What a feeling

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Eunmi’s Point of View

I walked in school the following morning and was welcomed by piercing glares. I had an uneasy feeling and felt like someone would pounce on me any minute. At the end of the hallway, I noticed that a crowd was hovering around the bulletin board so I came over to check it out. Heads turned as I approached the area, but slowly they backed away to make room for me.

I stared at the board, eyes widened and jaw dropped. How could this have happened? When was it taken?

In front of me was a photo of me and D.O at my grandmother’s house in the countryside, it appeared as if he were kissing… my head? But that couldn’t be possible, the guy hated my guts! It was taken the night that I was outside and stargazing. I looked at my surrounding, and yes, everyone was still staring at me.

D.O and the rest of EXO-K stood beside me now; they were all looking at the photo, too. Baekhyun shot an electric gaze at D.O, which I had no clue why did. Then, Kai unexpectedly grabbed my wrist. He was about to pull me away, but D.O caught my other wrist, and the scene looked as if they were playing Tug of War.

“Uh, guys… my arm,” I winced.

D.O looked at me before switching his attention to his hand which held my wrist. Slowly, he released me and allowing for Kai to take me.

 

I was taken inside the janitor’s closet, Kai shutting the door behind him.

“Um, Kai?” I said.

“Shh,” he pressed his finger to my lips, looking around as if he wanted to make sure that no one was listening.

“I need to tell you something,” he said.

I took his finger from my lips and stepped back to create distance. It was awfully small in there. I lifted my head up to meet Kai’s gaze, they were of concern and fear mixed together. What was he concerned about? More of, what was he scared of?

“You didn’t think of anywhere better to tell me than in the janitor’s closet?” I asked, motioning my hands at our surrounding.

“Sorry,” he shrugged.

“We’re here, so just spill it.” I told him, crossing my arms.

“Promise me you’re not going to tell D.O-hyung and Baekhyun-hyung?”

“Fine, sure, whatever,” I waved my hand about nonchalantly.

“Eunmi, I’m serious. You have to promise, okay?”

“Okay, okay. I promise, now what is it?” I asked, almost too rudely.

“D.O and Baekhyun might have, um, feelings for you,” he said.

I just looked at him bewildered. Did I even hear him correctly? A deep sigh escaped my lips as I began to open the door, not wanting to hear any more of what he had to say. He put his hand over mine, preventing me from going outside.

“Kai, let me out,” I said.

“Not unless you tell me what you’re thinking because you obviously look… shocked.”

I turned to him, coldly meeting his stare.

“I just need to absorb what you just said, so let go and let me out,” I commanded through gritted teeth.

Kai stepped aside as he made way for me. I swear I could have felt my eyes tearing up, and I had no idea why. My emotions were getting the best of me at the moment that I didn’t even realise that D.O was standing in front of me.

I looked up at him and his eyes were softened as he looked back at me. It was a look I have never seen before, apart from the photos I have seen before I met him personally. There was a question that has been itching to get out my head since I saw the photo.

“What’s the meaning of the photo?” I asked him.

“Please don’t make me explain. Not now, at least. Not now when I don’t even know the answer myself,” D.O answered, his tone sounded like he was begging. I just felt like hugging him, hoping to comfort him, but obviously I wasn’t going to do that.

“Fine. Then unless you find the answer,” I paused. “I suggest that you stay away from me.”

I walked away so he wouldn’t see the tears that were now streaming down my cheeks. I didn’t know what came over me. Why was I even affected? Why was I even crying? It might have been the fact I just pushed away the person that I have wanted to get to know since they debuted, but I was never too sure.

I found myself sitting alone in the Music room, a guitar placed on my lap. I always sang to myself whenever I felt extreme sadness, or extreme happiness. Gently, I began to strum the chords to Marry your daughter. I liked the lyrics so much and I hoped that maybe one day my future partner would sing it to me.

I sang the lyrics for the girl version.

 

Boy, I now you’re nervous for being here today.

You may not be sure on what you’re gonna say.

So don’t be afraid to take up some of my daddy’s time.

Will you ask for my hand, though I’m my daddy’s oldest?

Said I’m you’re everything and all that I know is,

I would be so happy if this happens someday.

And that’ll be the moment you say:

I’m gonna marry your daughter, and make her my wife.

I want her to be the only girl that I’ll love for the rest of my life.

And give her the best of me ‘till the day that I die.

I’m gonna marry your princess, and make her my queen—

 

I couldn’t finish the chorus. My eyes were non-stop producing the tears that my vision began to get really blurry. Suddenly, I heard the door open so I quickly wiped the tears away. I turned my head to the door’s direction and found Baekhyun walking towards me. He sat beside me and heaved out a sigh.

“Why are you singing a song about getting married?” He chuckled.

“I like the lyrics, that’s all,” I sniffled.

I didn’t know why, but for some reason I didn’t feel the need to avoid Baekhyun. Kai said that Baekhyun might have had feelings for me, but I didn’t feel like pushing him away. Instead, I think Baekhyun was the person that I needed at this moment, I felt as if he was always there to comfort me just like that time with Sa Rang.

The tears started to bawl again and I couldn’t control it anymore. Baekhyun hushed me as he brought his arms around me waist in a hug, my head resting on his shoulder.

“Shh, shh. Don’t cry,” he spoke softly. Then, he began to sing.

 

Don’t hesitate another minute please take away my heart.

Yes, the sharper the better, the night that even the moon has closed her eyes

If it were any other man, if it were a single verse taken from a comedy

Burn all the scars you’ve exchanged for that love

Baby don’t cry tonight after the darkness passes

Baby don’t cry tonight it’ll become as if it never happened

You’re not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should’ve known

So Baby don’t cry cry my love will protect you.

 

Baekhyun slowly lifted my head up by the chin. His chocolate, brown eyes stared into mine as his face began to near mine. Without warning, his lips pressed against mine. I knew the good thing to do was to back away, but my body was not cooperating at the prior situation; instead, I started to kiss back.

I felt him pull me closer as our lips moulded perfectly together. I could feel goosebumps throughout my body.

“What are you doing?”

Me and Baekhyun pulled away as we turned our heads to the direction of where the voice had come from. We didn’t even hear the door open because we were too into the kiss. My breath hitched as D.O stood by the door, his face emitted an anger vibe.

 

This is so not good, I thought.

 


 

I'm sorry if there are any mistakes, I felt lazy about editing :P

Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter, hehe.

Comment and Vote if you guys have time <3

Thank you for reading~!!