Cake Shop

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Third person Point of View

EXO songs blasted through the speakers as Eunmi got ready to head to the mall. She twirled and danced to every rhythm, humming along as she tried on different blouses that would go well with her pastel blue skirt. After a few attempts, she decided to settle with a white one - the blouse she first tried on - and tucked it in her skirt. Eunmi then pulled her new favourite white-hilled shoes, slipping them on, and grabbing her light brown clutch and hat before looking at herself in the mirror and exiting the house.

It wasn't a far walk from the bus stop, but the heat emitted by the sun made it seem as if it was. Eunmi only had to wait five minutes until the bus came, and she hopped inside, sitting on one of the seats near the front. It was a normal bus ride, that was until a man with a huge camera set draped over his shoulder entered and was walking backwards, appearing as if he was filming. Out of nowhere, Joy and Sungjae entered the bus, too, followed by another cameraman. At first Eunmi was confused, but she thought they must have still been filming for We Got Hitched.

The couple was about to walk past Eunmi, but Joy noticed her.

"Omo! Eonni, why are you here?" she asked.

"I'm going to the mall," Eunmi answered, laughing awkwardly in front of the camera that has now included her in the shots.

"Oh, okay," Joy smiled, and then turning to Sungjae. "You know my husband, Sungjae, right?"

"Of course, how can I not?" she replied humorously. "You know I'm a fan of you guys."

"Thanks, eonni," Joy giggled, then linking an arm with Sungjae's.

"Anyway, I won't hold you up. Go ahead," Eunmi told them, and the couple bid farewell before sitting at the back.

The bus only drove for ten minutes until Eunmi had to get off at the mall. She felt so giddy looking at the shops like a little kid getting excited upon entering a candy store. There were so many outlets she wanted to visit, but today she was only going to go to one. As she made her way to the shop, a couple of teenaged girls recognised her.

"Eunmi-ah~!" one of them fangirled.

"Oh, hello," Eunmi smiled politely.

"Where are you going today? Is Kyungsoo-oppa with you?" another one asked.

"I'm just going around, but no, he's not here with me right now," she replied to them.

"Aw, that's okay. We were hoping to see him," the third girl giggled.

"We'll see you next time," they chorused, and off they went to the perfume store across.

As Eunmi carried on her way, she sees a little boy crying by the bouncy castle. With eyebrows furrowed, she approached him calmly and bent her knees to get into the boy's level.

"Little boy, what's wrong?" she asked softly.

"Mommy's gone," the little boy cried, using the back of his hand to wipe his eyes.

"Shh, shh. I'll help you find your mommy, okay?" Eunmi reassured him, and the boy nodded. "Come on," she said, reaching her hand out and the little boy grabbed her hand and followed.

Eunmi took the child to the nearest counter and asked the employee behind the desk to page for the little boy's mother. However, the employee may have had some attitude problems, causing a bit of bickering.

"Look, I just need you to make an announcement that there is a lost little boy," Eunmi repeated for the third time through gritted teeth.

"And how many times do I have to tell you that I'm on my lunch break... ma'am," the lady told her, saying ma'am with attitude.

"Oh my god!" Eunmi groaned in irritation.

The little boy softly tugged Eunmi's skirt to get her attention. When she looked down at him, he wasn't crying anymore. Instead, a happy yet thankful expression filled his face.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" she asked.

"I see my mommy!" the child claimed excitedly, pointing at a worried woman in the distance. Eunmi followed his vision and released a sigh of relief, beginning to walk over to the woman. Once they reach her, the woman's eyes widened and she immediately hugged her son.

"Thank you so much," the woman thanked Eunmi.

"It's no problem at all," Eunmi smiled and the woman thanked her again before walking away with her son.

Once again, Eunmi carried on to go to the shop. This time she hoped there would be no more interruptions. However, it seemed as if she couldn't just catch a break when she tripped surprisingly over nothing and one strap of her shoe broke. She groaned in irritation and sat at the nearest bench to take it off.

