Where are they?

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Eunmi’s Point of View

We were running around the flower garden, chasing each other as we laughed to our heart’s content. We grew tired with every step but, it did not matter because it was too much fun we were having.

“You’re quite fast!” I heard him yell behind me.

I only giggled at what he said and carried on, the thought of stopping did not even occur in mind. I only looked at the path in front of me, where to turn or when to turn was what I thought about.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms wrapping my waist and I knew immediately that he had caught up with me. His heavy panting was audible when he rested his chin on my shoulder. Slowly, with arms still surrounding my mid-section, he turned me around to face him.

“Got you,” he smiled angelically.

I had not turned around until now to actually know who was chasing me. All this time I would have thought it to be D.O but, it was not him and instead it was someone I did not expect.

“Kai?”

-

I woke up to the sound of consistent knocking on my door. Groaning in irritation, I stomped my way over to yell at whoever was disturbing me half an hour before my actual awakening. It was so annoying! I grabbed the knob and quickly opened the door, yelling at the person.

“What do you want?!” I shouted.

“Uh…”

When my focus was on one hundred per cent, I realised who the person was; the same person who I was previously dreaming about. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as to why Kai would have possibly been at my house.

“Sorry, did I wake you? I would’ve thought you’d been awake by now,” he said.

“No, no. It’s fine,” I told him.

To be honest, I was feeling a bit awkward. I was not having any romantic feelings towards him and having the dream just made things awkward for me. I could not blame him, of course, because he did not know a thing but, it was weird how that dream just randomly happened.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him.

“Oh, hyung called me. He said to take you to school after breakfast because he was called by his father,” Kai explained.

“He called you instead of Baekhyun?”

I saw the sudden change of expression in his face after I said this. Great! What was I even thinking? It must have upset him, for sure. My mouth opened to apologise to him but, there were no words that came out. It was like I was mute.

“Did you want Baekhyun-hyung? I can call him if you want, if you don’t want me,” he said.

I felt worse when he replied. He sounded so sad and upset, and to think it was only because of what I said made me feel like a bad person. I stepped forward to shorten the distance between us by a bit and laughed awkwardly.

“I didn’t mean it like that,” I began. “It’s just that D.O’s closer to Baekhyun, you know?”

“Ahh, I get it. It’s okay, I’m not mad at you,” he said, smiling.

“You’re not?”

“I don’t like getting mad at people because then I would have to hold grudges. Have you seen The Grudge?” Kai asks, shuddering. “I don’t want to end up looking like that.”

I was looking at him for a while, before I burst out in laughter. He was so cute when he talked, like a little kid that I wanted to pinch the cheeks of. I punched his shoulder lightly and shut the door behind me, before heading to the kitchen.

“Have you eaten?” I asked Kai.

“Yeah, I did, before I came.”

When I sat down by the counter I saw the food that I was supposed to eat for breakfast. I was as amazed as to how anything could look pretty and delicious at the same time. I leaned forward to examine them closely and the aroma smelled so nice that it literally made my stomach grumble.

I saw a note beside one of the dishes and without hesitation but, with curiosity, I took it. I stood up to grab a glass of water first, before I sat back down and read:

“Good morning! I made breakfast for you. Have a good day today. From, Kyungie-ya <3”

I spat the water I was drinking and choked on what was left. KYUNG… KYUNGIE-YA?! DID HE SERIOUSLY WRITE THIS?! I thought to myself. I rubbed my eyes a couple of times just to make sure I was not imagining things. I was so sure that he did not like to me calling him anything but D.O. Why the sudden change?

Kai must have noticed that I was in a spazz that he walked over to make sure I was still alright, even though I really was not.

Tingly feelings were sent throughout my body and I could not supress the smile that was creeping on my face. I was so happy that my heart began to quicken in beat and butterflies flew wildly in my stomach. I tried to calm myself but, whenever I looked at the note I would smile like a maniac again.

“Are you okay?” Kai asked with an eyebrow raised.

“Yeah,” I said, and then looking down on the note. “Just surprised.”

-

When we arrived at school, people started to look in our direction but, most of the glares were on me. I could hear the girls muttering curse words at me and, in all honesty, I got used to it. After people knew about me and Baekhyun’s kiss and me going on a ‘date’ with D.O, hate became a part of my normal life.

Kai and I walked to our class and surprisingly, Baekhyun was not there. I looked around the class just to make sure that he really was not there, and he was not. I bit the inside of my cheeks in wonder as to why he could not have been there.

“Where’s Baekhyun?” I asked Kai but, it was Sehun who answered instead.

“He was called by Manager Hyung so, I guess you’re stuck with us,” he giggled.

“No offence but, I don’t really hang out with you guys, remember? I hang out with Sanghyun and his sister… Well, and Chanyeol now,” I told him.

“Sanghyun and his sister aren’t here,” Sehun said.

“Why not?” I asked but, all the answer I got was a shrug of the shoulders. It was weird how all three of the guys, who supposedly had feelings for me, were not at school. I suddenly got a weird feeling then.

