Golden Maknae

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Eunmi's Point of View

It happened again! 

We almost kissed again!

In what world does that happen between a fan and an idol?!

Yesterday afternoon was probably, no, definitely the craziest and scariest day of my life so far. Like, I almost got by a person who I thought was my friend, Kyungie has let me call him Kyungie and for the second time, we almost kissed again! But, all jokes aside, I think I was more scared yesterday. Sanghyun got really aggressive and was terrifying that what happened might have traumatised me for life because at that moment when Kyungie's lips were nearing mine, I was more of frightened than fan-girling. Yeah, thanks a lot, you stupid Sanghyun!

Anyway, I tried not to think of the occurrences of yesterday since there was really no point in living in the past. Past is past. What happened has happened. No changing those.

I sat up on the bed and stretched my arms above me, groaning in satisfaction, before plopping them down in front of me. As I turned my head to look at the clock that was on my bedside table, my eyes widened upon seeing in big flashing lights the numbers 7:14AM. Oh, no! So not good. My school started at 7:30 and I was going to be late! I quickly ran to the bathroom and did the fastest washing up ever, and then to my wardrobe where I hung my uniform and got changed into it. After putting on my shoes and grabbing my bag, I bolted to the school.

Glancing at my wrist watch, the time showed 7:29am. Come on, Eunmi, you can do it! There was the school in my sight, I was almost there. Just a little bit more and I would not have to face that Mr. 'Boring' Kim and his stupid lectures about tardiness. I tried to run a little bit faster and when I made it, I proudly smiled to myself and looked down on my watch,

"Back to our arriving-late habit again, I see, Miss Jung," Mr Kim said, tapping his wrist watch with his stick. "7:31am. Too bad you could not have run faster."

Like you can do any better, I thought.

"Detention after school, little missy. You know where the room is," he told me, a very obvious smirk on his face. I prevented myself from saying any remark even though I really wanted to because I knew he would have given me another detention tomorrow. Instead, I put on a fake upset face and walked to the building.

-

Hearing the quietness while going to class has become quite unusual since EXO-K stopped attending our school. No screaming fan-girls pushing my way as I entered, none of that anymore. To be honest, I got used to that happening that it came to the point where I did not mind being pushed. Now, I could go to class properly and it felt strange. Weird, right?

When I entered the room, everyone turned their eyes on me as if I have committed some sort of crime. Seriously, I swear this happens to every late person who enters their classrooms late. Like, take a chill pill, classmates.

"I came late, not commit a murder," I commented, purposely sighing out loud. I would not usually say things like these out loud, but my level of good mood has gone down and I was not in the right mindset to be nice as of the moment.

"Just take your seat, Eunmi," Mrs Lee said, and I gladly obeyed because just what I wanted to do; sit.

-

Everything was better half way through the day, but then my mood was once again not-so-good when I had to go to detention. I did not even know why this was a big deal, it was not like it was my first detention, anyway. Moving on, I sat with the other delinquents, as some teachers would like to call those in detention, and did absolutely nothing. When in detention, we were supposed to reflect on the wrong that we have done, meaning we only had to think and think and think.

Suddenly, my phone rang and my first reaction was to look at Mr Kim... he was glaring at me. I took the ringing device just to check who was calling me, but Mr Kim was too quick and he snatched the phone from my hand.

"You know the rules, Miss Jung," he told me, then looking at the phone screen. "Take note, it's Kookie Monster who's calling you. Maybe you'd like to explain to him later why you're not taking his call now." He then let out a victorious chortle after that. 

But, wait! Kookie Monster did he say? It was Jungkook who was calling me, and not just any other Jungkook! The Jungkook, Golden Maknae Jungkook, Bangtan Boys' Jungkook! What if he would think I was ignoring him? What if he would not talk to me later on? What if... what if... what if! I took a glance at the wall clock and there was twenty minutes left. Twenty minutes, that was not long.

I tapped the desk in front of me the whole twenty minutes and just stared at the clock. Time seemed to be extra slow and it began to really frustrate me. Finally, just before I was about to lose grip of sanity, Mr Kim told us detention was over and what not to do next time; things I could not care less about. I ran straight to his desk in front and quickly grabbed my phone, immediately dialling back Jungkook.

