A sad aura

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

D.O’s Point of View

It has been a week since we announced the comeback of our group. Any idol would have been more than happy in this situation but, I was not… we all were not. Things took a turn and the boys turned out to like going back to high school, and one could only imagine how devastated we were feeling.

Suho missed all the activities non-celebrities did and wanted to take more break from responsibilities. Sehun and Kai just missed being high schoolers again. Chanyeol was badly missing Sandy; he even complained for two days straight to President Lee but, gave up when he knew he was not going to succeed. Baekhyun… well, Baekhyun and I both missed Eunmi.

It .

We were at the dorm, gathered in the living room as we discussed our current situation. It was quiet as first but, as leader, I think Suho felt the need to start the topic.

“It’ll be fine, guys. Aren’t you happy that we can make a comeback so soon?” he asked us.

“Yeah, sure,” Sehun sighed.

Once again, it was quiet. I literally did not feel like being there at all. It was like whenever we discussed it, not that we discussed often about it but, I felt kind of depressed. I know I had not known Eunmi long but, it was like she has been part of my life and being away from her felt like part of my life was taken away from me.

Well, I guessed that everyone felt the same way I did. What boggled me was the fact that they did not ask us if we were ready to make a comeback; usually they would have. Things were getting suspicious but, I was not sure, it might have been just me.

“Does anyone miss anything right now?” Kai asked.

Immediately, Chanyeol answered, “Sandy.”

“No kidding,” Baekhyun commented sarcastically, looking at the photo of Sandy that Chanyeol was hugging against his chest.

“This , you know?” Chanyeol sighed.

“Yeah, we know,” Baekhyun said.

“I like being an idol but, feeling like a normal person was nice,” Sehun said.

“True, true,” added Kai.

“I miss the school,” Suho said.

“Me too, and to think that people say they ‘hate’ going to school just makes me upset. They don’t know how working can be so hard sometimes. I would like to keep studying if I could,” Chanyeol said.

“But we’re living our dream,” said Sehun.

“Also true,” Chanyeol told him.

“Can we not talk about this, please?!” I shouted.

Their faces turned to me and plastered confused expressions. I had enough of the subject and no longer wanted to participate in the discussion. I felt both sad and angry, and I guessed that anger took over sometimes for me to be able to cope with things.

I stood up and stormed out the living room, before locking myself in my bedroom. To be honest, I did not feel like I was home and like people said, ‘home is where the heart is’, right? Well, my heart was not with me… it was at home, where Eunmi stayed.

But, I did not worry about it because I knew she would take good care of it, even if she did not know she had it.

-

Third person Point of View

The same mood wrapped around Eunmi, and school had never felt so different. Yes, EXO-K was not there long but, everyone felt like they were one of them.

Eunmi was sitting at the cafeteria, with her untouched lunch sitting on the table in front of her. She had been feeling sad all day and even the jokes made by her friends could not cheer her up. Suddenly, Sanghyun came up behind her, ruffling her hair as he sat down on her right.

“Hey, you okay?” he asked.

All the response he got was a shrug of the shoulders.

“Okay, maybe you’re not,” he concluded. “Do you want to skip fifth and sixth period? It’s only P.E anyway.”

“Do you have any idea what that’ll do to my already bad grades? I just need to be alone right now,” Eunmi told him.

“You can talk to me, you know? I am your friend, after all.”

Eunmi sighed and looked at Sanghyun’s hopeful face. He was right, Sanghyun was her friend and why would she keep things from him, right? Since he started school with his sister, all he has done was help her, especially from the sasaengs that wanted her. So, there was no potential problem… that was what she thought.

Sitting up straight on her seat, Eunmi turned slightly to face Sanghyun and began to tell him how she was feeling. Eunmi told him about her admiration for EXO K even before they had transferred to the school, and the fact that two of the members may have had feelings for her. Of course, Sanghyun was trying to contain his anger. After all, he did still like her.

“You’ll get pass this eventually,” he told her.

“I hope so,” she sighed. “Thanks for listening, by the way.”

“No problem. What are friends for, right?”

-

“Hey, do want to go grab something to eat?” Baekhyun asked D.O.

“Yeah, sure,” he replied.

As the two was about to exit the room, Kai followed behind them. D.O turned around and looked at him with no expression. The younger guy felt like the situation was a deja vu, so instead he began backing away to return to his seat.

