So close

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Third person Point of View

Cameras flashing.

Girls screaming.

Security overflowing.

Incheon airport has never been so crowded unless the arrival of the boys was heard of. EXO-M tried to get past the fans that were now starting to push each other, in the attempt to get a glimpse of the boys. They were protected by the airport’s security, but it still seemed hopeless. All they could do was to wait until they got outside, where their car waited.

As the members finally stepped outside, the door to the van was opened for them and they hopped inside. They sighed out in relief and settled themselves comfortably on their seats as they proceed to buckle their seat belts.

“Finally ending our hiatus… our very short hiatus,” member, Chen, chuckled.

“Yeah, it was awfully short, but I wish we could’ve stayed a bit longer,” said Xiumin.

“I can’t wait to see Sehunie,” Luhan said.

The other members rolled their eyes because it was so typical of Luhan. He was best acquainted with Sehun, so it was normal for him to be excited in seeing his friend again.

“Why do you think our hiatus was so fast though?” asked Chen.

“They can’t wait to see us,” replied Tao.

“Yeah, but it’s not really up to the fans, now is it?”

“Maybe they solved the problem about D.O’s father’s company,” Xiumin said.

Everyone began to discuss the situation, but they were also talking about how excited they were in seeing their K brothers again. It has been quite a few months and communicating through social networking sites did not suffice their longer of hanging out with one another again.

During the course of their conversation, they noticed that one member was keeping quiet and was not participating in their discussions.

“Yo yo yo, galaxy~” Luhan called to their leader.

“What?” replied their leader, Kris.

“Don’t be such a mood-downer, man,” answered Luhan.

“I’m trying to catch up on sleep. As you probably couldn’t have realised, I had to take care of five silly little kids,” he said sarcastically.

“I’m older than you,” Xiumin commented.

“You don’t act like one,” Kris replied.

“Oooh, burn,” Chen laughed. “Let’s just not disturb duizhang. He gets cranky when he’s sleepy.”

The EXO-M members’ journey to the dorm lasted nearly an hour and when they reunited with EXO-K, the laughter and the greetings filled the place. For a short moment, EXO-K forgot how their situation was still saddening. D.O was the first to return to his serious state, and when Baekhyun noticed, he soon had the same feeling.

Both sat down in the living room, while they waited for the other ten members, and Manager Hyung, to gather there. It was silent at first, but Baekhyun’s voice echoed through and it was no longer silent.

“Is your father’s business okay now?” he asked D.O.

“It’s the same as when we began our hiatus,” replied D.O.

“Then why—”

“Exactly what I’ve been thinking. Why are we having a comeback when the reason for our hiatus in the first place has not even been resolved?”

D.O and Baekhyun were soon joined by the other members. They sat around the living room and conversed even more. None were aware of D.O and Baekhyun’s quiet and distant aura from the rest, until Chanyeol began to look around and saw the two.

He sighed gloomily and his face dropped when Sandy came to mind. Soon the rest of EXO-K’s members were quiet and EXO-M halted their laughter, noticing the sudden awkward atmosphere.

“Are you guys alright?” asked Chen.

“I miss Sandy,” Chanyeol whined.

“Here we go again,” Baekhyun sighed.

“W-Who’s Sandy?” Kris asked, raising an eyebrow (his fabulous eyebrow, by the way).

“I don’t know what you guys did in China, but we returned to high school. Chanyeol has this little, I mean big, crush on Sandy,” Baekhyun explained.

“And someone else liked a certain girl,” Kai ‘whispered’.

Immediately, D.O and Baekhyun looked at him and Kai avoided their gazes, turning to Sehun and talking to him. D.O clenched his teeth and was about to walk towards him, but Baekhyun knew and held his wrist to prevent him from doings things that he could have regretted.

D.O sat back down and kept quiet. When Manager Hyung finally came, only EXO-M greeted him and the other six members only saw the person standing behind their hyung. Shyly and awkwardly standing at the back was Eunmi. D.O and Baekhyun exchanged glances and they asked why she was there.

“She’s going to be helping me out during the weekends,” he replied, and then turned to D.O. “D.O, you know Eunmi, right? Well, you did live with her for a short while. I want you to show her around, make her feel welcome here.”

Eunmi and D.O’s eyes widened, and she forced herself to step forward, knowing that EXO’s attentions were all fixed on her. In a small voice, Eunmi spoke.

“Can’t Kai or Sehun show me around instead?” she asked.

Immediately, Kai stepped forward and linking his arm with Eunmi. EXO-M stood there feeling confused and they wondered even more as to what happened to EXO-K during their break.

“I’ll show her around!” Kai said.

“Not fair, I wanted to do it, too,” Sehun pouted.

Manager Hyung clicked his tongue. “Aish, both of you give her a tour around then.”

The maknaes smiled triumphantly and they began to show Eunmi around. Kai was linked on Eunmi right and Sehun was linked on her left while they walked. It was silent between the three of them for a while, but Kai soon broke that silence.

“We’ll introduce you to EXO-M when we’re done,” he said.

Eunmi nodded her head.

“Are you close with D.O-hyung?” Sehun asked. “You seemed so upset when—”

Kai glared at Sehun to indicate for him to stop and so Sehun did. Eunmi looked at the ground and decided that she might as well tell them what really is going on and what she was feeling. The decision felt awkward because she was not as close to them as she was with Baekhyun, but she knew that they could be trusted.

Sighing heavily, she stopped walking and unlinked her arms with them, stepping forward to face both Kai and Sehun.

“I think Kai already knows a bit of what’s happening, but Sehun doesn’t. You know that I like D.O a lot, right?” she asked Sehun.

Sehun nodded.

