Attack of something

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Third Person’s Point of View

D.O did not know what to do next. He has never apologised before, well, not to a fan, he has not. Especially a fan that he had feelings for. He did not mean for his feelings to take over him but, sometimes it was hard to control. Jealousy was new to him. A deep sigh escaped D.O’s lips as he slowly exited his bedroom, making his way over to Eunmi’s. His heart pounded in nervousness with every step; he did not even know how to begin his apology.

Bringing up his hand in front of the door, he knocked three times. No response. His eyes shifted to the ground and knocked once again but, still, there came no response. D.O was about to walk back to his room when he heard the door open. Quickly, he turned around and saw Eunmi leaning by the door frame, observing him.

“What?” she asked coldly.

“Eunmi, I… How do I begin…”

D.O could not find the words to say. He looked down and searched for any sincere words to say to her but, nothing came to mind. He felt as if something was tightening around his neck and sweat began to build up on his forehead.

“You’re sorry?” she asked. He looked up at her, welcomed by her blank expression, and with shame, he nodded. D.O did not feel like a man who should have committed to his wrongdoings, instead he felt like a little child who was being admonished. He did not like that feeling but, with Eunmi, new feelings were discovered; good or bad.

“Well, save it for someone who cares,” Eunmi retorted.

D.O could not believe it. Eunmi returned his words to him and to be completely honest, it broke his heart. He now realised how hurtful those words were. He was afraid that she might have no longer liked him. He was afraid that she would stop loving him, just like the others did. He was afraid. D.O’s head span and he felt lightheaded as he turned around to make his way back to his room. A loud banging noise was heard when he fell, hitting the wall hard, before sliding down to the ground.

Immediately, Eunmi opened her bedroom door and saw him lying there. She ran up to him and sat beside D.O, placing his head onto her lap. She started to panic in hysteria, not knowing what to do.

“Yah! Do Kyungsoo!” she yelled, tapping his face in an attempt to wake him up.

Her breathing began to get heavy and so, she did the first thing that she could think of at that time. Quickly leaving D.O for a short while, Eunmi went to her room and grabbed her phone, and then returning to him. She dialled the first person she could… Baekhyun.

“Hello?” he answered.

“Baekhyun… I know you just left but… D-D.O… He—”

“Eunmi, just take a breath, okay? Now, tell me. What happened?” he instructed. Eunmi did as she was told and calmed down by inhaling, then exhaling.

“D.O just collapsed, I think he fainted,” she said.

“Alright, I’ll be there soon. Just stay with him, okay? I know how to handle this.”

Baekhyun hanged up the phone, leaving the line dead. Eunmi set aside the hair off D.O’s sweaty forehead and placed her hand on his cheek. She was not sure of the reason why but, tears brimmed in her eyes and she could feel a heavy feeling in her chest. She could not really stay mad at him for a long time, she loved him too much, even before she met him personally.

It took Baekhyun five minutes to get there. When he went inside, he immediately went to his friend and bent down next to him. Eunmi watched as he listened to D.O’s breathing, before abruptly slapping D.O’s face.

“DO KYUNGSOO!” Baekhyun yelled. To your surprise, D.O sprung up quickly as he gasped a hefty amount of air. He looked at Baekhyun before his gaze switched to Eunmi. D.O’s mouth was about to open, about to say something but, he was not able to when Eunmi unexpectedly took him in a hug.

“Yah! You scared me, you know that?! I thought something bad happened to you, you pabo. If you do something like that again, I will kill you, got that?!” she shouted.

D.O’s eyes widened at the sudden rant. He did not expect Eunmi to say something like that to him, not after what he had done to her. Eunmi had not even realised what she just did because of the adrenaline but, D.O did and so did Baekhyun. Baekhyun looked sadly at Eunmi and accepted the fact that D.O would be the only one in her heart, no matter what he does. He sighed and forced a smile as he patted Eunmi’s shoulder.

“He’s all right now,” he chuckled.

Eunmi was brought to reality as she quickly shuffled away from D.O, face blushing in a crimson. She could not believe what she just did. Every time she was around D.O, she would just do things unconsciously. Who knew what else she could do to him? Eunmi looked at Baekhyun and nodded to acknowledge what he just said. They all stood up and escorted Baekhyun to the door, before he left.

Once alone again, D.O tried to talk to Eunmi.

“Look—”

“Save it, D.O,” she said. “I don’t care anymore, okay? What happened, happened and it doesn’t matter anymore.”

