Tell Me A Lie

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Eunmi's Point of View

I had to secretly go to Mr Do's office since not all paparazzi after me were gone. There were still some that lingered even behind bushes, so I had to wear a little bit of disguise.

Once getting inside the building to the top floor, I immediately saw Jokwon typing away on his laptop, so I approached him.

The moment he saw me, a smile painted on his face.

"Good afternoon, Eunmi," he greeted.

"Hey," I smiled. "Is Mr Do in?"

"He is, just go on ahead. I'm sure he won't mind," he said.

"Okay, cool. Thanks," I nodded, heading towards the door.

Once knocking, I slowly opened the door, only to reveal the man himself. He looked up from the paper work he was doing and was quite shocked to see me here.

"Eunmi, what brings you here?" he asked.

I closed the door behind me and walked up to him, with a serious expression.

"You made my mum's life miserable," was all I said, just staring at him.

"What are you--"

"That's why she can't even stand looking at you," I continued.

He stood up and sighed, worry and surprise evident on his face.

"So you know about it?" he asked me.

"Yeah," I scoffed. "She told me earlier when I asked her about how she knew you."

"Look, I didn't mean to leave her and Bomi alone. But my career is my passion and I know I can never be a good father to her," he blabbed.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I furrowed by eyebrows.

I felt my breath hitch as I let the words sink into my head. He was... Bomi's father? Then that would have meant he was mine's, too.

"I thought you..."

"No!" I yelled. "Eomma said you made her life miserable in college, that's why... that's why she can't stand you."

"Oh my god," he mumbled.

"What were you talking about?!" I shouted.

"It's... Nothing," he shook his head.

"Tell me!" I said, voice cracking.

Mr Do looked me in the eyes and sighed in defeat. He leaned on his desk and faced the ground, uncertainness on his face.

"It all started when I first met Sooyeon..."

He had talked for almost two hours, with me crying non-stop the moment I found out me and Bomi had different fathers. I couldn't believe everyone could keep something as big as this as a secret from me!

I couldn't even stay mad at Mr Do. I was in a point where all emotions were too much that it felt like I was just there. Emotionless, even though I wanted to hit him so bad and make him regret everything.

As soon as I got home, I found eomma in the kitchen preparing dinner for us. I didn't even bother beating around the bush as I just began yelling at her.

"When were you going to tell me?!"

"Sweetheart, what are you--"

"You know exactly what!" I shouted and cried at the same time. "Clearly, Bomi and I have different fathers! You slept with Mr Do! You slept..."

I couldn't breathe. My chest was heaving up and down very quickly, and I got a little lightheaded. I grabbed on the kitchen counter for support.

"Eunmi, I... How did... Who told you?"

"Who else?" I scoffed. "Since no one really gave me clear answers, I had to go to him for them."

"He just told you?" she asked.

"That's not even the point right now!" I sobbed. "How could you not tell me? How can you and Bomi keep this from me?"

"I was going to," she said. "At the right time."

"And when is that? Ten years from now? Twenty years from now?" I cried, sitting down on the floor as my knees weakened.

"I-I don't know," she sighed, kneeling in front of me, the tears b her eyes. "But I'm so sorry, Eunmi-ah. I really am. I hope you can forgive me for this."

I could only snicker at what she said. Once I found the strength, I stood up and headed for the front door.

"Where are you going?"

I didn't answer and instead I just shut the door behind me, her sobs fading in the background.

After taking the bus, I walked for five minutes to EXO's dorm. I knew we all haven't seen each other in a week, but I didn't care right now. I wanted to confront D.O and that was exactly why I was here.

As soon as I rang their bell, I tried to wipe the tears that were still streaming down my cheeks. When the door opened, I was met with a happy-faced Lay, but his expression soon turned into a confused frown the moment he saw me crying.

"Eunmi, why--"

"Excuse me," I interrupted him as I went inside their dorm, searching for D.O.

The members who saw me looked utterly confused, little did they know I was more confused than they were. I finally found him talking to Luhan and when he saw me approaching, his eyes grew wide in surprise.

"Eunmi," he murmured.

I slapped him right across the cheek.

"How dare you!" I yelled, gaining the attention of all members.

"What are you talking about?" he asked, brows knitted together on his forehead.

"You thought you could keep it a secret from me, hm?" I accused. "You thought I wouldn't find out about it. Well, news flash, I just did."

By the look on his face, he knew already what it was that I was talking about. However, what surprised me even more was Baekhyun stepping up to protect him about it.

"He did it to protect you, Eunmi," Baek said.

"So you knew about it, too," I scoffed.

"I... I did," he sighed, looking shamelessly at the ground.

"Great! So apparently it's just me," I laughed pathetically at myself.

"Guys, what's going on?" Sehun asked innocently.

"Why don't you ask Tom and Jerry here," I replied coldly, before heading towards the exit. "I'm getting some air."

When I exited their dorm, I felt the light breeze brush against my skin as it dried my tears. I began to walk away from the place when I suddenly felt a hand grip my wrist to prevent me from going. I peered over my shoulder and saw that it was D.O.

"D.O, let go or I swear--"

"You'll what? Slap me again? Because trust me, Eunmi, seeing you like this hurts me more," he said.

"How ironic since you're part of the reason why I'm like this," I snickered.

"I know," he sighed, pulling me towards him and then holding my other wrist before placing them in between us, on his chest.

"I'm really sorry. I'm really really sorry, Eunmi," D.O began. "I don't even know how much I've said it already, but I really am sorry for everything. For breaking your heart, for keeping this from you. Everything. I'm very sorry for it."

"Too bad saying sorry can't undo things," I told him, releasing my wrists from his hold.

I gulped down the lump in my throat as my jaw shook, attempting not to let the tears fall again. But alas, to no avail. They fell from my eyes like waterfalls and once again, I could feel my cheeks get wet.

-

D.O's Point of View

The moment she started crying again, I had the urge to hug her, but I was well aware she did not want me to.

Why did everything have to turn out the way they did? And here I was thinking that we were actually going to work things out.

"I know you're sorry," she began. "But I can't accept it right now."

"Why can't you just believe me?!" I yelled, causing her to jump in shock.

I realised what I just did and I tried to hold her hand to show I didn't mean it, but she just stepped back from me. Oh, no. Please don't.

"I-I thought you've changed... but you're just the same guy I met months ago."

Before I could even say something in return, Eunmi was already running to the bus stop near our dorm. I watched as she grew further and further away from me.

I could literally feel my chest tighten and my breath started to get heavy. Once she was completely out of my sight, the tears I've been holding back released themselves as they streamed down my cheeks.

The words she spoke to me hurt, but watching her go away from me hurt even more.

What if this time, I lost her for good?


I've been waiting for the day Eunmi finds out, haha. It's so dramatic yet exciting at the same time! :P

Anyway, Comment what you think and Vote if you were entertained~ thanks for reading! x