Getting somewhere

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Sehun's Point of View

No one seemed to be in the library so I told Jungkook to secretively place the year book inside his jacket. We both began to walk out with ease, but when the old librarian caught us, thinking we were suspicious, he called for us to come over.

Jungkook and I exchanged glances, and slowly headed towards the counter. Once we were stood in front of him, he alternated his gaze between the two of us.

"Why are you both not in class?" he asked. He must not have recognised who we were, even with our disguises on.

"Oh, uh, we don't actually go to this school, sir," Jungkook suddenly blurted and I turned my head to him, trying not to glare.

"Then why are you in our library?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing his arms over his chest.

"We have a friend who goes here," I said. Technically, it wasn't a lie.

"She just wanted us to check something for her," Jungkook continued, and this time I nudged him lightly on the arm.

"I wish I can let the two of you off the hook, but since it's school hours and you don't have a visitor's pass, what you did is technically trespassing," the librarian informed us, getting ready to pick up the phone.

"Wait!" I exclaimed. "Before you call the principal's office or the police, can't we ask just one question?"

"Fine," he sighed.

"Is there anyone at this school who has the initials 'HJ'?" I asked, feeling hopeful. Maybe we would get somewhere by asking.

"Look, son, there has got to be at least twenty students with those initials," he replied, annoyance obvious in his voice.

Well that was no help. I knew if we didn't ask anymore questions that he'd be calling whoever he was just about to call, but something told me that asking more would just prompt him to dial faster with those sausage-looking fingers of his.

"Oh my gosh, what is that?!" I yelled, widening my eyes as I stared at a far distance behind some shelves. Thankfully, the librarian took the bait and looked away from us.

"Come on!" I hissed to Jungkook, and we began to run out of the library, and then out of the school.

We ran for nearly ten minutes just to make sure we were far enough. After stopping in front of a juice bar, our stomachs decided to growl.

"Hungry?" Jungkook asked, trying to stifle a smile.

"You are, too," I said to him, chuckling.

"Let's get some sandwiches and drinks. My treat," he said, heading towards the entrance.

"No, I'll pay. I'm the hyung here," I told him.

"Alright," he agreed too quickly, skipping happily towards the joint. I then realised that he had used reverse psychology on me and he wasn't really planning on paying.

-

We ate as quickly as we could and headed back to my dorm to further our investigation. I had only five days left before I needed to return to tour and I wasn't going to let D.O-hyung or Eunmi down.

"Ah, crap!" Jungkook yelled the moment we sat down in the living room.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I missed our schedule," he replied, staring at the wall clock. "It must have finished at least half an hour ago."

"Damn," I lightly commented, feeling sort of bad. "What are you gonna tell them?"

"I don't know. I can't say an excuse since Rapmon-hyung warned me about our schedule," he sighed. "I literally just got jams from him and now that might be given to Jimin."

"What?" I asked, eyebrows furrowed in total puzzlement.

"Nothing, just an inside joke," Jungkook lightly smiled.

"Okay," I said, dragging the word. "But anyway, I'm sure they'll understand if you say you really needed to help a friend. It won't be a lie at all since that's what you're doing."

"Yeah, I guess so," he smiled.

-

Eunmi's Point of View

Two weeks was definitely longer than I thought. I wanted to be able to walk properly and not limp in some pain even with just one step.

I laid on my bed, arms on my sides, as I stared at the ceiling. So much has happened. So much was kept hidden. I wondered if there were any other people in the world going through something similar. There must have been, or else I might just be really unlucky.

A knock was then heard from the door and I huffed, refusing to answer. It was surely just my mother.

"Eunmi, honey, you haven't eaten at all today. You need to eat, please," she said through the door. I could hear the plea in her voice, but I wasn't one to let my guard down again.

"I'm fine!" I shouted so that she would hear. Minutes later I heard her foot steps growing further away from the door.

I didn't mean to come off as harsh, but I did find out only three weeks ago that D.O and my sister were half siblings, and that my father was actually Mr Do's best friend. It fairly seemed to be a short time to be forgiving anyone just yet. If I was ever going to.

