Bonus: Wedding Bells

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Eunmi's Point of View

Nearly eight years ago I was only an admirer of my favourite band. Never in my life did I think I would meet them, let alone get married to one member. Odd to think that so much has happened; the ups and the many downs, yet here I was now standing nervously in front of a mirror, staring at my wedding dress. It felt like it was just yesterday when I first met him, but we have come such a long way since then.

After two hours of detention, Eunmi finally leaves school for the day. Stupid Boring Kim! She curses. She feels quite famished and so leading her to go to one of the sandwich shops three blocks from her school. When she enters, her eyes immediately fixated on the table at the far end of the shop. She couldn't believe her eyes and her jaw dropped making form a perfect 'O' shape.

Am I dreaming? Am I in heaven yet? She thinks.

"Kyungie!" Eunmi squeals. Baekhyun and D.O's attention switches to her, as of everyone else, and Baekhyun gives a gentle smile but as for D.O...

"Another one?! Aish!"

Eunmi walks towards the two without any hesitation, not minding the fact that all eyes are fixated on her, judging her every move.

"H-hi," she manages to croak.

"Tsk. I'll head out first," D.O says to Baekhyun as he stands up to leave.

A smile crept past my lips as the memory flooded my mind. He was cold towards me since that day, even mean, yet now he could barely leave me alone for one second. It was hard to imagine that the Kyungsoo I knew now would have been the D.O back then; the D.O who was ignorant and mean and didn't care about anyone but himself. It was difficult to think that I would be getting married to that person when once he had said some things that were awful to me, like the first couple of days of him staying at my and mother's house.

"Kyungie's inanimate, he's not going to answer."

Eunmi gets startled to find D.O leaning on her door frame with a smirk plastered on his face.

"W-what are you doing here?" She asks, her face blushing a tomato red. Did he hear all that stuff? She asks herself.

"Well, I have to go past your bedroom in order to go to the bathroom. Tsk, you don't even have separate bathroom in your rooms. Anyway, your door was open so I heard you," he tells her.

Eunmi just stares at the floor with eyes widened and jaw dropped. She feels so embarrassed; embarrassed enough to kill her.

"That was just... I actually... I didn't—"

"Save your explanation for someone who cares," he interrupts her, then carries on with what he was supposed to do in the first place.

Or that time when I accidentally entered the bathroom while he was in there.

A minute has passed and she feels no contact from him. She flutters eyes open to find a smirk plastered on D.O's face as he watches her. He thinks it's funny, you see, making fun of her.

"Did you really think I would kiss you?" He asks, taking steps back. "Even if we were the last ones on earth, these lips of mine would have to kiss an elephant's first before touching yours." And with that, he leaves her, walking outside the bathroom.

I shook my head and chuckled at the memory. Letting out a heavy sigh, I straightened out my dress and fixed my hair, and then moving to sit onto one of the cushioned benches to wait until I was called to walk up the aisle. I still couldn't believe it. I was just that weird fangirl in class. Who would have thought I would be getting married to the Do Kyungsoo from EXO?

D.O looked at Suho, then at Eunmi, then back at Suho again. Annoyed, he let out a long defeated sigh as he made his way in front of Eunmi. She stared at him, waiting for him to do something... anything.

Alright, let's get this over and done with. D.O thought. He pondered for a while before choosing a song that he thought was appropriate for his situation.

"I lost my mind,

The moment I saw you.

Apart from you,

Everything gets in slow motion.

Tell me, if this is love.

Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you.

Fighting, crying and hugging.

Tell me, if this is love."

When D.O's performance had concluded, EXO-K was just staring at him. Baekhyun, however, had his eyebrow raised in curiosity.

That was the first time he sang to me. Although I could tell that he was forced, it meant a lot to me. The way the words flowed from his lips and kind of just floated around my head soothed what I was feeling back then. It was comforting.

A knocking sound was then heard from the door and as I turned my attention to its direction, Sandy's head peaked inside with a smile on her face.

"Are you ready?" she asked, fully opening the door now and entering the room.

I stood up and heaved a nervous sigh as I muttered, "Little nervous, but definitely ready."

"Why? You should be jumping with joy," she said to me.

"I know, but I feel like with me, something's bound to go wrong," I replied honestly.

"Don't say that," she said, playfully hitting my arm. "Anyway, there's someone here to see you."

"Who is it?" I asked Sandy, but the answer I needed was soon given to me as Sa Rang walked into the room. My eyes widened and I had practically tackled her in a hug.