“Kai,” D.O called to him, and Kai looked at him. “Want to come with?”

Kai’s face lit up but, at the same time he was confused. Before, D.O would just ignore everyone except for Baekhyun. What happened to him? The rest of the members exchanged glances and Sehun stood up next to Kai… well, more like behind him.

“Can I come, too?” he asked.

“Sure, whatever,” D.O said.

The four guys were about to exit, when the two uninvited members decided to join them. As they went out the dorm, fans crowded around them; taking photographs and videos of them. It took a moment, before three rather large men came and guarded the boys.

They took two taxis and rode it for twelve minutes, arriving at their favourite sandwich shop. Everyone got off the taxis and paid for their trip. While they were walking towards the shop, more fans followed them and the boys missed normal life even more. It was not entirely normal but, it was not completely an idol life either.

When they were about to enter, they heard familiar laughter coming from their right. All six members turned their heads to find the source of the sound, only to find Eunmi with Sanghyun and Sandy.

“Sandy!” Chanyeol immediately exclaimed.

It caught Sandy’s attention, as well as Eunmi’s and Sanghyun’s. D.O and Eunmi’s eyes met but, she soon averted his gaze by looking at the ground. She definitely was not expecting to see them there, and right now, her heart palpitated, not knowing how to act.

“Should we eat somewhere else?” she asked Sanghyun and Sandy.

“If you want,” Sandy replied.

“Okay, let’s go,” Eunmi said.

The three headed back from where they came from, and D.O was about to step forward to go to her but, Baekhyun held his wrist to prevent him from doing so. D.O looked at his friend, wondering what and why he was doing that. Baekhyun must have gotten what he meant and answered his thoughts.

“There are fans here, Kyung. Don’t forget that.”

Right then, D.O was brought back to reality. He looked around them and saw the puzzled faces that the fans were holding. He released a heavy sigh, before clenching his teeth together and entering the shop first.

The other members felt sad once again, especially Chanyeol, who could only see his crush for a mere thirty seconds. They sat down on the table while Baekhyun and D.O ordered their usuals.

“You okay?” Baekhyun asked him.

“I’m never okay,” D.O answered bluntly. “I’m never okay, Baek.”

Baekhyun could not say anything; he could not even comfort him because nothing was coming to mind. It was maybe because of the fact that he, too, liked Eunmi and has not moved on but, because he wanted to be a good friend, he gave her up.

Sometimes he wondered why those people he cared about would like other people who did not even give them the slightest of attention. It was hurting him, too. He wanted D.O to give him words of comfort but, instead he was the one trying to cheer him up.

The world can be unfair, Baekhyun thought.

-

“Oh my gosh, we should have never come there,” Eunmi said, face blushing in red.

“Why not?” Sandy asked her but, Sanghyun answered her instead.

“Her Kyungie was there,” he chuckled.

“Shush, eh? That was so embarrassing. I looked like a freaking potato just standing there,” she grunted.

“I’m sure he won’t mind you being a potato,” Sandy nudged her.

“Please, don’t. He doesn’t like me and he has said so before. Saying that he liked me was something he didn’t mean, so why bother?”

Sanghyun felt like he needed to protect her, be there for her and get closer to her but, could he do it? He was guilty about spying on them, and even now he was doing the job Mr Do has set him. Circumstances had him under its feet and he had no choice but to follow.

Meanwhile, back at EXO-K’s dorm, Manager Hyung has paid them a visit. Everyone was sitting around the living room again, while their hyung paced back and forth the room in front of them. D.O huffed out irritated and clicked his tongue in annoyance.

“Can you just tell us why you’re here?” he asked.

“I have news,” said Manager Hyung.

There was yet another pause.

“Well?” Suho insisted.

Manager Hyung stopped pacing and turned around to face the boys. His lips were curving up in a smile as he brought his hands together, before taking a step closer to the members. He bends down, leaning his hands on the table, before continuing.

 

“EXO-M’s coming.”

 


 

Yehet! EXO-M's coming, hehehe. I actually don't know what's going to happen next cos I just write these on the spot, but I hope it's something good xD

COMMENT what you guys think of the chapter, and VOTE if you enjoyed. Gomawoooo~!

Also, follow me on Instagram at @.exoimagine if you want to read more of my works.

Again, thank you for reading, and come again~ ^_^