"What now?" she huffed, and then scanned the area for any near shoe store. Fortunately, there was one, and so, with her broken shoe in hand and the other still on foot, Eunmi walked to the store.

As she was entering, Sandy was exiting and so the two met.

"Eunmi-ah!" Sandy exclaimed.

"Hey!" Eunmi greeted just as enthusiastic.

"How are you doing? What are you up to?"

"Right now, I just need a new pair of shoes," Eunmi chuckled, and Sandy curiously looked down at her friend's feet before lightly giggling.

"You sure do," Sandy commented. "But hey, what are you doing at the mall?"

"I'm going to that cake shop near the flower boutique," Eunmi answered.

"Oh? What for?"

Eunmi paused for a while and thought of the reason, a smile plastering on her face. Sandy raised her brow and waved a hand in front of Eunmi's face, catching her attention again.

"Sorry," Eunmi shyly apologised.

"Why are you so shy all of a sudden? Your face is blushing, too!" Sandy accused. "Now you really have to tell me why you're going to the cake shop."

"Okay, okay," Eunmi began. "I have to organise a three-layered for um... for my wedding," she continued, smiling to herself as she gazed down her feet.

"What?!" Sandy asked too loudly, the heads of the people around them turning around to her.

"Shh, don't be so loud," Eunmi warned, "you're literally the first person to know. Me and Kyungie don't wanna tell anyone yet."

"Oh my god," Sandy said, her jaw practically hanging on the ground.

"Yeah," Eunmi breathed with a smile.

"What's going on here?" a voice asked from behind Sandy. When Eunmi tilted to see who it was, she found Chanyeol standing by Sandy, and then placing a hand on her back.

"Chanyeol?" Eunmi surprisingly asked.

"Hey, Eunmi!" Chanyeol greeted, his worried expression suddenly turning into excitement as he sees her. "Wow. How long has it been? Five years? Six years?"

"Seven," Eunmi smiled.

"That long, huh? How's D.O doing? Since he moved out the dorm, we only seem to see him during our schedule."

"Sorry to steal him from you guys," Eunmi laughed. "But he's doing well. He's excited for your group's ten year anniversary."

"Ten years," Chanyeol repeated, staring into the distance in a reminisce. "It feels like yesterday we were only a bunch of awkward guys who couldn't even bow properly at our debut showcase," he said, shaking his head and chuckling.

"Time flies," Eunmi added.

"But um... Babe, why were you screaming?" Chanyeol suddenly remembered, tilting his head down to look at his beloved girlfriend.

"Oh, uh," Sandy stuttered, looking at Eunmi for some help.

"Well, I guess there's no point in hiding it from you. You'll find out sooner or later anyway," Eunmi told a curious Chanyeol.

"Find out what?" he asked.

"Eunmi and D.O are getting married," Sandy whispered to Chanyeol.

"What?!" Chanyeol shouted, again, gaining attention from the now-annoyed customers around them.

"Please don't tell anyone. Me and Kyungie want to tell everyone ourselves," Eunmi begged.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure. Of course," Chanyeol mumbled.

"Anyway, I actually gotta get going. Get shoes, organise cake, and--"

"And come home to your fiancé," Sandy giggled.

"Yeah," Eunmi blushed.

"We'll leave you to it then," Chanyeol said. "It was really nice bumping in to you. See you soon?"

"Yep, will see you soon," Eunmi replied. Sandy and Chanyeol waved and bid her farewell, walking away hand in hand. Eunmi looked at the two till they were out of sight, smiling to herself as she thought them cute. Her mind went back to the time when Sandy would deny she liked Chanyeol, and Chanyeol making it too obvious he liked Sandy.

Once Eunmi bought a new pair of, but similar-looking, shoes, she journeyed again to the cake shop. Upon arriving, she couldn't help but admire the different styles of elegant looking cakes. She couldn't believe she would be getting married to D.O. To her, it felt like only yesterday when she accidentally saw him at the sandwich shop.