It rang...

...and rang...

...and rang...

...until, "Sorry, the number you are trying to reach is unavailable. Please try again later."

Oh, man.

I felt disappointed, but what else could I do? He probably thought I was nuts to reject a call from an idol and crazy after he sees that I tried to call him back after rejecting him. So, feeling gloomy, I started walking home, kicking the pebble that was in front of me. Suddenly, I felt a tap on my back and, feeling startled, I did what I always did when I felt like that: hit the person. When I saw who it was, fear slowly built inside me. It was a person wearing black skinny jeans and a dark grey jacket. The hood was pulled over their head, making them look really suspicious and scary, and black sunglasses covered their eyes.

"W-What do y-you want?" I asked, stuttering.

"It's me," they whispered, and I squinted my eyes to take a better look at the person. The person searched our surrounding as if checking if people were there, and then turning back to me, before lowering their sunglasses.

"Jungkook?!" I shouted in a whisper.

"Heh, hi there," he chuckled.

"What are you doing here? More so, how do you even know to find me here?"

"I told a couple of people to follow you home yesterday," he said, then cringing his face. "Okay, that sounded less creepy in my head."

"But I'm only on my way to my house," I told him, an eyebrow raised.

"Well, I was going to drive to your house, but then I saw you walking so here I am," he replied, smiling.

"Um... let's go then, I guess?"

-

What do I even do? What should I do? How do you even entertain an idol? I feel so insecure, like is my house too small for him? Or does he want anything? Wait... drinks! Yeah! But oh my freaking gosh, Jeon Jungkook is at my house! ASDFGHJKL! Can that even happen in real life?!

"Eunmi-ah~" my mother cooed while standing up and motioning for me to follow her to the kitchen. So, I did what she wanted.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"Who is that young man?" she asked, peeking out to look at him, and then smiling at me.

"Uh... another idol?" I answered, my response sounding more like a question. "His name's Jungkook."

"Ah, I see, I see," she said, a grin on her face.

"No, eomma. I know what you're thinking," I laughed, then in a whisper, I added, "Kyungie's the only one, you know that."

"Arasseo. Now let's get back out there, before he suspects anything more," she chuckled, and we both walked out to the living room.

We sat down and the three of us conversed for about forty minutes until my mother had to sleep to get ready later on for her night shift. Jungkook and I were left alone, and for the first time since our encounter, total silence wrapped us. He took off his jacket and loosened  the collar of his shirt, probably the silence was tensing him up. Jungkook then looked down at his wrist watch, before switching his gaze to me.

"Hey, my uh, manager called. I have to go back now," he said.

"Oh, yeah. Okay," I replied and stood up as soon as he did. He walked towards the door and I followed to him out. He opened the door and was about to go out, but he turned back around.

"See you around," he said, a wide smile on his face.

"Yep, okay," I said.

-

Jungkook's Point of View

As I exited Eunmi's house, I just stood there for a while. I know it was crazy to think of something such as the thing I was thinking of now, and I definitely knew that we have not known each other for very long, but whenever I saw her it felt different. I wanted to protect her and watch over her. It was strange, right? 

I stood there for a few minutes more, before coming to an uncertain conlusion why I was feeling that way... I wanted to be like her older brother. Although I was not quite sure if I was older or if she was older or if we were the same age, but I told myself I would try to protect her as much as I could from now on.

Satisfied with that thought, I walked down the pathway to the van. I was about to slide open the door, but I saw a girl right to my peripheral vision, but when I turned to look no one was there. I was pretty sure I have seen her somewhere before, but dwelt no further on that and just went inside.

 


 

I just blabbed on and on in this chapter. Sorry cos nothing happened xD Even I was bored by it, HAHA, but I had to update for you guys somehow cos I've been on vacation~

I was going to make Jungkook feel like he was falling for Eunmi, but like too much guys have fallen for her already so I just made him feel like he needed to act like an older brother to her. HAHAHA

It's very weird, but meh~ XD COMMENT what you guys think of this. Is it weird or what? :P