Way back

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Hye Jin's Point of View

I wanted to believe that there was nothing happening between D.O and Eunmi, but I knew I would just be lying to myself. I could see the truth clear as a crystal and I wanted Eunmi to be as far away as possible from D.O, but I knew I could not; at least not yet. I had to get closer to D.O somehow, just like I used to back then and this time I was going to make sure I succeeded. If I failed this time around, I doubted a third chance was going to be on the table.

So, here I was with my stolen backstage pass from the lanky girl I had encountered with earlier in the ladies' room, walking about the dressing rooms and wandering to find where EXO was. I was searching through hallways, which felt like forever, before I finally arrived to the right room. The door was wide open, but everyone inside were so busy that they did not notice my existence.

It was a beautiful chaos. Watching the boys, the managers and the coordinators run around inside was a sight to be seen, for me, that was. It could have only meant one thing: they were late. I did not know why but I liked observing catastrophe, maybe it was because of the fact that it made me feel so much better about myself and my life. There was nothing wrong with that.

As I continued to stand there, something irksome caught my eye; Eunmi. Just the sight of her alone irritated the life out of me and now, watching her in the same room with EXO, with D.O, really only added fire to my already burning hatred of her. She was assiting some members and when she went to help D.O, I just felt like exploding.

That b**ch needs to go, I thought and balled my hands into tight fists.

It took about eighteen minutes for the group to get ready and when they came out, I was already on their trail, watching every contact D.O and Eunmi made with each other. There were some nudges here and there, and some small talk, but I could not really do anything about it since the other members and staff were around them.

Right before EXO went on stage, D.O approached Eunmi and held his palms in front of her, holding a smile on his face. She stood there confused and asked him what he was doing, and he replied,

"Slap them for good luck."

I almost did not want to believe my ears when he said those words because at that moment, past memories flooded my mind and it did not seem to go away. It were those that scared me the most because one could not run away from memories, they were just there like permanent tattoos.

-

The bell rang and everyone groaned with the thought of P.E being our next class. I feared P.E because it meant that the people in my class did not need to find any excuse to bully me. In P.E, nothing was on purpose, just accidents. But, I was glad that it was not only me who felt this way.

There was Do Kyungsoo.

We were both the weaklings in the class, the underdogs, the pushovers, the nobodys. The other kids bullied him more than me, though, because Kyungsoo was the one who always believed that he could do something much greater and they teased and bullied him about it. He was smaller than I was, but we both felt small nonetheless.

In our class, we only really had each other, but I did not think Kyungsoo felt that way. To him, he was always alone, like there was no one else in the world but him. I would make friends with him, trying to get closer, but every time I did, he would just push me away. For someone who was bullied, he sure had guts to ignore those who wanted to be friends.

As we made our way to P.E class, Kyungsoo had quickly snuck away and, of course, I followed him. At first I was confused on where he was going because he made four right turns, but I figured that he only did that to make sure nobody was following him. I was very careful not to get caught, though.

I had followed him all the way to the nurse's clinic and saw him go inside. It was odd , I thought, because he was not injured nor hurt, so why was he there? I silently tiptoed to the door and leaned in as carefully as I could, peeking through the ajared door. Kyungsoo was sitting on one of the beds and the nurse sat in front of him on a chair.

"Are you hurt again, Kyungsoo-ah?" the nurse asked him.

She held his chin and examined his face for any injury and when she found none, went onto examine his arms, but still there were none. I then saw how he reacted at her slight touch, like he was shy. I knew at that moment that he liked the nurse. She was young, probably in her early twenties, she was pretty and slim and nice. It was obvious why he was attracted to her.

"I-I'm not hurt anywhere," Kyungsoo told her.

"Oh? Then may I ask why you're here?"

"It's Friday today, which means we'll be playing dodgeball again. I'm sure I'll be here after P.E, but can you do something for me?" he asked the nurse.

