It was a dream

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

“You! What are you doing here?” D.O asks Eunmi.

“Uh… um… I-I live here… hehe,” she replies, half daydreaming.

D.O still could not believe that his mother want him to stay at this place, especially with her. They stand there for a few minutes in utter and awkward silence. He is still trying to comprehend the fact that his mother would know someone from such a low class.

“Hyung,” Eunmi says, her voice firm.

“What did you say?” D.O raises a brow.

“Hyung!” She shouts.

D.O shakes his head as his eyes slowly opens. He shifts his gaze from one member to the other; all who are staring at him in an uncanny way.

“Are you alright?” Baekhyun asks him.

“It was just a dream,” he murmurs. “Just an awful dream.”

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Baekhyun asks again.

“Baek, I need to talk to you,” D.O informs, then taking his friend’s wrist to head out the practice room. Once they were out, D.O lets go and Baekhyun crosses his arms.

“What’s going on?”

D.O gulps, “I think I’m broke, Baek.”

Baekhyun’s eyes shoot wide open as he unfolds his arms and walks slowly towards his friend.

“Are you sure about that?” He asks D.O, an obvious concern in his voice.

D.O was about to answer when their manager appears.

“D.O-ya, President Lee wants to talk to you,” Manager hyung informs.

A sudden chill goes down D.O’s spine. Why does he want to talk to me? Am I being cut loose from the company? He thinks.

“Can Baek come with me?”

The manager stares at D.O for a while and then sighs, “Sure.”

 

They arrive in front of a big mahogany door; the president sure likes to be fancy.

“Come in!” A voice on the other side of the door answers.

The three slowly enters the office, and when they get inside, the President welcomes them with a rather unwelcoming glare.

“Sit down,” President Lee says. D.O, Baekhyun and Manager hyung all do as they are told.

“I was sure that I said it is only D.O I wanted to speak to.” He switches his gaze to Baekhyun, “Why is Baekhyun here?”

“He’s my friend, I wanted him to come,” D.O quickly answers.

President Lee takes a deep sigh as he pushes his spectacles up his nose bridge. “Very well then, I hope you won’t mind me saying things in front of Baekhyun that concerns you.”

“No, go on,” D.O says.

“I have been informed by my secretary that your family is… having problems at this moment. How should I say this? I believe that your father’s company is having terrible management with the stocks and their sells have been going down. You may have to… move out of the dorm for the time being.”

D.O is shocked but Baekhyun is more shocked. He stands up, flabbergasted. “What?! D.O can’t move out, he’s an idol.”

“Yes, but—”

“Our families pay so that we can live at the dorm, Baek,” D.O interrupts President Lee into explaining.

“What?” Baekhyun sits back down.

“Yes, that is right,” the president concurs. “But… how did you know?”

“Let’s just say that I already saw all of this happening.”

 

Their little conference lasted for forty minutes and Baekhyun came out being more shocked and surprised than D.O.

“How can you move out? Where will you go?” Baekhyun asks D.O.

“I don’t know.”

“I already planned where you will be staying, D.O-ya,” Manager hyung tells him. Both Baekhyun and D.O turn their heads to their hyung.

“Where?” They chorus.

“You will be staying at my friend’s house. I heard that she has a child around your age so I’m sure you’ll be fine. Be good there, she is a good friend. Also, she owes me one,” Manager hyung chuckles.

“How is this funny?” D.O fumes his eyes on their manager.

“I don’t know but I think the president wants you to move by the end of today.”

“I can’t believe I ever thought he was nice,” Baekhyun quips.

 

“Hyung! Hyung! Where are you going?” Sehun asks. D.O ignores him and carries his luggage out the back entrance of SM building. If this gets out into the public, Exo-K’s image will be ruined.

They drive for ten minutes to the house of Manager hyung’s friend. When they arrive, the manager hops out the car and so does D.O, they stand in front of a house that is a little bit smaller than the average house seen on the streets.

“Do we have the right address?” D.O scrunches his face.

“Yes, I quite believe so,” the manager replies, sarcasm heard in his voice. “Now, go in before somebody sees you.” D.O sighs and forces himself to walk to the front door, his legs are not cooperating at the prior moment, perhaps they do not like the idea of moving too.

He knocks on the door and seconds later the sound of the locks unlocking from the other side of the door is heard. When the door is opened, his eyes widen in horror. So are Eunmi’s eyes.

“YOU!”

“WHAT?!”

They shout in unison.

“Why are you here?” D.O asks.

“No offense, but why are you here? Eunmi answers with a question. “Not that I mind,” she whispers.

“What?”

“Nothing,” she shakes her head. “Are you coming in?”

“Do I have a choice?” D.O lifts up his luggage and walks inside, bumping onto her shoulder. Eunmi rubs the sore part but does not mind because her one true love is inside her house.

D.O wanders around the house cringing his face. He has never seen such a small house before in his life.

“How can you live here?” He asks her.

“Excuse me?”

“Never mind.”

Eunmi is tagging along behind D.O as he walks around the house, and so when D.O spins around, their chests bump nearly causing her to fall over. But he places his arm behind her back to prevent her from falling and their faces only centimetres apart.

Eunmi can feel her cheeks turn into a bright red crimson and her heart is palpitating.

“Um…” she murmurs.

D.O’s eyes shoot wide open when he realises that he still has her in his arm, not to mention, they are within a kissing distance away from each other’s faces. So he pushes her away as he turns his head around and rubs the back of his neck,

“That never happened, alright?” He comments.

Does he hate me that much? Eunmi thinks.

Why is my heart pounding so fast all of a sudden? D.O asks himself.

 


 

Sorry for the super late update