Manager Hyung's ways

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Third person Point of View

It has been almost two months since everything happened. EXO had made their comeback and their fans were still as wild as ever. The busy schedule kept them occupied and it was something that diverged their thoughts from going a sort of depressing path, especially for D.O. Although they were glad to have been performing again, deep down they knew it was just all an act that they were pulling off to not draw suspicions from fans. EXO-M, who knew nothing before, was feeling the same as their EXO-K brothers.

As EXO drove one Saturday morning pass the school EXO-K went to, they decided to stop for a little while and wander around in order for a bit of peace of mind. They walked around everywhere, went to classrooms, the cafeteria, with Chanyeol doing the talking mostly, and mostly about Sandy. When they got to their used-to-be classroom, everyone went inside and sat on the desks. D.O did not go to his desk, though, but Eunmi’s. As he sat down, he noticed that there were carvings on the desk, but what he noticed more was his name on it.

It said: “Kyungie-oppa, saranghae forever.”

There was something else written beside it, but it was scratched and it was difficult to make out what it said. D.O clenched his teeth and balled his hands into fists as he stared at the writing, he then ran his fingers over it and without even realising, tears began to brim his eyes. When his tear dropped, he shook his head and wiped his eyes.

Baekhyun, who sat on his right, noticed that his friend’s head was down and he felt obliged to know what the matter was. Carefully, Baekhyun leaned in near D.O, tilted his head and patted him on the back, causing D.O to look up at him.

“Kyung, are you okay?” Baekhyun asked.

“I don’t know,” he replied, shaking his head.

“Why do you torture yourself, man? Don’t sit at her desk,” Baekhyun told him worriedly, while sighing.

“I miss her, Baek. I miss my weirdo.”

Your weirdo? Well… we are going to see her today since it’s the weekend and you know what Manager Hyung said, right? You’re not completely not going to see her.”

“Shut up, can’t I have my moment here?” D.O chuckled, before standing up and heading outside.

“What? What did I say?” Baekhyun laughed, and then following behind him.

The tour of the school did not last long because EXO still had a busy schedule to fulfil. They headed for their van and drove to M! Countdown, where they were greeted by many fans who were screaming and shouting their names enthusiastically. D.O had put on his ‘squishy’ self for the fans and waved and smiled at them.

The group was rushed to their dressing room as they had wasted time with the school visit. There was no room for chattering because EXO was to perform in twenty minutes, and considering that there was twelve of them, one could only imagine what stress the stylists were under. The boys, though, could only laugh at the situation for no apparent reason. Such kids, they were.

When it was time for them to perform their comeback song “Overdose”, fans were once again going wild, waving banners here and there, screaming names on the top of their lungs and whatever things fans did during their idol’s performance.

It was a great performance for EXO, indeed. After their comeback stage, they were huffing and puffing, and they felt good hearing their fans’ cheer again. Once they entered their dressing room to change back to clean clothes, they were welcomed by Eunmi and Manager Hyung. D.O was so happy to see her again that he briskly walked up to her and hugged her without even realising.

The other members were surprised at first, but their expression soon turned into mischievous grins and smirks, and D.O was starting to feel the stares he and Eunmi were receiving. Slowly, he released her from his embrace and they both looked around to everyone, with Eunmi’s cheeks fast glowing in crimson.

“Someone’s in a good mood,” Sehun said.

“Maknae, can you not?” D.O asked him.

“Yeah, maknae, can you not?” Kai repeated.

The other members looked at him and when Kai turned to Baekhyun, the fellow friend only shook his head as if saying ‘don’t even try, it’s lame’. They all soon burst into laughter and this was cue for Manager Hyung to manage them because, after all, that was his job and if he liked it, he would do a very good one to keep it. Of course, Eunmi helped with managing them because it was her purpose for being there.

“Eunmi, can you help EXO-K over there and I’ll help EXO-M,” he told her.

“E…EXO-K?” she turned around and looked at them, before asking this to herself.

