Hunches

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Third person Point of View

Sehun was woken up by the sweet smell of pancakes.

Following the scent trail, he ended up in front of the kitchen counter and was met with manager noona by the stoves. She turned to face him with a smile and waved at him with the spatula.

"Good morning, Sehun," she greeted.

"'Morning. Those smell great," Sehun complimented.

"Thank you. Sit down. These shouldn't take long," she said.

Sehun sat by the counter and took his phone out, and began scrolling through his Instagram feed (more like looking at fan accounts to see what news have risen about their band). After finding nothing so far, he went to AllThemKpop's Instagram account, which he thought he should have done first. Sehun scrolled once again and found an article that stood out: A Glance Into EXO D.O's Past.

"What is wrong with these people?" he muttered to himself, eyebrows furrowed.

"Did you say something, Sehun?" manager noona asked him.

"Uh, no, nothing."

He clicked on the link in the description box and it took him to the article. There were photos of young D.O at home and at school, all which him and the members have seen before, but as he scrolled further down Sehun found information that was new to him. There was a recommended article called Past Classmate Reveals EXO D.O's School Life.

"Seriously, what is up with all these D.O articles? That's so weird," Sehun once again muttered.

Nevertheless, he clicked on it.

The on-going scandal surrounding D.O of EXO seems to be increasing the interest of netizens more and more. It is still unclear whether he is dating recently-discovered Jung Eunmi, but that does not mean exclusive stories about the idol stops here. A middle school classmate from EXO D.O's past have stepped to the light to allow us for an interview to see what the now-famous idol was like before his debut.

Q: Were you close with D.O-ssi?

A: I would think so, but we weren't best friends. We were like the outcasts of our grade, so I guess that's what made us close.

Q: D.O was an outcast?

A: Yes, it's true [laughs]. It's hard to believe, I know.

Q: In what way was he an outcast? Why wasn't he treated the same?

A: They mocked him for wanting to become a singer. People would use to bully us, so Kyungsoo would rescue me from time to time. I even believed he liked me at one point.

Q: You refer to him as Kyungsoo and not D.O?

A: Of course, as I said, we're close.

Q: Tell us more about that. What things have you done together?

A: [pause] A lot, I guess. I used to take him to the nurse every time before P.E and we would convince her to keep us there while the class went on. We just didn't want to be hit by dodgeballs or basketballs on purpose.

Q: After some time together, did your hunch get confirmed? Did he like you back then?

A: Yes, he did. He told me himself, but since he had to become an idol we had to stop. I mean, I didn't want to prevent him from fulfilling his dream.

Q: You're very nice for doing that. Have you been in contact with D.O-ssi lately? Have you talked to him?

A: As a matter of fact, yes. I've been with the boys as well and helped them for a few months. We all grew pretty close, too, because we had Kyungsoo as a mutual friend.

Q: Last question for you, XXX. Have you also met Jung Eunmi-ssi? Because we know that she's been around EXO a lot as well.

A: No.

The idol's middle school classmate walked out right after we asked that last question. Is it hot in here or what? It looks like someone's not completely over our beloved D.O. Anyhow, who would have thought that our little cutie was an outcast, right? Comment below your thoughts and we'll see you soon with more exclusives!

"What the heck did I just read?" Sehun asked out loud, one eyebrow raised and face cringing in confusion.

"What's wrong?" manager noona asked as she set the plate of pancakes in front of him.

"Uh, I was just looking up what disease I might have. The Internet holds many strange things, noona. Very strange things."

She only laughed at that and shook her head in amusement.

As Sehun ate, he thought deeply about the recent article he read. He knew surely that whoever the interviewee was, was lying because him and the members knew that D.O wasn't close to anyone in middle school. Well, except for the nurse, who they later found out was Eunmi's older sister, Bomi, who was also his half sister. Sehun and the other members were now completely informed of the situation, but they stayed quiet about it because it wasn't theirs to deal with. All they could do was provide support.

Anyhow, something else occurred to his mind. He remembered D.O telling them before debut about not having friends, meaning not being close to anyone, but there was one girl who tried to get close. Sehun immediately dialled the hyung's phone number and as it rang, he tapped impatiently on the counter.

"Sehun? You do realise that it's the middle of the night here," D.O groggily said.

"Hyung, I may have a lead on this 'case' that I'm solving," Sehun started, then began to giggle. "I'm like a detective. This is so awesome. Detective Oh. Detective Oh Se--"

"Sehun! Stop rambling. What have you found?"

"Alright, geez. So, I found this article about one of your middle school classmates answering interview questions about you in the past. Apparently, this person was close to you."

"I wasn't close with anyone," D.O sighed.

"Exactly my thoughts, but you did say there was one girl who tried to get close to you. Do you remember her name at all?"

"I didn't bother learning anyone's name because I was a freaking outcast and might have been depressed. So, no, I don't remember her name," D.O replied sarcastically.

"Gosh, you get really annoying," Sehun groaned.

"Thanks, it's one of my good traits," D.O replied yet once again in sarcasm.

"Whatever. I think it's the person who was at the hospital, but I'm not sure yet. I just have this feeling. This person also said that she was close with the group, how funny is that?" Sehun scoffed.

"Yeah, real funny," D.O answered monotonously.

"Anyway, I'll call you back when I have other leads. Bye."

"Take care."

Sehun sighed and slumped back on his chair before mumbling, "Why do I feel like I'd solve this much faster if I was our fan?"

-

"Good morning, sunshine. The earth says hello!"

"Oh, be quiet, JHope," Jimin groaned as he turned the other way.

"Rap Monster is right about you," the former tsk-ed.

Meanwhile, in the living room, the group's maknae was scrolling through their Twitter feed.

"You've been on that thing for the past days. At least tweet our fans a selca or something," Suga mumbled, a piece of his sandwich in his mouth.

"Can't. Trying to figure out something," Jungkook replied.

"What? You're not really a cop, you know? That was just in our concept," V chuckled.

"Be quiet and eat your japchae," Jungkook hissed.

"Wow, you should eat some Snickers 'cos you're not you when you're hungry," V remarked.

"That was a good one," Jin and Rapmon laughed.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and went into a separate room, where none of his hyungs were present. He released a sigh of relief and continued to ponder over the issue he was trying to solve, which was to figure out who gave to the media the information about D.O taking care of Eunmi at the hospital.

"The person definitely knows D.O-sunbaenim and Eunmi," he muttered, "but who? Someone who had to be of near distance at one point or still is. Someone who knows them quite well. Someone who might look innocent but really isn't."

The golden maknae sat there for an hour thinking about it and finally came to an idea of who it could be.

"Her!" he exclaimed. "It definitely should be her!"


I don't even know what this chapter is omg. I'm so sorry.

But you all know who it is, right? lol

I'll see you guys in the next chap. xx