Jung Bomi

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]
Eunmi's Point of View
The words flew around my head like butterflies. I couldn't really comprehend whether he was serious or if it was just in my imagination. However, after having slapped myself in front of him, I was made aware it was real and he did really ask me out. I didn't even know what to say or what to do. He was my first kiss, but that only happened because I was upset with D.O at that time and Baekhyun just happened to be there for me. Baekhyun was... always there for me. I realised it now. Whenever something would go wrong between D.O and I, it was always Baekhyun who would comfort me and told me that everything would be okay.
Maybe the reason why things always went down with D.O was because perhaps it was Baekhyun that was meant for me. If that made any sense at all.
I couldn't come up with an answer, though, because I was still kind of confused and I just didn't want to make any decisions I would regret. Baekhyun took my silence as a cue for him to carry on talking.
"It's okay if you don't answer me right now," he began. "I'll give you a week to consider and if you don't answer me by then... Well, I guess I would have to give up."
"Baek..."
"It's fine, you don't have to say anything," he smiled, even though I could tell it was forced. "But, I gotta go. I'll see you whenever."
After that, Baekhyun stood up and headed for the door, before closing it behind him when he exited. Everything went by so fast that my head almost got a whiplash. I lay back down on my bed again and faced the ceiling, thinking over the things that could happen if I said yes, or if I said no. Would it even be right to go out with Baekhyun? There wasn't any harm if I did, right?
Unfortunately, one week went by too quickly and I had to give Baek an answer. It was currently 6:28 in the morning and I had to make it fast because my sister was arriving in fifty minutes. I stared at my phone, reading his name over and over again in my contacts. Nervously, I pressed call next to his name and waited for it to ring. My heart was thumping against my chest so fast, that if it went any faster I was afraid I would have had a heart attack. Four rings later, Baekhyun picked up and I had to gulp down the lump in my throat.
"H-Hey," I stuttered.
"H-Hi," he greeted back, almost sounding as nervous as I was.
"Uh, about your question."
"Yes?"
"I, um..."
The words were trapped in my lungs. I didn't know how to say it, which was making me even more nervous.
"It's okay, take your time. Breathe in and breathe out," he said, but by the sound of it, it looked like he needed to breathe in and breathe out more than I did.
"Okay, here goes," I said. "Baek, you're a really nice guy and you've been there for me since the start, and I totally appreciate that."
"I think I know where this is headed," he commented, his voice sounding a bit disappointed.
"Do you? Then you know that I'm going to say yes?" I asked him, my tone sarcastic.
"Yeah, wait what?" he asked, surprised.
"You heard me," I chuckled.
"Wait, are you serious? You're not joking, right? Because that would just be cruel. Hang on, did you even say yes? Are you actually agreeing to going out with me? Or maybe that was just my brain teasing me. I--"
"Yes, Baek, I'm saying I'm going to go out with you," I clarified.
There was a pause from his side of the line, but I could hear he was laughing. I couldn't help but smile, too.
"Wow, that was... I wasn't expecting this," Baek chuckled.
"Well, expect the unexpected," I laughed. "But hey, listen, I gotta go cos mum and I are going to pick up my sister. Talk to you later, okay?"
"Do you want me to come with?"
"It's fine. If you come, paparazzi might come up with all sorts of conclusions," I replied.
"Right, right. Well, be safe. Catch up with you later," he said.
"Okay, bye."
"Bye-bye."
And... that was that. I was officially EXO's Byun Baekhyun's girlfriend. It was something to get used to, but knowing Baek, he would make me feel comfortable in no time. I hope I made the right decision, but then again, what was a right decision? Everyone made mistakes and people learn from those mistakes. I think in my case, D.O was my mistake and saying yes to Baek was me learning from the mistake.
-
As expected, the airport was filled with waiting reporters. The moment mum and I came out of the car, camera flashes hit our faces immediately and it felt like we were going to go blind. We had to push our way inside the airport and I was glad the security held them outside and didn't let them enter. It would just have been a havoc.
When we got to the arrival area, we waited until my sister came out, having with her two big suitcases. As soon as we saw each other, we ran like crazy and welcomed one another in a long and needed tight hug. I haven't seen her in three years and her visit was way overdue. She hugged mother next and it almost looked as if she wasn't going to be let go just yet.
"Hi, mum," Bomi chuckled.
"You haven't visited in so long," mum told her.
"I'm sorry, but hey, I'm here now."
Mother smiled and released Bomi from the embrace, and placed a stranded piece of her hair behind her ears. We didn't waste any more time and began making our way to the exit. The moment we stepped foot outside, cameras were going off from different angles again. Bomi was so surprised she almost tumbled back, but she kept her balance and her head down.
"You weren't joking when you said you were being followed by paparazzi," she whispered.
"Yeah," I laughed.
Thank goodness we parked the car near the entrance, so we didn't have to walk as far and endure the flashing lights for too long. The three of us hopping inside the car instantly and mum switched on the engine, before we started to drive off. The duration from the airport to our house was forty five minutes tops, so we indulged ourselves in a catch up conversation. Instead of talking about what happened to my sister in America, she was more intrigued in finding out how in the world I got to where I was now. Forty minutes was a long drive, so I had just about enough time to tell her everything and every single detail, from when I first saw D.O and Baek at the sandwich shop to earlier when I answered Baek.
"Your life has been way more interesting than mine," Bomi said, as we were walking up the door to our house.
"I told you to stay in your ELF fandom. Who knows, you could have been Sungmin's wife," I joked.
"Yeah, such a bummer," she laughed.
"But in all seriousness, I don't like getting this new attention," I told her, placing the key in the knob and then turning to open it.
"I can just imagine. I mean, there's no privacy now whatsoever," she said, carrying one suitcase to her room while I followed her.
"Yep," I concurred.
"Anyway, you and Baekhyun. Wow," she said, sitting on the edge of the bed, and I sat next to her.
"I know," I smiled.
"Hope it doesn't go downhill for you guys, not like your relationship with your Kyungie-- I mean, D.O," Bomi stated.
"Yeah, I hope so, too."
"But, it's weird, though. What did you say D.O's real name was?"
"Do Kyungsoo, why?"
"Do Kyungsoo. Hmm. I don't know, it just sounds oddly familiar," she replied, eyebrows furrowed.
"He is an idol, after all. Duh," I chuckled.
"You're probably right," she smiled.
We spent the rest of the day talking about her since we were on the topic of me the moment Bomi arrived. It was nice seeing her again after such a long time. It was like the people I needed were coming to my life and my heart was nearly fixed.

But you gotta admin, BaekMi's cute when they're together, right? Lol I duno
And omg yay for 40 chapters~ We've come a long way my friends :)
To think that this fanfic started in 2013 and only on Chapter 40, it makes me think... I definitely do not update enough, hahaha.
But anyway, Comment what you guys think below and Vote to celebrate 40 Chaps whooo~~
See you all in the next chapter ;3 xx