Off-course not of course

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Third Person’s Point of View

As soon as D.O and Eunmi left the room, Mr. Do’s eyes shifted all over the room. He did not know what to do as he has never thought that his son would meet her daughter. Running his hand through his hair, he called for Jokwon.

“Yes, sir?” Jokwon answered.

“Send someone to keep an eye on those two, will you? I don’t like where things are headed,” he told him.

Jokwon nodded and immediately obeyed the task he was given.

“Kyungsoo must not know, not now.” Mr. Do muttered to himself.

-

“Did you know about this?” Eunmi asked D.O, her eyes glaring at him.

She was briskly walking, to nowhere in particular, and D.O tried hard to catch up with her. Eunmi was almost out of breath and yet she still felt that she needed to be far away for now. She did not know exactly why she was feeling that way but, something was just not right.

“Eunmi, I’m just as shocked as you are. Don’t go staring at me like that,” he told her.

D.O finally caught up with her and held her wrist to prevent her from going any further. Their chests heaved up and down as they regained their breaths.

“I’m sorry,” she apologised, eyes shifting to the ground.

He sighed deeply and released her wrist from his grasp. Something in his chest felt tight as if the feeling Eunmi had was infecting him, too. They stood on their spot for a while before realising that they did not know where they were.

Eunmi turned 360 degrees to examine the place, so did D.O, before both exchanged clueless glances.

“Uh … Did we really walk that far? I don’t even know where we are,” Eunmi spoke.

“Yeah, me too,” D.O concurred.

“Great, now we’re lost,” She sighed, arms flailing on her sides.

They continued to walk with the hope that they would come across something familiar; anything to indicate that they were not far off from where they were before. As they walked, silence wrapped them and the atmosphere turned awkward. D.O rubbed the nape of his neck as he took glimpses of Eunmi, wanting to start a conversation but, did not have the courage.

“You know, I can feel you staring at me,” Eunmi chuckled, stopping on her tracks as she turned to her side to face him.

“Oh … Uh … Sorry,” D.O mumbled.

Abruptly, Eunmi took his hand and began walking again.

“Might as well make the most of this,” she said.

D.O followed behind her, a smile forming on his plump lips as he looked down on their attached hands. His heart fluttered and all he could think about was how thankful he was that, that happened to them.

“Where are we going?” He asked her.

Eunmi halted and so did D.O. She looked around them, checking out the shops that were in the area. Then, at the end of all the shops was the shop that caught her eye. She enthusiastically jumped and giggled before dragging him towards the place. When they got there, D.O’s eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the shop called Costumes For You.

“Uh … it’s not Halloween yet, Eunmi. Why are we here?” He asked her, befuddled.

“Kyungie … Ahem. I mean, D.O, aren’t you forgetting something?” She raised a brow.

Instead of responding, he looked blankly at her, indicating that he thought he was not forgetting something. Eunmi rolled her eyes and breathed out in a huff.

“You’re an idol, you pabo!” She whispered-shouted.

“Ahh, right,” he nodded.

“Ahh, right,” Eunmi mimicked him in a tease. “Let’s just go inside, huh?”

As they went inside the shop, D.O had to lower his head and place his hand over it in order for the cashier to not recognise him. Who knew what would happen if he was seen at a costume shop … with an unknown girl? Rumours could spread and, well, it would be chaos.

Eunmi and D.O wandered in the caps and glasses section.

“Here, put these on,” she said, handing him a bucket hat and round, Harry Potter-like spectacles.

D.O obeyed as he was told and put the disguise on. He then turned to Eunmi, who stood there anticipating to see how he looked.

“Well? How do I look?” He asked her.

“You …” She paused, attempting to contain her giggle. “You look like a fisherman and an old Harry Potter combined together.”

Eunmi’s stomach hurt because she was constraining her laughter. Finally, she burst out and D.O looked around in a panic, in case that people were staring. Fortunately for them, they were the only customers in the shop. D.O sighed in relief and wiped the imaginary sweat from his forehead, and then lightly pushing Eunmi’s shoulder.

“Be quiet. The cashier might get suspicious,” he shushed her.

“Yah, do you really think she’d get suspicious of two teenagers playing dress up? I don’t think so,” she laughed.

“Eh, this will do. Let’s just leave already,” D.O grunted.

D.O was about to take the disguise off, but Eunmi stopped him and told him to keep it on. She grabbed hold of his wrist again and they walked towards the counter. Stopping in front of the cashier lady, Eunmi cleared , letting go of D.O’s hand before placing both arms on the counter.

“Hey,” she said coolly.

The cashier lifted her head up and was welcomed by Eunmi’s creepy yet friendly smile. Her face twitched as she stared at the teenager standing in front of her.

“Um … can I help you?” She asked, the uncanniness she felt was obvious in her tone.

“Yeah, so we’re here, right? And, like, we want to buy stuff, right? So, like, we got some stuff and, like, he tried them on. The dude really likes them, so, like, he doesn’t want to take them off. Thing is, like, can I pay for it while he’s wearing it?”

Eunmi’s pretention of being an uneducated girl who could not even speak proper language earned her a disgusted look from the cashier. The cashier barely nodded her head in Eunmi’s question before Eunmi got out her wallet and paid for the hat and glasses. Once paid, they headed out and were ready to make most of the situation.

They continued to walk to nowhere in particular, with silence once again wrapping both of them.

“I’ll pay—”

“You don’t—”

Both looked at each other, eyes meeting, and began to laugh awkwardly.

