Make A Call

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

D.O's Point of View

I knew I should have regretted kissing Eunmi a week ago because she was with someone else, but I didn't. In fact, it was actually a goal achieved.

It didn't surprise me that she and Baekhyun broke up after he found out. Although he wasn't mad at her, I could feel his anger through the silence he has been giving me these past days. I couldn't blame him because deep down I knew it was my fault in the first place.

Of course I've told him the whole truth that same day Eunmi last spoke to him, to us. He was surprised to find out as well, maybe even more than me, but that wasn't important.

We were currently packing for our tours in Asia and my heart sank as I placed my clothes in the suitcase. I really didn't want to leave early tomorrow morning without at least seeing Eunmi. Somehow, I knew Baekhyun and the others felt the same way, but I also knew I would have been too nervous to even initiate a meet-up.

So, I took out my phone and did what every cowardly guy does at this situation, talk to her through messaging.

To: Eunmi

I know you're still upset about what happened, but I really don't want to leave without at least knowing you're okay. Please tell me you're okay.

I hit send and waited for her reply. A minute later, my phone vibrated and I was too excited and nervous to see it from her.

From: Eunmi

I'm fine. Have a safe flight tomorrow.

Clearly, I knew she wasn't. A sigh escaped my lips as I typed on the keyboard on my screen and sent her another one.

To: Eunmi

Okay, I know I told you to tell me you're okay, but I know you're not. I'm going to call you after this, so pick up, alright?

I sent it to her before pressing the call button beside her name. It was ringing for a while and my first attempt went straight to voicemail. I sighed again and tried the second time.

Every ring caused my heart to beat faster and I wasn't even sure what I was going to say to her, but I just had to hear her voice. I wanted to make sure that I at least did something right before we left.

Finally, after some wait, she picked up.

"What do you want?" her voice sounded groggy as if she had just woken up, despite the fact that it was passed two in the afternoon.

"I wanna make sure you'll be okay before we leave," I said straightforwardly.

"I will be eventually. Gosh, it's not like I'll be hung up over this forever," she groaned.

"I know, it's just that..." I trailed off, not really knowing what to say.

"You're sorry," she stated.

"Yeah, yeah I am."

"Well, you should be. It's only right you feel that way."

"I know and I really want to make it up to you, but I know there's nothing I can possibly do that will even begin to cover everything I did."

"Go to tour," she said.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Go do your tour like you're meant to. Make thousands of fans happy by singing to them. All you can do is by doing just that. Be the Kyungie I knew."

Her words flew around in my mind. I wasn't even focused on the other parts, except for one. She could have said "be the D.O I knew", but instead she used what she used to call me. Kyungie.

I felt a ray of hope inside me as a smile spread across my face. If that was what she wanted me to do, it was exactly what I was going to do.

"I'll do that," I told her, a bit of confidence this time.

"Good," she said. "Now hang up because I was actually still asleep when you texted me."

"At two in the afternoon?" I chuckled.

"Yes, now bye. Stay safe," she said and after that, she hung up.

I probably looked like an idiot who had a massive smile on his face, but I didn't care because somehow I felt as if she didn't hate me anymore. I liked that.

-

Eunmi's Point of View

I would have loved to converse with him a bit longer, but I was still feeling very sleepy. I shouldn't have stayed up having a Dream High and Dream High 2 marathon last night. Now, I feel like my eye bags sagged all the way to the ground and I could barely keep my eyes open.

The last time Jungkook visited me, he made me realise who I truly had feelings for and I was glad to establish that it was the boy I was just talking with.

I guess first love never dies.

Kyungie had told me he loved me back at the sandwich shop and I wanted to say the words back to him, I just didn't know how. I didn't want to make it too sudden because, after all, I did just come from a break up.

I was so torn between wanting to tell him I loved him and at the same time not wanting to hurt Baekhyun even more.

I groaned into my pillow in frustration before eventually throwing it across the room towards my door. Unfortunately, mother was coming in when I did that, so yes. You guessed it. The pillow hit her right in the face.

"Oh my gosh, eomma, I'm so sorry!" I said, rushing over to where she was stood and picked up the pillow.

"Aish," she hissed. "It's alright. Why were you throwing the pillow, anyway?"

"Uh... I thought I saw a spider," I lied.

"Well then, darn that spider," she softly chuckled, causing me to smile.

She was such a sweet human being. She was so carefree that almost nothing could boil her anger, except maybe one.

"Hey, eomma, can I ask you a question?"

"What is it?" she raised a brow in curiosity.

"It might sound personal, but I'm just really curious," I told her.

"Okay, go ahead."

"How do you know Mr Do?" I asked.

Her eyes froze as if she had just seen a ghost. The smile she had on her face soon faded as she gulped. I wasn't sure whether it was nervousness or panic written across her face, but whichever it was, it wasn't making her feel good.

"M-Mr Do?" she repeated with a stutter.

"Um, yes," I said.

"He's nothing important," she told me. "Just uh... He was just a jerk I went to college with."

"Are you sure? Because you looked really angry that time he came here," I asked.

"He made my life miserable," she answered, but this time it was like she has never been more sure of anything.

"Oh, well, okay then," I smiled. "I just really wanted to know."

"Okay," she said, sounding almost relieved. "Anyway, there's lunch downstairs. Too late for breakfast."

"Alright," I chuckled, walking back to place the pillow on my bed. "I'll wash up first."

The moment she left my room, I was still feeling like she was leaving something out.

Before school began, I knew I had to get things straight. I needed to hear out the same story come from his mouth. So, I decided that after lunch, I would go down to Mr Do's company.


You can probably already tell that things are about to go down, lol.

How are you feeling about the slow start blooming of the KyungMi flower again? Hahaha

Comment your thoughts please and Vote if you liked this! Thank you for reading :) x