"Hello there, what can I do for you?" a woman asked, bringing Eunmi out of her trance.

"Oh, hi," Eunmi greeted, walking to the counter. "I'm looking for a three-layered cake for a wedding?"

"Ah, yes! Then you would want to look at our wedding cake design books," the woman smiled.

"Books?"

"Yes. We've got six five-hundred-paged books full of wedding cake photos that we can make for your special day," the woman answered.

Eunmi just stood silent for a while. She had expected at most one book with only a hundred pages, not six books with five hundred pages each.

"We're quite famous for wedding cakes," the woman added, softly laughing.

"Um, where are the books?" Eunmi finally asked.

"Oh, yes. I will go get them for you right now," the woman said, and then walking through the door behind her, later coming our with six thick books on a trolley.

"Thank you," Eunmi politely said.

"No problem. I hope you find the perfect one. Just ring the bell on the counter when you need anything," the woman said before walking back through the same door.

Eunmi looked at the books and sighed, grabbing one of them to begin choosing.

-

As Eunmi stepped in her and D.O's house, she felt exhausted. Hearing her entrance, D.O greeted his fiancé with a warm smile and hug, and then pulling away to plant a kiss on her forehead.

"How was your day?" D.O asked.

"Ugh, tiring," she groaned.

"Why? What happened while I was away?"

"I went to the mall at the cake shop we saw about two weeks ago," Eunmi began.

"Yes, go on."

"So I went there, after a few interruptions along the way, and had to look through six five-hundred-paged books of wedding cake photos. I'm already indecisive enough. I didn't need a bajillion amazing-looking cakes to choose from."

"Did you end up choosing one?" D.O curiously asked.

"No. Out of the actual 3,000 cake photos I looked at, I narrowed to about 50. How am I supposed to choose from those?" Eunmi told D.O, pouting.

"Hey, hey," D.O cooed, holding bother her hands and pulling her against his chest. "We'll choose it together, okay? I don't like you stressing out like this. If only you let me call the wedding planner."

"I know, but I want our wedding to be perfect, you know? I feel like that won't happen if someone else plans it for us," Eunmi reasoned.

"I understand," D.O smiled, and then kissing her forehead once again. "Although it won't matter who plans our wedding because as long as it's you I'm marrying, nothing else can go wrong."

The words fell from his lips like clouds. It sounded so soothingly to Eunmi's ears. Her cheeks flushed at his words and she buried her face in the crook of his neck, feeling shy.

"What?" D.O chuckled.

"You can't do that. You can't make me feel tingly all the time. It's illegal," Eunmi lightly laughed against his skin.

"Fine, only if you promise you'll stop doing things that make me love you more," he come-backed.

Eunmi looked up to meet his eyes. "Touché."

D.O laughed in amusement at how cute his fiancé was. "God, I can't wait till I marry you."

"And I'm same with you," she smiled at him.

D.O also smiled, leaning his face down and connecting his lips with Eunmi's. His hands cupped her cheeks and her arms wrapped around his waist. When they pulled away, D.O placed a bunch of stranded hair behind Eunmi's ears and pulled her closer.

"I love you, future Mrs. Do," D.O smirked.

"And I love you, future husband," Eunmi giggled.

At that moment, the both of them felt like nothing can ever go wrong again. Like no one in the world could matter except for the one they loved. It was like a fairytale with no complications because to D.O and Eunmi, being with each other was happy ending enough.

The End.


And ta-da! There it is, the ending ㅠㅠ

Thank you guys so so so much for supporting this story and for liking it if you did. I had so much fun writing this for you all :)

I hope your expectations weren't disappointed hehe. Thanks a bunch for all the votes and comments and feedbacks <3

I will definitely keep writing more stories! I don't know when my next one will be though, but this is not the last of my books ^_^

Once again, thank you so much for keeping up and having supported Heartthrob Snob! Until next time!!

Monikeu. xo

ps:// What did you guys think of the story? :)