"Glad to know I'm still welcome," Sa Rang joked, hugging me back.

"Oh my god, when did you get here?!" I shouted excitedly.

"Just last night," she smiled. "I wouldn't miss your wedding for the world. You've basically been drooling over D.O since forever."

"I'm really happy you could make it," I told her, still a wide smile on my face.

"Me too," she said. "I can't believe you're getting married. How do you feel?"

"Better, now that my best friend's here," I replied.

"Oh, you flatter me," she chuckled. "But hey, I'll see you real soon, okay? I'll let you get married first."

"Okay," I chuckled, too.

"We'll see you outside," Sandy said, and both her and Sa Rang exited.

I let out one long breath before grabbing my bouquet of white roses. Just as I was about to open the door, someone came in and I found that it was my mother. Her eyes were teary as she looked at me, her little girl. No words were needed to be exchanged as we just took each other in an embrace.

"I can't believe my baby girl's all grown up and getting married," she sniffed.

"Yah, eomma, don't cry or else I'll cry, too," I told her.

"Arasseo, arasseo," she said, and then pulled away to fan her watery eyes. "Let's go?"

I nodded eagerly and linked my arm with hers. I had always dreamt my father would come back to us, but after knowing the truth, I was glad I didn't have a father. I couldn't have been more happy than to walk down the aisle escorted by my life mentor and hero: my mother. As we walked through the hallway, my heart began to race faster and faster.

I arrived home and was about to push the gates open, when an arm prevented me from doing so.

I turned around only to find D.O standing there.

"Oh, you. I forgot you lived here," I blankly said.

D.O then took a step closer, placing his hands on either side of me so that I would be trapped in between them. He then leaned his face close to my right ear.

"W-What are you doing?" I gulped.

"Jung Eunmi," he whispered. "I like you."

-

Looking at Eunmi's scared expression, D.O pursed his lips as he thought of something very quickly before Hye Jin could approach them. Then, he had a light bulb. Immediately, D.O took Eunmi's hand in his as he began to run. Eunmi was shocked but, she was soon able to adjust to the speed that they were in now.

"Yah!" They heard Hye Jin yell.

Running, they could still hear the persistent shouting of Hye Jin behind them. D.O grew annoyed because, after all, he was not superhuman and he was also beginning to tire. Plus, Eunmi's shorter legs were a disadvantage. D.O halted suddenly and bent in front of Eunmi, his back facing her.

"Get on! Hurry!" He ordered, and without hesitation, Eunmi got on his back due to the state they were in.

His hands clutched around her legs to secure her safety and she wrapped her arms around his neck to that she would not fall off. D.O started to run but, this time their speed was faster.

"What a fun day we were having," D.O teasingly laughed.

"Aish~ Shut up and just run, eh?" She whined, taking a glance behind to find that Hye Jin was still there.

-

Eunmi stood close behind Sanghyun, in case there was an attack, and only peeked with her head from his shoulder. Slowly, Sanghyun reached out his hands towards the plant and separated it so that he could see what was behind. When Eunmi saw, she could not believe it.

"D.O?! Baekhyun?!" she yelled.

"Uh, hi," Baekhyun laughed nervously.

"What the hell are you guys doing there?!" she yelled again.

"Um..." Baekhyun pondered, and then turning to D.O. "What are we doing here, Kyung?"

"We're, uh," D.O began. "We were... looking for, uh, this cat."

"A cat? All the way here where it so happens where Sanghyun and I are talking?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. She knew by this time that they had followed her, it was like anything was possible with those two.

-

"I'm just going to come out and say it," he began. "Eunmi, I miss you, okay? I really, really do."

Without breaking eye contact, he stared into her eyes and then at her lips. Eunmi wanted to avoid his gaze and to step backwards to distance herself, but her body was not cooperating with her and instead she stood still on her spot.

When their faces were only centimetres apart from each other, D.O tilted his head to the side and closed his eyes. Eunmi knew what was coming and so she did the same, except she had shut her eyes tighter than he had. He was coming closer and closer, but...

"Okay, let's go."

-

A giggle escaped my lips as the memory flashed to mind. It seemed silly now, that situation. Come to think of it, it was as if we always got interrupted whenever Kyungsoo and I were close to kissing.

It was a small thing probably for anyone, but being able to now call him Kyungie made Eunmi so happy that she jumped up and hugged him. D.O was taken by surprise, but he felt happy that she was happy. When they pulled away, D.O stared into her eyes and Eunmi stared into his. Without even realising, they leaned closer to one another and hearts beat faster and butterflies went wild in stomachs.