“What were you going to say?” She asked him.

“I was going to say that I’ll pay you back for these,” he answered, motioning at the hat and glasses. “What were you going to say?”

Eunmi chortled before replying. “I was going to say that you didn’t have to. I mean, it wasn’t that expensive so …”

“Right, right.” He nodded. “Are you sure?”

“Yes, D.O. I’m sure,” she laughed.

They both let out a sigh and proceeded to walk again. As they walked, a few weird glares were sent to their direction. People wondered why D.O looked so strange and unattractive looking since, of course, the bucket hat and the round spectacles were not doing him any favours.

D.O and Eunmi ended up walking in a small amusement park; small, but big enough for enjoyment. She turned her head to him and raised both her eyebrows.

“Do you want to go in?” Eunmi asked, clapping her hands together.

“Meh. I don’t really care,” he answered, nonchalantly shrugging his shoulders.

Eunmi’s eyebrows furrowed and her bottom lip between her teeth, curious as to why D.O’s attitude suddenly changed; one minute he was nicey-nicey and now he was snobby-snobby.

“It doesn’t really sound like you want to. Should we go home now?” Her voice sounded disappointed.

D.O examined the expression on Eunmi’s face and realised that she was kind of upset. Twiddling his thumbs, he put on a slight smile and nudged her arm, reassuring her that he meant nothing bad. They both looked at each other, and then looked at the amusement park, before heading inside.

When they were in, the place was crowded and D.O’s disguise fell off nearly a few times. Eunmi and D.O had to walk close side by side, shoulders brushing against each other’s. With every skin contact that occurred between them, Eunmi would dance a little inside and she would squeal in her head. D.O, however, had knots tied in his stomach.

“Hey, let’s ride that!” Eunmi shouted as she pointed at the roller coaster.

When she turned to D.O to hear his answer, all she got was a really-are-you-serious look from his face. She blinked at couple of times as they both just stared at each other.

“W-What’s wrong?” She asked.

Instead of responding with words, D.O replied by motioning at his whole body, and then tapping the bucket hat on his head and the round glasses on his nose. As soon as D.O did that, Eunmi realised what she had almost forgotten, which is D.O was an idol.

“Right, never mind,” she chuckled tensely.

During their conversation, a little boy around seven years of age was running around the place, his breathless mother striving to catch up with him. As the little boy made his way towards the roller coaster, he ran past D.O and accidentally pushing him forward. Eunmi’s back arched, almost tumbling, as D.O leaned forward but, luckily he caught her by the arm preventing her from falling.

Their chests touched and their eyes met. Eunmi’s heart rate began to quicken, as if it was trying too hard to pop out of her rib cage, and then out of her chest. She had only hoped that he was not feeling her chest vibrate.

Crap! Why did that little boy do this to me? I cannot handle. She thought.

Meanwhile … Thank you, little boy. D.O thought, laughing evilly in his mind.

In the midst of the event, a person spotted the both of them and started to make their way towards the two. The person could see who Eunmi was but, D.O’s back was on them, causing them to ponder even more.

“Yah! Jung Eunmi!” The person shouted.

Eunmi’s eyes grew wider as she saw the person walking towards them. She immediately pushed D.O away and panic seeped in to her little by little. Her heart pounded loud and fast, not because she was in close proximity with her love but, because she felt nervous.

“What is it?” D.O asked her, about to turn behind him but, Eunmi grabbed his face by the cheeks so that their eyes would meet.

“Uh … We kind of have a situation,” she mumbled.

“Huh? Situation? What?” He said, confused.

“I’m going to let go of your face now, okay? But don’t look behind you,” she instructed D.O, releasing his face from her hands. “Hye Jin’s walking towards us right now.”

“Eunmi, she’s just a classmate,” D.O rolled his eyes.

“No, you don’t understand. She was born to make my life a living hell. Just imagine what she would do if she found out that I’m here with the Do Kyungsoo, huh?”

Looking at Eunmi’s scared expression, D.O pursed his lips as he thought of something very quickly before Hye Jin could approach them. Then, he had a light bulb. Immediately, D.O took Eunmi’s hand in his as he began to run. Eunmi was shocked but, she was soon able to adjust to the speed that they were in now.

“Yah!” They heard Hye Jin yell.

Running, they could still hear the persistent shouting of Hye Jin behind them. D.O grew annoyed because, after all, he was not superhuman and he was also beginning to tire. Plus, Eunmi’s shorter legs were a disadvantage. D.O halted suddenly and bent in front of Eunmi, his back facing her.

“Get on! Hurry!” He ordered, and without hesitation, Eunmi got on his back due to the state they were in.

His hands clutched around her legs to secure her safety and she wrapped her arms around his neck to that she would not fall off. D.O started to run but, this time their speed was faster.

“What a fun day we were having,” D.O teasingly laughed.

“Aish~ Shut up and just run, eh?” She whined, taking a glance behind to find that Hye Jin was still there.

-

D.O’s Point of View

At that moment, I swear, it was the most fun I have had since a while. And for a moment, I actually felt like a normal person and not some celebrity.

Jung Eunmi …

 

Gomawo.

 


 

This was quite a long chapter. I don't know, but I like how this was written, HAHA.

VOTE and COMMENT guys if you enjoyed the chapter. Tell me what you think because, as I said before, I am not a mind reader xD

Just a self promotion, but if you have Instagram, follow @exoimagine for more one-shots and imagines ^-^

Thankchuu for reading <3