“It’s a really long story, but there was one time when he said he liked me and then there was a time when he said he didn’t like me. It’s all so confusing, but the point is, I feel really sad and seeing D.O is just… it’s just upsetting.”

“We felt really sad, too,” Sehun said, frowning.

“It was all so sudden as well,” Kai added, pursing his lips.

The three of them thought about what Kai said and all agreed, but they did not dwell on the thought long as one of EXO-M’s member came to join them. Lay was the most curious in EXO-M about Eunmi and so he walked up to the three, before tapping the back of Kai’s shoulder.

“Oh, Lay!” Kai said.

“Olay~” Eunmi giggled.

The three boys looked at her surprised and blinked their eyes a couple of time. A giggle soon escaped her lips and she bowed down, apologising to them.

“So, this is Eunmi-ah?” Lay asked.

“You’ve heard of me?” she furrowed her eyebrows.

Kai and Sehun switched their attentions to Lay and waited for his answer.

“No, Manager Hyung said your name earlier,” Lay continued.

The maknaes burst out laughter, hitting each other’s shoulder and not even realising that they were making derp faces. Eunmi could not help but to giggle again because Lay was cuter that she had expected. Her heart raced because, after all, she was still a fan.

When Kai and Sehun had calmed down, they linked their arms with Eunmi again and proceeded to continue the tour. Lay scratched the back of his head and felt awkward just standing there. He paced back and forth, deciding on whether to join them or to go back, but he chose the second option.

-

After the tour of the dorm, Kai, Sehun and Eunmi returned to the living room and everyone’s attentions were on them. D.O watched as Eunmi made her way to the empty space on the couch beside Manager Hyung. He could not stop staring at her; he could not keep his eyes off of her. It seemed as if the weeks he has not seen her has made him attracted to her more.

His heart raced and his palms sweat upon seeing her again. D.O was about to walk up to her, but Kai spoke and so he was forced to remain in his seat.

“Guys, meet Eunmi,” Kai began, and then pointing to EXO-M members, he introduced them. “This is Luhan, Tao, Chen, Xiumin, Lay and Kris. You already know them, but they don’t know you so… yeah…”

“She knows us?” Luhan asked.

“Yeah, she’s our fan!” Sehun exclaimed.

“That’s weird,” Kris muttered.

“So D.O was living with a fan?” Xiumin asked and the rest of EXO-M cringed at the thought. They could not imagine living with a fan, perhaps it was because of the thought that they could have been sasaeng fans.

“And so what?” D.O asked back, rather coldly.

“I’m just saying—”

“Don’t say anything,” D.O interrupted.

Everyone went quiet and Eunmi felt even more awkward and out of place. Manager Hyung huffed out in irritation, before clapping his hands together and walking to the middle of the room, grabbing the boys’ attentions.

“Let’s not fight about small things, shall we? You just saw each other. Anyway, talking about your comeback, you have an interview tomorrow with Sukira Kiss The Radio. Ryeowook is really excited to see you all again.”

“When are we going to practice?” asked Suho.

“Practice starts after your interview. President Lee really wants you boys to make a really good comeback with Overdose,” their hyung answered.

“Overdose?” Eunmi asked. She thought that she was only thinking it, but it came out, audible to everyone.

“You’ll have to wait and see,” Baekhyun winked.

-

Time at the EXO dorm went by too quickly and it was now time for Eunmi to head back home. She was about to exit, but Manager Hyung told her to wait because he had to use the men’s room really quickly. While hyung made his way there, D.O finally saw the opportunity and approached her.

“Eunmi,” he called to her. She turned around and her breath hitched, not knowing what to do.

“Uh, hey,” she laughed nervously.

“How’ve you been?” he asked.

“Good, I’m good. You?” she asked.

“I’ve been good, too.”

They looked around in awkwardness, with each trying to think of questions to keep the conversation flowing, although it was really D.O who had to do it because he was the one who approached her.

“I’m just going to come out and say it,” he began. “Eunmi, I miss you, okay? I really, really do.”

She was surprised at what he said and was not even expecting him to say such a thing. Even though she was thinking this way, her heart skipped a beat and she felt warm inside. Her face was feeling hot and so, she looked at the ground immediately, but D.O thought she did this because she did not wish to hear it.

His heart sank and he rubbed the back of his neck, wishing he had not said it in the first place. When she lifted her head up, their eyes met and the aura was noiseless; peaceful, and then slowly, D.O began to lean closer to Eunmi.

Without breaking eye contact, he stared into her eyes and then at her lips. Eunmi wanted to avoid his gaze and to step backwards to distance herself, but her body was not cooperating with her and instead she stood still on her spot.

When their faces were only centimetres apart from each other, D.O tilted his head to the side and closed his eyes. Eunmi knew what was coming and so she did the same, except she had shut her eyes tighter than he had. He was coming closer and closer, but…

“Okay, let’s go.”

Both of them heard Manager Hyung’s voice from the hallway and so, D.O pulled away and Eunmi was finally able to control her body as she stepped back. Their hearts were beating so fast, too fast to be exact, that it was kind of hard for them to breathe. Eunmi gulped and wondered what just happened while D.O was cursing himself in his mind.

When Manager Hyung came, he smiled and tapped D.O on the arm, before he let Eunmi exit first. D.O watched as they left and he placed his hand over his chest, where his heart is. He shook his head and asked himself what on earth he was doing.

 

I think you just made things more awkward. Great job, Kyungsoo, great job, he thought to himself.

 


 

I think I used the word 'awkward' too many times in this, HAHAHA. But, omg~ 

COMMENT what you guys think of this :O VOTE if you enjoyed, hehe.

Thank you for readddinnnng :DD