"You guys, lunch is ready!" Soo Yeon called from the kitchen. Instantly, Eunmi and D.O leaned away, feeling kind of shy and awkward, not able to make eye contact.

I looked at my mother who was oblivious that she had prevented me and Kyungsoo from kissing before. I laughed lightly and immediately she turned to look at me.

"What is it?" she smiled.

"Nothing. I just thought of something funny," I told her as we continued to walk.

"Hey, uh... Jungkook visited me," Eunmi hesitated.

"What?!" D.O yelled, grabbing the attention of the members, before he cleared his throat and turned to Eunmi to face her clearly. "Why?"

"He wants to be friends, I guess," she shrugged her shoulders.

"Well, as long as being friends is only what he wants from you, that's fine."

"And who are you to me exactly?" Eunmi laughed.

"Your boyfriend," D.O replied unexpectedly.

The playful smile on Eunmi's lips disappeared as she looked at him in surprise. Her heart began to beat fast and a ringing sound started to dominate her hearing. She could see his mouth moving but no words were coming out. Boyfriend. He would be her first if she heard him correctly.

Mother and I finally got to the entrance. I could see Kyungsoo by the alter, a similar nervous yet happy expression like mine was on his face. I plastered him a smile from where I stood and he sighed in relief, flashing the same smile gesture at me. As soon as the 'here comes the bride' song played on the piano, the guests all stood up and me and mother began to walk towards the alter. I was getting married. Me. Jung Eunmi.

Slowly, as D.O still cupped her cheeks, he began leaning closer, making the distance between their faces shorter and shorter. Eunmi knew what was coming, but she stayed despite the fact that her conscience was tugging at her brain, saying she shouldn't because of Baekhyun. She held tightly on her bag and shut her eyes closed. D.O closed his eyes, too.

Eunmi then felt the softness of his plumped lips press against her own ones. The way his lips filled the gap between hers felt perfect, it felt magical. They moved so in sync in motion that both felt they were really meant to be. Butterflies emerged in her stomach and goosebumps ran down her back, causing the hairs on her skin to rise.

-

"How are you feeling?" Kyungie asked through the phone.

"Nervous... and excited. Excited and nervous," I replied, trying to calm my breathing. "I really do wish you would come."

"I know, jagi, I know," he sighed sympathetically. "But you know why I can't, right? I don't want the media bombarding you again."

"Yeah, I know," I said. As much as I wanted him with me, to hold me and tell me the ceremony was going to be okay, I understood the reason why he chose not to attend. We just got off the hook from the media and the focus was actually on someone else besides us, and it felt nice. I couldn't even remember the time when my face wouldn't be anywhere because I had been on television so much.

The moment we reached the alter and Kyungie was a mere metre from me, my mother began to cry, but she knew she had to hand me over to my very-soon-to-be husband. I hugged her before she went to her seat, and Kyungie finally held my hand, guiding me as a wide smile that reached from ear to ear painted his face.

"I love you," he whispered to me.

"I love you, too," I whispered back.

The ceremony began and my nervousness decreased throughout. When we were saying our vows, I could see every EXO and BTS members' faces, Sandy, Sa Rang, my mother, Bomi, Jokwon, Mr Do, even Sanghyun and Hye Jin. Everyone we knew and everyone we grew to love were at the wedding, and I didn't think anything could make me happier than this day. It was the most perfect day, and I couldn't have been more glad to spend it with the most perfect person beside me.

After our vows and finally saying the words "I do", the priest had to say a few words before announcing to Kyungie, "You may now kiss the bride."

He took no hesitation and dipped his head to mine, engulfing my lips with his very own. His hands cupped my cheeks as mine rested on his chest. After a few seconds we pulled away and the guests started to cheer for us.

Kyungsoo held my hand in his and pecked a soft kiss on my temple, leading the way as we began to exit the venue. I came to realise that this was not the end of our happy lives, but the beginning of many more amazing memories to come. Only this time I wasn't Jung Eunmi anymore... I was Do Eunmi.


I hope this bonus chapter was okay! Now it really is the end of the story.

Thank you guys again for supporting this. I wouldn't have carried on without your kind words and comments :)

I will surely continue writing! Keep a look out on my IG (@.wannabeauthorr). I may or may not be starting a new story at the end of this year or beginning of next year ;) We'll see

Love you guys lots! xx