-

Third person Point of View

Eunmi could not put her finger on the reason why Baekhyun, D.O and Sanghyun were not present on school grounds. Shaking her head, she put the thought aside and instead proceeded to sit on her desk.

The day went by like any other school days, except EXO K was there, and that was definitely not like any other normal days. Fan-girls would have died if it became part of their daily life.

Throughout the school hours Eunmi mostly thought of the three guys and how coincidently they were all absent on the exact same day. After school, Kai and Sehun had to stay with her until seven at night, just in case something bad would happen to her.

“I’m fine, guys, you don’t have to stay,” she told them but, the two maknaes were stubborn and would not listen to her.

“Let’s just watch then,” she sighed in defeat.

Sitting on the couch, Eunmi the television and Kai and Sehun sat on either of her side. She was flipping through channel after channel when something caught her eye, all of their eyes.

Her eyebrows furrowed, Kai’s face was blank and Sehun’s lips were pursed as they all looked at D.O and Baekhyun on the screen. It was in Inkigayo and it looked like they were hosting the show.

I thought they were on hiatus, Eunmi thought and it was for sure that the two boys with her were thinking the same thing.

“Waah~ That was definitely a daebak performance from Sistar,” Baekhyun said.

“Yes, it was and everyone will be seeing another daebak performance,” D.O replied.

“Oh, jinjja (really)? Do tell us, D.O-ssi,” Baekhyun said, although it sounded like he already knew the answer.

“I heard that a certain group was going to make a comeback,” D.O said.

“Ahh, I heard that, too,” said Baekhyun.

Both Baekhyun and D.O then faced the camera, looking at the audiences at home. They paused and smiled widely, before continuing, in unison.

“Yeoreobun, you’d be glad to know that EXO will be making their comeback. Please look forward to it.”

“But, as of now,” D.O began.

“This has been Inkigayo,” Baekhyun added.

“See you next time~” they both said, and then waving goodbye at the camera.

“MWO?!” Kai and Sehun shouted together.

 All three at home were surprised but, it was Eunmi who was shocked the most. Her eyes were fixated on the television for five minutes, before the two noticed her and they tried to snap her out of it.

She wanted her favourite group to come back soon but, once she thought that this meant D.O would be moving out, she was anything but pleased. Her heart felt like breaking and staying quiet was the only thing she wanted to do as of the moment. Then, something popped in her head and she hoped of it to prove herself wrong.

Quickly, she walked to the guest room and opened the door and, like she thought, it was cleaned up. The room was empty, except for the bed, pillow and blanket, and there was no sign of D.O’s belongings in there. She finally realised why D.O addressed himself as ‘Kyungie-ya’ before; it was because she would never see him again.

Tears started to well in her eyes and her knees weakened, not able to support her anymore so, she fell on the floor. Kai and Sehun followed her and they saw that she was sitting there.

“Eunmi-ah?” Sehun cooed.

“Just go, guys. I’m fine, you can go home now,” she told them.

“We didn’t know,” said Kai.

“We’re both surprised, like you,” Sehun added.

“It’s okay. I knew everything was too good to be true, anyway. I wasn’t expecting for you guys to stay forever, you had to leave some day and I guess today was the day.”

Kai and Sehun did not know what else to say to her so, they petted her shoulder, before leaving. Eunmi still sat there, feeling upset. Her mother was not to come home for another three days so, she was alone.

There was no one else; no eomma, no Baekhyun, no D.O.

-

In President Lee’s office, he sat with D.O’s father.

“I hope it wasn’t too much of a hassle, President Lee,” Mr Do said.

“It is alright, I understand. It must have been hard for D.O to live at a place so unsatisfying and horrid,” replied the president.

“Yes, I heard the girl he was living with would come at him and take advantage while he slept. I take the blame for not getting him a comfortable home all this time.”

“I perfectly understand. I’m sure their fans anticipated a comeback sooner or later, anyway. It is not a problem,” President Lee replied.

Mr Do bowed to acknowledge what was said to him. A triumphant grin appeared on his face as he stood up, excusing himself at present. He and President Lee shook hands, before D.O’s father left the office.

Outside the office, the investigator waited for Mr Do. He followed his boss to his car and sat beside him while Mr D.O gave him more instructions.

“I still want you to keep an eye on my son and, as for the girl, I’m sure it’s not a problem for you to watch her as well.”

“Absolutely not a problem, sir.”

“You’re a good boy, Sanghyun. Now go, before someone sees you,” Mr Do said.

Sanghyun opened the door and let himself out of the vehicle, waving goodbye at it as if someone was going to wave back. He started walking to the bus station, kicking the pebble on the ground as he went. Carefully, he took out a photo of Eunmi from his satchel and stared at it

 

“I hope you’ll forgive me for this.”

 


 

Even I'm surprised at what happened, HAHA.

What did you guys think of this, eh? COMMENT them below because I would love to read your thoughts on this~

VOTE, too, if you enjoyed reading it :D

Thank you for reading <3333 ^^~