"Sure, anything," she answered, and with that response Kyungsoo held his palms in front of her. The nurse stared at them in confusion, only prompting Kyungsoo to explain.

"It might not work, but can you slap my palms for good luck?"

"Pardon?"

"Slap them for good luck," he said, shyly this time.

The nurse smiled and looked at Kyungsoo, before slapping both his palms. I saw the smile that plastered on his face when she did it and as if energised, he stood up quickly and began to make his way for the door. In a short time, I had to think of where to hide, but it was too late because the door had opened wide and Kyungsoo was there staring at me.

"Uh, hi," I said.

"You're going to be late if you don't hurry up," he told me, before running to class.

He did not even say hi back. I was mad at both him and myself. Mad at him because even after being bullied, he still had the courage to ignore me and mad at myself because I did not try hard enough to get close to him, close enough to tell him how I felt.

After that day, I began to hate the nurse, whose name I found to be Bomi. Every time Kyungsoo got hurt, I hated the thought of him going to her for help. I could imagine him staring at her while she wrapped bandage around his wound or walk over to the cabinet to fetch him some medicine. I hated everything even more and I hated her most of all!

When nurse Bomi went away, soon after Kyungsoo did, too. I did not hear any news of him for some time until it was near the end of middle school that I discovered he was a trainee under SM Entertainment and was soon going to debut. I knew I had to change myself because if I really wanted to be compatible with Kyungsoo, I had to look good enough to be with an idol. So, I begged my parents just before high school started for myself to go through plastic surgery. I was more than happy when they agreed.

Throughout junior high, I followed Kyungsoo and s around wherever they went. I knew everything about him until one day, he disappeared from their dorm and I no longer knew where he lived. Days later, whether it was a gift from the gods or not, he was at my school along with s, finding out the news that they were going to stay for a while. I told myself that this time, he was going to be mine.


-

"Hye Jin?"

The voice broke me out of my tragic reminiscence and as my eyes focused on the face of the person, my brain began to process on who it was, only to find that it was the person whom I hated the most: Eunmi. I did not know myself on why I hated her, I just did. There was something about her that I loathed so much and I just felt like making her miserable all the time.

She was looking at me with those big, smug eyes of hers and it just annoyed me so much. How could someone so innocent-looking be so evil as to have the capability of stealing D.O from me? How was she doing it?

"Why are you here?" she asked me.

"Ugh."

Just hearing her voice made me want to hit her, but instead I just walked away like a lady because I was obviously not going to hit her where everyone could see me. I was on my way out when I remembered why I was there in the first place; to get closer to D.O. So, as much as I hated it, I went back and took a really long sigh, before going to Eunmi.

"Sorry, I was a bit rude there, wasn't I?" I asked her, and she just stared at me like a brick wall just talked to her.

"Look, I know you think we're these enemies type, but I don't see you that way, you know," I said.

"What?"

"I admit I have issues, but this is just who I am. It's my way of hiding my depression," I replied.

"It is?" she asked.

"Yeah, and the reason I'm really here is because I wanted to ask if I could be like you! You know, helping out the idols here and there. I'm sure you guys can use an extra hand, right?"

"I don't know, it's not really up to me," she hesistantly said.

"Can you at least ask?" I asked, pretending to beg.

"Alright, fine."

Eunmi then went to the manager and I saw that they began talking. Couple of minutes later, the manager looked my way and he gave me a smile along with a nod. I could not help but smirk in victory as my plan was officially in progress. But, this was not the best part because the best part was yet to come and that was to get rid of Eunmi.

How else was I supposed to get D.O if she was still around, right?

 


 

It's 4:12am but I had to update because I know I'm going to forget all this when I wake up, HAHA. Here's some background of Hye Jin before I doze off (zZZ)~

So, who plays Eunmi as you read this story? An idol? The girl on the cover? or You? huehue

COMMENT what you think of this chapter and VOTE if you liked it :) Thank you for reading <33