One step forward

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]
D.O's Point of View
The two months without her felt longer, it felt as if an eternity had passed by and I was still waiting. For what, I really had no clue. Maybe I was still waiting for us to be together, even though I knew it would be impossible. Eunmi was like my long waited rain in the hot and dry desert, it felt good when she came along, but now that she was gone again, the days felt gruellingly long and hopeless. I had no energy to do things anymore and I had even thought of retiring as an idol, but it wouldn't have been fair for the fans.
I knew Baekhyun had been visiting Eunmi for support and comfort, and to be honest, I felt uncomfortable about it and completely jealous. However, the fact that he was trying to help her out gave me a peace of my mind, that finally she would at least be a little bit better. He told me about his disguising himself as her cousin Jojo and I just thought it was uncanny, but it was necessary, I guess.
Today, Eunmi's sister, Bomi, was going to arrive and it was kind of sad how I wasn't able to see her. I mean, of course I wanted to know how Bomi ended up. Anyway, it wasn't that important. It was currently 6 in the morning and I had been awake since 4, but I wasn't feeling tired. I thought I would at least eat breakfast since I was awake already, anyway. So, I went out my room and dragged my lazy body across to the kitchen. I prepared myself some Coco-Pops because I wasn't feeling like making anything extravagant for breakfast. I took my time to eat and when I finished, I put the bowl in the sink and began walking back to my room.
I had to pass Baekhyun's room to get to mine and when I heard he was awake, too, I had to stop just in front of his door. He was never awake at this time, he would usually wake up at 8 or 9. So, I did what a curious person would, the thing I had been doing lately; eavesdrop. It was wrong, I know, but my interested little mind was in control at the moment. I gently pressed my ears against his door and listened.
"Wait, are you serious? You're not joking, right? Because that would just be cruel. Hang on, did you even say yes? Are you actually agreeing to going out with me? Or maybe that was just my brain teasing me. I--"
My eyes widened the moment those words left his mouth. My broken heart was no longer broken because it had disintegrated. It was gone. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who he was talking to, I knew who it was. I just wished I was wrong. I was lost in my thoughts for a second that I wasn't able to react fast enough when Baek opened his door. I stood there with my feet planted to the ground and my eyes locked to his.
"What were you doing?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest.
"I heard murmuring, so, uh.."
"So you decided to eavesdrop?" he raised an eyebrow.
"Sorry," I said, but my mood suddenly changed. "Hang on, if I didn't eavesdrop, were you even going to tell me you're going out with Eunmi?"
"Of course, I would!" Baekhyun yelled. "How can you even accuse me of not?"
"Well, I don't know, maybe because you didn't consult with me that you were planning on asking her," I replied, raising my voice, too.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know I had to ask for your permission to ask someone out," he said sarcastically.
"You had to this time because she's my fcking ex-girlfriend!" I shouted.
"Ex-girlfriend, meaning she's no longer with you and you're no longer with her. Get over it, Kyungsoo," he told me through gritted teeth.
"So, this is how you repay your best friend," I snickered. "I told you everything that happened, knowing my situation and how I'm feeling, yet you still went after her. Thanks, Baek, thanks for the support. You're such a good friend."
I didn't wait for his reply and went straight to my room, grabbing a jacket and heading towards the front entrance. By this time, the rest of the boys were out of their rooms, but I ignored them all as I exited our dorm, slamming the door behind me. It was still early for the paparazzi to be gathered there, so I was glad I could leave without anyone questioning me.
Where was I going? I didn't know, but what I did know was that I had to get out somewhere and get some fresh air to clear my messed up, more like, fcked up mind. Everything was crumbling down in my life and the only thing keeping me together was the thought that my mother didn't want me to live this way. Live as if life was full of bullcrap. She used to always say life would bring tough situations for the better to come. So, when was my life going to get better. When?
-
Third person Point of View
The next morning, Eunmi woke up with a smile on her face. She looked at her wall clock and it read 5:30am, far too early for anyone on holiday to be awake. She then checked her phone and found out that there was a message to her from Baekhyun. Smiling even wider, she slid to unlock her screen and opened the message.
"From: Baekhyun
Good morning <3 Text me back when you wake up, okay? x"
She giggled at the simple message and pressed the reply button.
"To: Baekhyun
I'm awake now :)"
She then pressed send, but it was taking too long for him to reply back. So, she sighed and got up since she was awake anyway, and headed to the kitchen. Eunmi got out an egg from the fridge and bacon, before cooking them on the frying pan. She toasted some bread and placed it on a white plate. After about half an hour, she was finally going to sit down to eat, but the sound of knocking on their door prevented her from doing so.
Eunmi groaned and lazily made her way to the door. However, when she opened it, her mood completely flipped. A wide smile painted on her face as she looked at 'cousin Jojo', holding a bouquet of red roses and a shy smile on his lips, rubbing the back of his neck.
"Cousin Jojo, what brings you here?" Eunmi asked jokingly.
Baekhyun rolled his eyes playfully and handed to her the roses, and Eunmi gladly took it.
"Can I come in?" Baekhyun asked.
"Yeah, yeah," she said, stepping aside so he could enter. "Why are you dressed as cousin Jojo anyway, there aren't any paparazzi at this time?"
"I had to be sure," he smiled.
"So, what brings you here?"
"I wanted to tell you something," Baekhyun said.
"Okay, hit me with it," Eunmi smiled.
"Let's go out on a date," he said, trying to suppress his grin.
"A date?" she asked, surprised.
"Yeah, you know, that thing couples do to spend time alone," he said sarcastically.
"Shut up," she laughed, hitting him playfully on the arm.
"So, what do you think? Yay or nay?" Baekhyun asked.
"I'd love to," Eunmi smiled.
Baekhyun did his famous eye-smile and suddenly hugged her out of excitement. She was taken aback and so was he the moment he realised what he just did. He awkwardly took a step back and scratched the back of his head.
"Sorry," he said.
"That's fine," she chuckled, linking her arm with his and walking both of them to the kitchen. "Let's go eat. I doubt you've eaten breakfast."

If only we had even a teensy bit of Eunmi's luck, right? :P
Comment down below and Vote if you guys enjoyed this chapter~
I'll see you all next time ;) x