Diverged

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Third person Point of View

The night at the Jung residence could not have been more awkward. Eunmi and D.O sat in the living room like strangers and hardly spoke ten words to each other, apart from the constant sorry’s that D.O attempted to make. He tapped and fiddled with his fingers unconsciously as he watched Eunmi ignore his very existence.

“I am sorry, you know,” he said to her.

She did not respond.

“You can’t ignore me forever,” he added.

Once again, there was not response that came from her. She switched on the television and Music Bank came up, a performance of “Voodoo Doll” from VIXX had appeared. Eunmi was not only an admirer of EXO K and M but, she was also fond of other groups, VIXX being one of them.

“Ugh! Leo’s too cute,” she commented, catching D.O’s attention.

“He’s so shy and so innocent. So adorable,” she added.

D.O rolled his eyes and mimicked her quietly, cursing his fellow idol friend of having caught a bit of Eunmi’s admiration. He attempted, once again, of apologising to her but, like before, Eunmi would not utter a single word.

“Can you just please say something? Anything will do,” D.O said.

“No,” Eunmi replied to him.

“Good enough,” he smiled to himself.

The next hour consisted of Eunmi’s compliments towards other groups that performed, while D.O wondered to himself why he always ended up being so stupid that he had to apologise to her (again). He thought that he had apologised to her more times within months that he had with others in all his lifetime. It was all rather puzzling to him.

When Eunmi was tired, her yawn gave D.O signal that she was feeling so. Immediately, he got up from his seat and, without notice, lifted Eunmi in a bridal style. Shocked as she was, Eunmi protested and, though lightly, hit his chest repeatedly.

“I must take you to your bedroom,” D.O told her.

“Wae?!” she shouted childishly.

“Yawning is like a person’s way of saying ‘I only have 20 per cent battery left’. You need to be full charged, therefore I must put you to bed,” he answered confidently.

“Pabo!” she began. “I don’t need to be put to bed. I’m not a child anymore!”

Despite Eunmi’s protests, D.O continued with his journey in putting the girl he liked to bed and was in a task of getting her to fall asleep. Being a ‘fangirl’, it was a quite a difficult job as, almost everyone knew, fangirls could be the stubborn type. But, he had managed to successfully take her to her bedroom and lay her to bed comfortably.

As D.O was about to exit the room, he turned around to her and sighed with the hope that maybe she would at least thank him for carrying her. He anticipated it but, it never came. Eunmi lay on her bed and had wrapped the covers over her head, pretending to sleep.

“Are you still not going to talk to me, Eunmi-ah?” D.O asked.

“Why did you follow me?” she finally said, bringing a smile on his face.

D.O closed the door behind him and proceeded to sit on the chair near the bed. He felt nervous in admitting that it was because of his jealousy that led him all the way to the park, and taking Baekhyun with him, too! His certainties of himself not being capable of experiencing feelings such as jealousy made him feel like he did not even know himself at all. In fact, he was sure that never in his course of life would he feel jealous.

While he looked at Eunmi’s face of anticipation of his explanation, something in him felt electrifying. Though still unknown to him, seeing her brought him in a state of vulnerableness and it seemed as if she might have been his kryptonite. It was both sweet and dangerous.

“Well?” she urged.

“This is so stupid,” he whispered to himself but, it reached Eunmi’s ears for her to hear as well.

“Well then, if it’ll make you feel stupid, I suggest you leave my room and leave me alone. Sorry for making you feel this way. Goodbye.”

“No, no! I just… it’s not stupid, okay? It’s my mistake. The reason why you found me and Baekhyun earlier was because… because I… I was, in some way, feeling quite jealous. There, I said it. I was jealous, okay?”

Eunmi was confused. She knew and believed that D.O did not have any reason to be jealous of Sanghyun, or of anyone. There was no way that he would have been jealous just because she accepted an invitation from him to eat with his family. But, then again, she has been made aware of several times before of D.O’s feelings towards her.

“Are you sure?” was what came from her.

“Yes, I’m sure. I think I perfectly know what being jealous feels like,” D.O replied.

“Really, how so?” she asked him.

“I’ve been jealous before, not in a romantic sort of way but, I have been jealous. To be honest, I’ve always been jealous of the fact that people always favoured Baekhyun over me. It might have been my intimidating looks but, I can’t always help it. I can’t help being a snob most of the time and frankly, I sometimes detest myself for being one. I know that I am least liked out of all the members, not coming from the fans but from people we personally know. Fan don’t know half of what I am, except for one… you.”

Upon hearing D.O’s explanation, she did not know whether to feel overjoyed that he was jealous because of her or sad because of how he actually felt of himself. She was not expecting such depth from his explanation but, it made her know him more. Eunmi knew deep inside that she could never stay mad at him for long; she has tried before, and failed. It just seemed physically and emotionally impossible for her.

“People don’t always favour Baekhyun over you, you know,” she told him. “There are people who are very fond of you and would think of you rather more often than Baekhyun. Maybe you should open your eyes more and stop feeling sorry for yourself.”

D.O stared at her in wonder, thinking whether she was talking of herself or of other people he did not know in general. But, her words brought him comfort and promised him that he would try to not feel sorry for himself. D.O, thinking of the previous occurrence, thought that maybe she had forgiven him, or else she would not have said such kind words to him.

Although not showing it on his appearances, he was smiling widely inside and felt very happy that she thought more often of him. Can I trust that you really like me, Eunmi? He thought to himself. He did not know that, unconsciously, his lips were forming into a slight smile and Eunmi could not help but be curious of the reason behind it.

“Why are you smiling?” she asked him.

“What? I’m not smiling,” he replied quickly.

“Yes, you are. There it is right there,” she pointed to his face.

“Not smiling,” he said again.

“I can see it, D.O.”

“Not smiling.”

“Yah! Are you teasing me right now?” she shouted, sitting up on her bed.

“Am I?” he smirked.

Unexpectedly, Eunmi jumped off of bed and D.O quickly got up from his seat to run outside the room. Eunmi followed with eagerness, wanting to hit him – maybe only for a couple of times. They chased each other around the house like children and laughed and panted when they grew tired.

Outside the house, though, they did not know that an anonymous person stood. It was the very person whom Mr. Do hired to investigate and follow the two wherever they went. He took photographs of their enjoyment and dialled his boss’ number.

“Yes?” Mr. Do answered.

“Sir, I think you’d be very pleased to know that I found where your son is staying in the time of their hiatus.”

“Tell me,” he said.

“He is living with that girl you informed me with, Jung Eunmi.”

It was enough to boil Mr. Do’s irritation and anger inside. He ended the call without notice and thought of the hurt his son would go through once he knew who Eunmi really was. Although he felt angry, he could not help but partially blame himself for the matter. If the things that happened years ago did not happen, then maybe things would have made a positive turn at present.

He sat on his chair pondering and deciding on what to do. At this moment, though with different motives, he planned on doing the same thing as Baekhyun… separate D.O from Eunmi.

 

“It has to be done,” Mr. Do muttered. “It just has to be.”

 


 

LOL, I almost forgot about that investigator that Mr. Do hired xD

Anyway, what did you guys think, eh? COMMENT down below 'cos I love reading what you think :D and VOTE if you enjoyed it.

Gomawo for reading~ <3