Mr Mean Kyungsoo

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Eunmi enters her bedroom with feels building up inside her. She proceeds onto lying down on her bed, and then she squeals as her hands punches the bed in excitement. Now she really believes that dreams do come true. She stares at the ceiling and sighs, questioning a very obvious question…

“Why is he here anyway?”

Because curiosity got in the way, Eunmi goes out the room and tiptoes her way across the hallway and to the guest room where D.O is going to stay. She leans in very quietly as she places her ear on the door, listening to whatever she may hear. Suddenly, the door opens and Eunmi’s face is greeted by D.O’s chest.

“Omo!” She screams. D.O, however, crosses his arms and raises a brow.

“What were you doing?” He asks.

“Uh, nothing… just welcoming you,” she chortles awkwardly.

“By pinning your head against the door?”

“I was just—”

“Forget it. I’m heading out for a minute,” he tells her, walking away. Eunmi stands there for a few seconds before realising that he could get noticed. She runs past him and stops in front of him with arms stretched out on her side.

“You can’t go,” she says.

“And why not?”

“Because people will recognise you,” she replies.

“So?” He questions.

“You’re an idol. Aren’t you going to get mobbed by your fans?” Her voice lowering.

He rolls his eyes at her and clicks his tongue before shoving her aside. Eunmi watches as D.O leaves the house, feeling a slight electric shock through her heart.

“ARGH! DO KYUNGSOO!” She shouts in rage while stomping her feet. She breathes out slowly as she tries to compose herself back into sanity. Eunmi still does not know why he is acting like this towards her, or if he has always been like this.

 

D.O meets up with Baekhyun at a coffee shop near their company building. Right now, all D.O needs is to talk to his friend.

“I have to live with her, Baek,” D.O tells him.

“Who?” Baekhyun asks, obviously confused.

“That annoying fan we saw at the sandwich shop,” answers D.O.

Baekhyun laughs as he takes a sip of coffee from his cup.

“What’s so funny?” D.O leans back on his seat.

“You gotta loosen up, Kyungsoo,” Baekhyun begins. “That girl just obviously likes you. Be thankful that she even likes you, if only she knew what you’re really like—”

“What am I like, Baekhyun?” D.O’s voice becomes serious.

“Look, all I’m saying is that you shouldn’t be cold to people, especially if you don’t really know them that well,” Baekhyun answers him. D.O sighs and looks at his friend before nodding. In fact, D.O has no idea, too, why he is like this. It might just be the way that he was brought up.

“Anyway, I have to go. We have an early schedule tomorrow so I need my sleep,” Baek informs him.

D.O nods, “Yeah, sure. I had to go too, anyway.”

The both of them head out and Baekhyun pats D.O’s shoulder before going in the other direction.

“Be nice,” Baekhyun tells him.

D.O rolls his eyes. “Yeah, yeah.”

 

When he arrives, he carefully shuts the door, not wanting to alarm Eunmi that he’s home. As he walks past the living room, he finds Eunmi lying down on the couch asleep. D.O stares at her, it was all quiet when suddenly someone taps D.O on the shoulder.

“Yah!” He shouts, spinning around to see the person.

Eunmi yawns and her eyes flutter open.

“Oh. Eomma, you’re home?” She asks, then switching her gaze to D.O. “You too?”

“You must be Kyungsoo,” Eunmi’s mother asks. D.O just laughs awkwardly as a response. Eunmi shuffles quickly to where the two are and slaps her mom’s shoulder lightly.

“Yah, eomma! You don’t call him Kyungsoo, he prefers to be called D.O.”

Eunmi’s mother shifts her attention between her daughter, then to D.O, then back to her daughter.

“Arasseo,” her mother says. “I’ll leave you two now.”

When Eunmi’s mother leaves, the atmosphere becomes quite dull and silent and awkward.

Eunmi speaks first, breaking the silence. “I’ll head to my room.”

“Oh… Yeah, sure…” D.O replies, not finding the words to say. He suddenly feels something different towards her, but he just cannot put his finger on it.

 

“Kyungie, why is he mean to me?” Eunmi asks her stuffed teddy bear. “I mean, what did I do? All I’m doing is loving him. Am I that bad of a person? I actually thought that we could get close while he’s here. I don’t know why exactly he’s here but I don’t care. This is an opportunity I cannot pass, but why, Kyungie? Answer me.” Eunmi then hugs the toy.

“Kyungie’s inanimate, he’s not going to answer.”

Eunmi gets startled to find D.O leaning on her door frame with a smirk plastered on his face.

“W-what are you doing here?” She asks, her face blushing a tomato red. Did he hear all that stuff? She asks herself.

“Well, I have to go past your bedroom in order to go to the bathroom. Tsk, you don’t even have separate bathroom in your rooms. Anyway, your door was open so I heard you,” he tells her.

Eunmi just stares at the floor with eyes widened and jaw dropped. She feels so embarrassed; embarrassed enough to kill her.

“That was just… I actually… I didn’t—”

“Save your explanation for someone who cares,” he interrupts her, then carries on with what he was supposed to do in the first place.

Eunmi bites on her lower lip as she tries to contain the tears from falling. She tried to be nice to him but all he’s doing is be ignorant and cold towards her.

 

D.O leans on the wall outside the bathroom and places his hand on his chest.

“Why do I feel hurt?” He asks himself. D.O then realises a possible reason.

 

“No, it can’t be. I don’t…”

 


 

Here's an update. Sorry for making you wait, right now I just don't feel motivated to write. I'm feeling lazy, hehe. Anyway, hope you like this chapter~ Thanks for reading <3