Move out

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Eunmi walks towards the two without any hesitation, not minding the fact that all eyes are fixated on her, judging her every move.

“H-hi,” she manages to croak.

“Tsk. I’ll head out first,” D.O says to Baekhyun as he stands up to leave.

Eunmi watches as her ‘one true love’ walks right past her, his shoulders bumping onto hers as he did so and his eyes glaring at her. Baekhyun shakes his head and stands up as well. He looks at Eunmi who is standing there speechless and fiddling with her thumbs.

“Should we head out?” He asks her. Eunmi slowly switches her gaze from the seat where D.O sat to Baekhyun and nods. The both of them head out the sandwich shop and the whispering of curses can be heard in the background. Who is she? What’s her connection with oppa? They hiss. In the meanwhile, Baekhyun and Eunmi take a stroll to the SM building.

“I’m sorry,” Eunmi says, then biting on her lower lip.

Baekhyun looks at her and chuckles, then ruffling her long, black, straight hair. “Sorry for what?”

Eunmi does not know what to say. Yes, D.O is her one true love but at some times Baekhyun replaces him in that spot and him ruffling her hair has got her fallen head over heels. She is screaming inside, fan-girling, that is more like it. But she gulps as she composes herself.

“I’m sorry because I pissed off D.O-oppa,” she replies shyly.

“You didn’t,” Baekhyun coos, smiling sincerely. “He’s just… tired, that’s all.” Eunmi, however, is feeling something deep inside that is preventing her from believing him. Tired? But they’re always tired, so is he always like that? Logic. Eunmi sighs and realises that the path she is taking does not lead to her house.

“Oh! I have to head home that way,” she informs him. They both stop walking and Baekhyun turns to face her.

“Alright, I hope to see you again…” He pauses realising that he does not even know her name. Eunmi must have picked up the reason of why he paused and she tells him her name.

“Eunmi.”

“Right. I hope to see you again, Eunmi,” Baekhyun rephrases. Eunmi spins around the other direction and waves at him, bidding him a goodbye.

-

He enters the practice room, feeling a little bit cooled down.

“Hyung! Did you bring us back any food?” Sehun says, bobbing his head from side to side to check if D.O is hiding any food behind his back.

“No,” D.O answers, his voice monotonous. He walks past Sehun, brushing his shoulders against his and sits down in front of the big mirror. Suddenly, his phone vibrates and rings in his pocket before he reaches inside to take it out.

“Hello?” He answers.

D.O-ya, we need to talk.”

“Eomma? Why? What’s wrong?” He asks, curiosity obvious in his voice.

Just go somewhere private, I can tell you over the phone.” D.O then stands up and head out the practice room, as he opens the door, Baekhyun walks in smiling at him. But D.O does not have time to smile back, his mother sounds urgent. D.O gaits inside the men’s bathroom, checking the cubicles for any presence, and when he finds that there is no one there but him, he leans on the black, marble sink.

“Okay, what is it?” He asks her.

D.O. we’re… broke.”

“MWO?!” He shouts, standing straight back up. His eyes are as round as an owl’s, his forehead creased and his mouth dropping. “But how did this happen? What about the money I’ve been earning and giving to you?”

His mother sighs from the other side of the line. “Your father, he… he spent the money on gambling.”

D.O’s eyes start to well up with tears, not because he is sad but because he is frustrated. He is frustrated that his father would do something so selfish like that and not even bothering to think of how it affects him, but mostly how it affects his mother.

He inhales deeply then exhaling. “What are you going to do?”

I am staying at your aunt’s place for the meantime but as for you, you will have to stay at one of my friend’s house that is near there—”

“But I’m an idol! I live at the dorm with the other members,” D.O interrupts.

Yes, but you also do not know that we pay partly the cost to the company so that you can live at the dorm. Not many people know that but we pay as well, Baekhyun’s family’s doing this, Kai’s family and the others. Do you understand?

D.O shakes his head; he is still trying to comprehend every information that is being thrown at him. When he finally thinks he understands, he replies, “Yeah, I understand.”

Good. I’ve told your manager and I believe tomorrow is the day you’ll be moving, if I’m not mistaken.”

-

“Hyung! Hyung! Where are you going?” Sehun asks. D.O ignores him and carries his luggage out the back entrance of SM building. If this gets out into the public, Exo-K’s image will be ruined.

 

They drive for ten minutes to the house that D.O’s mother has mentioned, and she wasn’t kidding, the house really was near. The manager hop out the car and so does D.O, they stand in front of a house that is a little bit smaller than the average house seen on the streets.

“Do we have the right address?” D.O scrunches his face.

“I believe so,” the manager replies. “Now, go in before somebody sees you.” D.O sighs and forces himself to walk to the front door, his legs are not cooperating at the prior moment, perhaps they do not like the idea of moving too.

He knocks on the door and seconds later the sound of the locks unlocking from the other side of the door is heard. When the door is opened, his eyes widen in horror. So are Eunmi’s eyes.

“YOU!”

“WHAT?!”

 

They shout in unison.

 


 

Sorry for the late update, but I hope you like this chapter ^_^ Please do leave a comment of what you think, they will be much appreciated. Or vote and subscribe. Anyway, thanks for reading~