With a heavy sigh, Eunmi began to walk towards the boys and they all looked at her as she approached them. It was amazing to the group, even to herself, the way in which she does not even ‘fan-girl’ at the sight of them anymore. Maybe it was the fact that hit her saying that EXO are humans, too.

Well… maybe she does still fan-girl a little.

Look at that freaking squishy face of his! ASDFGHJKL, she thought. Eunmi was not realising that she was smiling to herself like an idiot, and EXO-K could only raise their eyebrows as they watched her. Sehun was not able to hold it in anymore and so, he burst out in laughter, hitting Kai who sat beside him.

Eunmi was brought back to reality and she looked at them looking at her looking at them, it was like lookception. Anyhow, she proceeded to help them with getting make-up off and other things that were needed attending to every after performances. When she was up to assisting D.O, she breathed out slowly and her hands shook when about to touch his face. D.O, who felt that she was a bit nervous, held her hand, smiled at her and took the cloth from her.

“I can take my make-up off,” he told her softly.

 “Okay,” she said, before quickly turning her back on him and shuffling towards the couch.

D.O chuckled silently to himself, thinking how cute and adorable Eunmi was. He then shook his head and began to wipe the make-up from his face.

[[Author-nim is getting tingly feelings, HAHA]]

-

On the way back to EXO’s dorm was rather filled with chattering until it got to the point where everyone was hit with fatigue and it was silence that then surrounded them. Eunmi, who was purposely placed beside D.O by Manager Hyung, fell asleep. Although she fought hard in the beginning not to fall on D.O’s shoulder, she was defeated; her eyes closed and her head rested on D.O. He was looking out the window when she fell asleep, and when he felt her head on his shoulder, immediately, he turned to look at her.

D.O’s eyes widened, but they soon transformed into sincere smiles as they stared at her. He looked at the other members who were in the van with them… they were also asleep and so, carefully, D.O pecked a soft kiss on the top of her head and yet another smile plastered on his face. Soon after, he, too, got sleepy and he rested his head on hers.

Manager Hyung, who was at the driver’s seat, could see all that was happening from the rear view mirror. He was happy to find the change that was starting to occur in D.O and he thought that having him stay at her house for that short while has paid off.

“He’s finally growing up,” Manager Hyung quietly said, before smiling at his accomplishment.

-

Back at Mr. Do’s company building, he sat with two clients who wanted to merge their business with his. Even though the clients’ business was a great shot in Korea, it had no potential growing bigger in countries outside Korea. It was going to do no good with his company and its plans.

“I’m sorry, but I am in no position as of now to proceed with any merging. Perhaps, in the future when my company is not at its lowest peak, I hope you can understand this,” Mr. Do told them, and the clients were able to happily agree.

When they left, Jokwon, who stood at the back the whole time, walked towards his boss.

“You’re going to merge businesses in the future, sir?” he asked.

“god, no. I only told them that to get rid of them. Have you seen their business, Jokwon? It has no potential whatsoever. They will only drag my company down along with their dignity,” Mr. Do replied.

Jokwon could do nothing else but to bow to acknowledge his boss’ reply. He then stood up straight, took a step back and informed Mr. Do of some news.

“Sir, it appears as if D.O and Eunmi still see each other, although not every day, they still see each other.”

“Why does that woman’s child keep coming back? What does she want?!” he shouted.

“Also, Sanghyun is waiting downstairs for you, sir,” Jokwon continued.

“Sanghyun? What does he want now?” Mr. Do asked in annoyance.

“Sir?” Jokwon asked in confusion, and Mr. Do sighed then.

“Just send him up here.”

Jokwon did as his boss told him and called for Sanghyun. Once the boy entered, Mr. Do had put on a plastic smile to welcome him. He told Sanghyun to sit down and even offered for some beverages, but all in which Sanghyun declined.

“What can I do for you, Sanghyun? Why have you come?”

“I tried calling you, s-sir, but you haven’t answered any of them,” he replied.

“Ahh, yes,” Mr. Do began. “Sanghyun, you see, I have been very busy and it was unfortunate because I have been meaning to inform you with something. I no longer need you to spy on my son and Eunmi, but of course, I am still giving you the money for those times you have.”

