Realisation

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Eunmi's Point of View

You know that feeling when you've hurt someone and you feel extra bad about it than you should?

Well, let's just say that was how I was feeling about having hurt Baekhyun's heart.

It was definitely not a good feeling to have.

I couldn't even look at him the same anymore because I was too embarrassed and ashamed. I haven't talked to D.O either since things were awkward between us. Nothing was the same. Even EXO talked less to me because of the tension between the three of us and to be honest, I was tired.

So many things could only happen to a person before they break and this was my breaking point. I've had to go through a lot within seven months and I wasn't even twenty years old yet, as well! Typical girls from my school wouldn't even be able to handle all the drama I've been into.

Okay, maybe I was overreacting and exaggerating a little bit, but it was more drama than what I was used to. I mean, come on, I was just a fan-girl and no one even knew who I was, and now I was acquainted with EXO and Bangtan Boys! That doesn't just happen to anyone!

Anyway, it has been two days since my split with Baekhyun and in another five days, EXO and I would be heading our different directions. I would resume back to studying and they would begin their tour. It was good, though, because this way I would have something to occupy my mind with.

Bomi returned to the States yesterday as well, but she almost didn't after telling her what happened between me and Baek. I told her I'd be fine and she seemed to take my words for it, I think. Mother was feeling sorry for me again for another failed relationship, and I couldn't blame her, really. It wasn't her fault she bore a daughter who failed at everything.

As of this moment, I was doing something I've always been good at... nothing. I was just lying down on my bed while facing the ceiling, with thoughts running through my head. I really didn't feel like doing anything at all. Mother went out for a bit to do the groceries and my sister was no longer in the country, plus the guys I thought I'd be hanging out with were wanting no contact with me.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated beside me on the bed. As I checked to see what the cause was, I found that Jungkook sent me a message.

From: Kookie Monster

Can I come over? I know how much you're in need of some company right now :)

I smiled upon reading his message. Not long after, I sent him a reply.

To: Kookie Monster

I actually would love that. Thank you :)

Seconds later, he sent another message.

From: Kookie Monster

Great! :) I'm actually outside your door right now~

I read over it twice before laughing and making my way to our front door. I wasn't at all worried about the media anymore because firstly, I couldn't care less anymore and secondly, they lessened every week since, apparently, me, EXO and BTS' story was overrated.

I couldn't have been more thankful because school started soon and I wouldn't want to worry about the paparazzi following me even there. I thought they'd bother me till the end, but thankfully not.

As I opened the door, I saw him standing there with a sheepish grin, holding two bags of chips in one arm and a bunch of movies with the other.

"Fancy watching some movies?" he asked me, stepping inside as I closed the door behind him.

"Anything sounds good since I've been doing nothing all day," I told him.

"Really? Wow, you sloth," he chuckled, placing everything down on the living room table.

"Hey!" I whined.

"Okay, sorry," he grinned. "Which one first... Little Rascals or Baby's Day Out?"

"The first one," I smiled.

Jungkook set up the movie for us before taking his seat beside me. When it started playing, I tried to focus on it and not think about D.O or Baekhyun. If anything, they were the last thing I wanted to think of.

-

"Dear Darla,

I hate your stinkin' guts. You make me vomit. You're scum between my toes!

Love,

Alfalfa."

We literally said the dialogue at the same time because the movie was such a classic. In movie renting stores, it might have been in the children's movie section, but it was definitely one of my favourites.

I mean, who wouldn't love little, young Bug Hall with this streak of hairs standing up? It was totally adorable.

Anyway, after that part, we had already finished both bags of chips. Well, I might have eaten most of it due to probable emotional eating, but whatever. It wasn't like I had some boyfriend to impress anymore.

"I'll go make some black tea, you want one?" I asked, standing up and turning to him.

"Huh?" he asked, looking at me. "Oh, no. I'm fine."

When I entered the kitchen, I got my favourite blue cup and one black tea bag, placing it inside the cup before boiling some water. As I stood there waiting for it to heat, I noticed a piece of paper stuck in between the fridge and the cupboard beside it.

I bent down to pick it up, and when I did, I couldn't help but stare at it. It's been a while, so I had totally forgotten about it. It was the note D.O left for me that morning he was gone because of their comeback.

The paper was wrinkled, but the words were still visibly clear: Good morning! I made breakfast for you. Have a good day today. From, Kyungie-ya <3

The tears brimmed my eyes as I continued to stare at it. I remembered how happy I was when I read it because that was the first time he let me call him Kyungie. But I could also remember it signifying like a goodbye note.

Right in the kitchen, I burst out in tears, burying my head in my palms. I probably looked pathetic right now. I was so messed up. It wasn't like I chose the things that happened to me to happen.

Few minutes later, I heard Jungkook come into the kitchen.

"Hey, what's taking so l--"

He stopped once he saw me bawling on the kitchen floor. Jungkook ran towards me and bent down, wrapping an arm around my back.

"What's wrong?" he asked with concern.

"I don't know what to do anymore, Kook. I'm so confused," I sobbed.

There was a short silence between us, but it was soon broken by his voice.

"You can go out with me instead," he blurted.

"What?" I asked in shock, looking at his face with furrowed eyebrows.

"I was totally kidding," he chuckled lightly.

"That wasn't funny!"

"I'm sorry," he said. "Lighten up, Eunmi. I know you're hurting right now, but I'm positive Baekhyun-sunbaenim is hurting a lot, too. I saw how genuine he was about you and finding out you kissed D.O-sunbaenim... Well, let's just say if I was in his situation, I wouldn't even talk to the girl again."

"So you're saying he hates me now?" I softly asked, hiccupping.

"No," he sighs. "He's different. He's very kind and he's not that type of person. The most he probably feels right now is upset and disappointed... and hurt. Just give him time."

"I-I know that, but what I'm confused about is me. I don't even know what I'm feeling anymore," I cried, leaning on his shoulder.

"I know you've liked, or maybe even loved, both of them. But when you wake up in the morning and by the end of the night, you're thinking of the same person, then he's probably the one you truly have feelings for."

The tears have stopped flowing now. I stood up slowly, with Jungkook's hand placed on my back for support in case I collapse or something.

But he was right, there was only one person. Right then, I knew who I really liked... No. Who I loved.


Jungkook's got jams OuO

I don't even leave cliffhangers anymore. Man, I should really bring those back.

Anyway, comment below your emotions about this, haha. And Vote if you ship JungMi's friendship c: xx