I turned to my side and decided to take a nap, but my stomach grumbled. A defeated sigh escaped my lips and I sat up on my bed. Staring at the door, I had an inter battle whether or not I should go and eat, which would mean facing my mother.

Against my better judgment, I slowly got off from the comfort of my mattress and limped towards the door, opening it to head towards the kitchen. The moment my mother saw me, she rushed to my side and held my arm.

"Get off me!" I yelled, snatching my arm from her with force which caused her to stumble back a bit. I held in a breath because I felt bad, but casted the thought aside immediately.

"On second thought, maybe I'm not that hungry," I said, beginning to turn around for my bedroom.

"No, you stay," she frantically said. "I'll go. Please, just sit and eat. You need it."

With those words, she hurried from the kitchen to go to her room. After she was gone, I let out a long and shaky breath, sitting down on a chair by the counter and burying my face in my hands. I was so frustrated. Frustrated with everyone and myself.

Moments later, my phone began to ring and so I swooped it from my back pocket. Seeing that it was from Jungkook, I had no problem in answering.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked, trying to sound as optimistic as I could.

"You sound tired," he commented, and I could literally imagine a frown of concern on his face.

"Yeah, well that's me. Tired, little Eunmi."

"I'm sorry to have bothered you, but since you're the only person I know who's an all-D.O expert, I wanted to ask a question."

"Why are you suddenly interested in him?" I asked, making the irritation in my tone obvious.

"I know he's the last person you want mentioned right now, but I'm trying to figure out who told the media about him coming to visit you at the hospital."

"Jungkook," I sighed, "why are you doing this?"

"Eunmi, you're my friend and a very dear one, too. I don't like the thought of someone just exposing something private like that."

"That's very thoughtful of you, but what's done is done. It doesn't matter now," I told him.

"I still want to do it, though," he insisted. "Now, if you're okay with it, I want to ask a question."

"Fine, alright. Go for it."

"You know the middle school D.O-sunbaenim went to, right?" he asked and I hummed. "Do you know the girl who tried to get close to him?"

"Not really, no."

"Hold on, I'll send you a picture. Maybe you'll recognise her."

I took the phone from my ear and exited out of call to message. Seconds later, a photo was sent to me from Jungkook and I had to tightly grip the device to prevent it from falling. I stared at it. Hate began to rise from me and I felt infuriated.

"Eunmi, you still there? Did you get a good look at the picture?"

I shook my head and exited from message to call, placing the phone back against my ear. I tried to hide my heavy breathing because of her face, but he must have heard it.

"Are you okay?" he curiously asked.

"Where did you get that photo?"

"It was from a year book. She was literally in every photo that D.O-sunbae was in," Jungkook explained.

"I know who she is," I monotonously said.

"What? Who is she?"

"Remember that other girl who helped EXO out with me?"

"Yeah. I thought it would be her since she looked kind of clingy, but then I saw this photo and changed my mind. Whoever this girl on the year book is could be the culprit."

"Well, you were right from the start," I said.

"I don't get what you mean," he said, confused.

"The girl who helped with me and that girl on the photo are the same. She had a freaking plastic surgery before high school. When that photo spread during first year, everyone thought she was just pathetic. I actually befriended her because of that, but she never really told me why she did it. It's clear now. Very clear on why she did it," I told him, fury starting to fill every piece of me.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm very sure that's her, Jungkook. I can never be wrong when it comes to her," I replied through gritted teeth, my other hand balled into a fist.

"What's her name?" he asked, eagerness in his voice.

"Her name is Hye Jin."


Yo yo, what's up?

I hope that wasn't too boring. It's still all words and no action happening, but I'll try to incorporate some in the next chapter.

How do you guys feel about this chapter? haha

I never told you guys before but I was on a two week break, but now I'm back to uni so updates could take a while :/ but don't worry, I'll try to prevent that :)

Anyway~~ Comment or Vote if you guys liked this. I shall see you all in the next chap. x