“Did I do something wrong, sir?” Sanghyun asked as he felt confused.

“No, you did perfectly well what I have asked of you.”

“Then, why, sir? May I know the reason why I’m being let go?”

“Sanghyun, be with your family; your sister and your mother. They need you more than I need your service. Now, I’m going to give you money, enough to provide for the three of you,” Mr. Do said.

“Alright, sir, if you say so.”

Mr. Do smiled at him and motioned for Jokwon to hand him his cheque, before writing down a sufficient amount of money for Sanghyun. When Sanghyun had received the cheque in his hands, he bowed to Mr. Do and left without another word. Jokwon watched in uneasiness as Sanghyun left, fearing that one day Mr. Do might do the same thing to him.

“That kid asks too many questions,” Mr. Do commented.

Jokwon said nothing in return and only smiled, before returning to his desk outside Mr. Do’s office.

“Now, however am I going to get rid of that Eunmi from Kyungsoo’s life?” Mr. Do asked himself as he tapped his fingers on the table.

-

When the van arrived at EXO’s dorm, it was Manager Hyung’s job to wake everyone up and this was usually the hardest thing to do. He got down from the driver’s seat and walked to the side door, before sliding it open and placing his hands on his hips as he looked at the sleeping handsomes.

“Hey, guys, wake up!” he said.

Nothing.

“We’re here!”

Still nothing.

Manager Hyung pursed his lips and thought of upstaging his game, since he was sure that shouting “The van’s on fire!” would not work the second time. As he scanned his eyes around the boys, he stopped at the sight of D.O and Eunmi, before a grin appeared on his face.

“Wah! D.O and Eunmi are kissing!”

At that moment, the members’ eyes shot wide open and all turned their heads to where D.O and Eunmi sat.

“What? Where? Huh?” was what was heard from them.

They were disappointed to find that Manager Hyung was lying, and D.O and Eunmi looked at the members before looking at each other and finding that they slept while having their heads resting on one another. Quickly, they backed away from each other and cleared their throats awkwardly, before everyone started getting off the van.

“Good job, hyung,” Chen said, patting their manager’s shoulder as he hopped off the van.

“You got us again,” Chanyeol said.

It was D.O and Eunmi who got off last and when Eunmi was about to get off, she accidentally caught her leg on the seat’s metal bar underneath and nearly fell of the vehicle. Lucky for her, D.O got off beforehand and was able to catch her in his arms. Their eyes met and their arms were around each other, before both realised the position they were at.

“Um, you can put me down now,” Eunmi said shyly.

“Oh, y-yeah,” D.O stuttered as he slowly placed her feet on the floor.

Manager Hyung, who was there the whole time (of course, because he had to close and lock the van) smirked mischievously. He purposely walked in between them in a fabulous way while ‘coughing’ the words “Love birds”. D.O and Eunmi turned their heads at the same time to him and he just shrugged his shoulders.

When Manager Hyung entered the dorm before them, it was the both of them alone.

“You can go first,” Eunmi told D.O and he did not refuse.

As she walked behind him, she could not help but laugh silently to herself. I fell for him… literally, she thought. Why am I so ‘pun’ny?

When D.O and Eunmi went inside, a watcher watched them as they did so, obviously they watched because watcher (duh?). They balled their fists together and their teeth clenched in anger, annoyance and irritation. What EXO and the rest did not know was that they were being followed ever since they left from their performance. It was none other than Hye Jin.

“I knew it! I freaking knew there was something going on with those two!” she hissed. “But, I can’t let her get in the way. I saw him first and I will get him... 

… no matter what!”

 


 

I'm sorry for the really really late update, everyone! >///< I seriously had a major writer's block for this fan-fic and I felt so frustrated because even I was starting to forget what happened the previous chapter (HAHA).

If you did forget what happened, just re-read the previous chapter or two to get your head wrapped around the story again. Once again, I'm sorry :c

Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter. Do COMMENT below because I love what you guys have to say and/or think, and VOTE, too~

Thank you for reading <3