember now," Lay lightly smiled, making his dimple a bit prominent.

"I'd only met her at Eunmi's school. Why would she do that?" D.O finally spoke.

"Apparently she was the girl who tried getting close to you. She had plastic surgery before high school to impress you, hoping that maybe you'd notice her this time," Sehun shrugged.

D.O's mind then flashed back to the day he bumped onto her at the school when they went there.

As I was walking, I bumped onto Hye Jin.

"Sorry," I said. I was going to walk away, but she held onto my arm and turned me around.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"Why do you care?"

"Why not?"

Tsk. This girl was persistent.

"What do you want, Hye Jin?" I asked irritated.

"Ah, so he knows my name," she chuckled. "Does that ring any bells?"

"She's given me a hint before. How could I have not known?" D.O spoke softly looking at the ground. "I feel so stupid. Everything's been my fault."

"Don't say that," Baekhyun told him.

"But it's true!" D.O insisted. "In all honesty, ever since Eunmi and I met nothing has gone right for her. I should just cut all connections between us."

"Okay, now you're just being insane," Baekhyun added, and the other guys nodded in agreement.

"Nothing was going right so I... I..."

"You what, D.O?" Kris asked him, eyebrows raised in anticipation.

D.O sighed and looked at each one of s' face with a quite saddened expression. He ran his hand down his face and exhaled deeply.

"Nothing was going right so I anonymously tipped a couple of reporters about my visiting at the hospital."

"You what?!" the members chorused.

"You were the one who did it?!" Chanyeol asked in complete surprise.

"Why in the world would you do that?" Chen interrogated.

"Because I want her to hate me, okay? I'm going to cut all connections with her by making her hate me. She's already hurt enough. It's better this way. At least when we separate ways and never communicate again, she'll think of me as someone who she never wants to speak to or see again. I can't let anything happen to her again. I mean, she was already hit by a car!" D.O explained, his breathing becoming shallow just by thinking about it.

"You're really wrong in this, but it really wasn't your fault with that car hitting Eunmi," Xiumin told him.

"I lied when I told you guys and her about the driver calling me and the ambulance," D.O confessed.

"Seriously, D.O!" Baekhyun shouted, now irritated with his friend. "I don't know how long you've been lying or what about, but you better tell the truth now!"

"The driver didn't call me, but one of the students who saw her did," D.O began. "A witness actually saw the car hit Eunmi and then drove off! I was so angry when I found out, so I hired someone to investigate what happened. I shouldn't have been surprised when the investigator told me who the driver was."

"Who was it?" Kai softly asked on behalf of everyone there.

"It was a freaking psycho sasaeng fan! One of our sasaeng fans!" D.O huffed, his hands now balled into fists.

"She went to jail for it, right?" Tao asked.

"Of course, she did! I wasn't going to let a crazy person roam freely on the streets!"

"Seems like you've been through a lot just as Eunmi has," Kris commented, but D.O ignored it and sat down, burying his face in his hands.

"Not even close," D.O said, almost choking on the words like he was suppressing a cry. "I realised that I brought more harm than good to her. Every time she's with me she just can't get away from the media, the hate, the criticism, the sasaengs."

Baekhyun frowned and sat beside D.O, rubbing his back with the attempt to comfort him. Silence filled the place for a while and everyone was just trying to absorb what had been happening.

All this time the members thought that D.O was strong to handle all that occurred, but they didn't know that sometimes the strongest person can also be the weakest one.

Out of the blue, they could hear faint sobs and they looked around, exchanging glances, to see who it was. After a few moments, they all stared at D.O, his face still buried in his hands but droplets of tears were visible coming from him.

"Kyung, maybe you should be excused from the tour for a while," Baekhyun suggested, his voice almost in a whisper.

"No, no, I'll be fine," D.O breathed, wiping his tears and then looking up at s with a forced smile.

"D.O--"

"Really, guys, it's okay," he interrupted, trying to chuckle, but he was fooling no one. "I just need some rest. I'll be in my room," he continued and stood up, heading outside the door.

Sadness and empathy hovered the members as they stood there in utter silence. None knew what to say and so faint sighs were heard instead. At that moment they realised that love definitely wasn't easy and maybe not all ended in a happily ever after.


Can you hear that? It's my heart breaking a little bit.

Also, nope. Wasn't Hye Jin who revealed. It was D.O~ lol

Tell me how you guys are feeling about this right now c:

(Don't forget to Vote if you enjoyed this. Only if you want to.) x