“It matters to me,” D.O said. “I shouldn’t have said what I said. I don’t know what came over me but, I am sorry. I truly am. If you can find it in your heart to forgive me… I would be very happy.”

Eunmi stared at D.O’s eyes to see if he was telling the truth or not. She felt confused; she wanted to forgive him and she did not. She was scared that if she did forgive him, the same thing might happen. Eunmi battled herself but, it came down to the predictable decision. She forgave him.

D.O smiled like he did in the photographs she had on her phone and engulfed her in an embrace. They were both unsure on what the gesture meant but, for certain, it meant that they were okay with each other. When they pulled away, a question popped in Eunmi’s mind that was just itching to get out.

“Hey, what happened? To you, I mean,” she asked.

“Oh, uh, I was having a panic attack,” D.O replied.

“Panic attack… because of me?”

“Don’t worry about it,” he began. “Good thing you called Baek. He’s the only one who knows about me having panic attacks and, well… now you know, too.”

Eunmi did not know whether it was a good thing or a bad thing. It was both, she guessed. It was a good thing that she was the second person (after Baekhyun) to know this about D.O, and a bad thing because he had a panic attack.

-

The next day, they both had to go to school again. It when fantasy had to end because of reality. Reality always won in the end and it tended to hit people in the face… and it hit hard.

Eunmi and D.O arrived to school at the same time, earning weird and strange glances from the other students. Eunmi felt terrified, fearing that someone might pounce on her for walking beside their bias whereas D.O smiled like an idiot, glad that he could walk with her. But, you know what people say, right? Opposites attract.

Out of nowhere, the new student, Sanghyun, came up and wrapped his arm on Eunmi’s shoulder and over her neck, not caring about D.O’s existence. D.O, however, could feel his face fuming red but, he reminded himself not to get jealous because it only resulted in regrettable decisions. Instead, he cleared his throat loudly, trying to get Sanghyun’s attention.

“Oh, hey there, bro,” Sanghyun greeted him.

“I’m not your bro, bro,” D.O commented.

Eunmi lightly nudged his side and gave him an ‘apologise right now’ look but, D.O was so stubborn that he walked off instead, leaving the two alone.

“What’s up with him?” Sanghyun asked Eunmi.

“Don’t worry about it. It’s Monday, after all, so everyone’s just grumpy, I guess.”

-

When Sanghyun dropped Eunmi off to her class, she felt like stabbing her eyes with a fork and feeding it to the vultures. Hye Jin was sitting on D.O’s desk, twirling her hair around her finger while he was right there. Eunmi huffed and marched down to her desk, purposely bumping onto Hye Jin on the way, causing the girl to slip off the desk. It was a bad move, though. D.O caught Hye Jin by the waist and prevented her from falling.

She stared at the sight of D.O having his arms on her enemy’s waist and began to breathe heavily in irritation. I am not jealous, I am not jealous, Eunmi kept telling herself. Although, no matter how much she lied to herself, she knew too damn well that she was, in fact, very jealous. Hye Jin saw Eunmi and smirked as if to mock her. D.O followed her line of sight and also saw Eunmi.

He gulped before letting Hye Jin go, her bottom meeting with the ground’s cold floor. She grunted in pain and looked up at D.O to fume her eyes on him.

“Yah!” she yelled.

D.O could not care less of her threats as he made his way over to Eunmi’s seat. He sat on Baekhyun’s seat next to her, and rested his head on his palm.

“Do you want to be my partner instead? I need to catch up on a lot,” D.O said.

“I already have a partner,” Eunmi answered, turning to him. “It’s Baekhyun, remember?”

Before D.O could utter a single word, the owner of the seat arrived and stood in between them, blocking their sight of each other. D.O looked up slowly to Baekhyun and smiled cheekily.

“Eunmi’s partner would like his chair back,” Baekhyun told him.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” D.O said, waving his hand in front of his face before going back to his seat.

When things seemed normal and in order, Hye Jin came to a realisation and turned around to face Eunmi and D.O. She switched her gaze back and forth between them before quickly standing up.

“Oh my gosh!” she began. “It’s you two! You two were on a date yesterday!”

The other D.O-stans who were in the same room all turned to Eunmi.

“MWO?!” they shouted.

 

I’m so dead.

 


 

Sorry this is really late. I didn't know what to write, plus, a case of laziness hit me so...

But, anyway, here it is! I hope you like it >.<

VOTE, and especially COMMENT what you guys think 'cos that would mean a lot :D

Thank you for reading <3