Outside the gates

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

D.O’s Point of View

The past three days at the house was awkward. After the whole class found out about Eunmi and Baehyun’s kiss, Eunmi took absence from school, probably not wanting to face the reality that the students were still talking about what happened.

She was going to school today, not because she was ready, but because her mother had forced her to go. I understood why Soo Yeon wanted her daughter to go, I mean, after all, how can going to school hurt, right?

I stood outside the gate waiting for Eunmi, I thought this was the time I told her what the photo meant from couple days ago. I was so sure I was ready to tell her everything, but when the door opened and she was walking towards the door, my sudden confidence drifted and I had no choice but to hide behind one of the large disposing bins from across the road.

You’re a wuss, Kyungsoo. I told myself.

When Eunmi was about ten metres away, I decided to follow. I was headed to school after all. It was a weird feeling I got while walking behind her, I felt as if I just wanted to give her a hug from behind. I was aware that girls loved that. But obviously, I could not do that.

“Why do you like Baekhyun?” I whispered to myself.

-

Eunmi’s Point of View

Ever get that feeling like someone’s following you? Well, that was what I was feeling on the way to school. I didn’t want to turn around, of course. If I did, I would have been face to face with some maniac or someone like that. So, I kept walking and finally I arrived.

As soon as I entered the gates, I could sense piercing glares sent to my direction and all I could do was to dodge those glares. I knew they were still talking about me because rumours and news last for about two or three weeks before they slowly fade away.

When I got to my locker, I looked at myself from head to toe, and then patted my back for any stick-on notes.

I’m safe… for now, I thought.

I unlocked my locker and opened it, placing my bag and belongings inside, and getting out my books for first and second period. I have never been so anxious in my entire life, and you know why? There were at least a hundred EXO-K sasaeng fans at school, and they were bound to find me sooner or later.

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon.

When I turned around, six sasaeng fans of Baekhyun stood in front of me in close proximity. My heart began to beat really fast and my breathing was uneven. I could hear a ringing sound in my ear and everything seemed to be in slow motion but myself and the sasaengs.

“You kissed our oppa?” The one who appeared to be the leader, asked.

I opened my mouth, trying to utter the word ‘no’, but no words came out. All that escaped my mouth was a quiet squeak; a squeak that told them ‘yes, I am the girl you are looking for’.

“You have some guts,” one of them spoke.

Then, one girl who stood behind the group approached the front holding a soda drink and another girl stepped forward with eggs in her hand. That only meant one thing and one thing only – I was getting egged.

With hands raised in the air, and the soda and eggs ready to be launched either at my face or expensive uniform, I leaned back and arched my back forward. I shut my eyes closed to prevent myself from seeing the horrible scene that was to be played out. A couple of minutes passed and still I was not hit, so I opened my eyes.

When I opened them…

“Transfer student?” I said.

The transfer student whom I met three days ago stood in front of me, covered in the soda drink and eggs that was meant to be for me. Although he was covered in the sticky substance, a smiled formed on his face as he turned around to face me.

“Hi,” he said.

“H-Hi,” I stuttered. “W-Why did you—”

“You don’t deserve to be bullied like that,” he chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

“You don’t deserve this,” I told him, gesturing my hands at the mess all over his uniform.

“Well…”

He paused, not able to find the thing to say. He knew he didn’t deserve it, I knew that, too, yet he saved me from them. This boy who stood in front of me didn’t seem like a stranger, he gave off a vibe that told me ‘hey, befriend him’. So that was what I did then.

“Let’s get you cleaned up,” I sighed, taking his non-stained sleeve to drag him with.

-

It was lunch time. As soon as I stepped out Biology class, I was relieved also quite surprised that none of the sasaengs tried to pull any stunts. They were probably scared that if they did pull a stunt that Mr. Kim would send them to detention.

But then I remembered. If I hadn’t been sent to detention that day, I f I hadn’t slept in Mr. Kim’s class then I would not have met Kyungie.

I smiled at the thought of the first time I saw him, he was with Baekhyun at that time.

Anyway, I was sitting at the usual table; the table that used to be mine and Sa Rang’s, but that now that she was gone, I sat alone.

“Hey.”

I looked up from my tray and saw the transfer student slide himself on the vacant seat parallel to me, his sister following behind him.

“Oh, hi.” I said.

“Sanghyun, right?” I said pointing to him. “And Sandy?” I asked pointing to his sister.

“Yep,” he said, biting from his tuna sandwich.

-

Noise and ruckus then came from the cafeteria’s entrance and I knew immediately who they were fussing about – EXO-K.

They chattered amongst themselves as endless amount of squealing, crazed fans followed behind them before grabbing a tray each and putting food on their plate.

EXO-K has been taking the table beside our one since they have started school here, so there was no doubt that they would be all sitting there today. But then, something miraculous happened, well, not completely miraculous.

Chanyeol stood from his seat and sat beside.

“Chanyeol, what are you doing?” I asked.

“Who’s this?” He asked, eyes fixated on Sandy.

“This is Sandy,” I said.

“And my sister,” Sanghyun added, emphasising on the words ‘my sister’ that meant nothing else but ‘you better stay away from her or else’.

“I’m Chanyeol,” Chanyeol introduced himself, reaching it out his hand in front of Sandy so that she could shake it.

Sandy was about to return the gesture when Sanghyun reached out his hand to Chanyeol instead and shook it.

“Nice to meet you,” Sanghyun said. Right then, I realised how protective he was of his younger sister. It was so cute.

“So, Sandy, how are you finding your first year in high school?” I asked her.

It earned me a weird gaze from both Sandy and Sanghyun. Seconds later, they both burst out fits of laughter. What was so funny?

“Dear, I’m a senior,” she said.

“You’re what?!” I said quite too loudly, and they laughed again.

“And I’m a senior next year,” Sanghyun added.

So he’s my age, I noted.

“Hey, this might be an awkward question,” Sanghyun began. “But, uh, what’s your name?”

I looked at him with a surprising expression on my face. Have I not told him? But before I could dwell on that thought, I was distracted by Chanyeol’s laughter. He laughed like there was no tomorrow, patting his thigh, the patting the table, patting my shoulder.

“H-He d-doesn’t even know your n-name.” Chanyeol couldn’t speak properly because he was laughing way too much. It wasn’t even that funny.

“Eunmi. Jung Eunmi,” I told him.

“Eunmi. Hm, I like that,” he smiled.

-

The whole day went by quicker than I had expected, probably because Sanghyun was weirdly, but relaxingly in every one of my subjects. I thought maybe he was sent to protect me or something.

I arrived home and was about to push the gates open, when an arm prevented me from doing so.

I turned around only to find D.O standing there.

“Oh, you. I forgot you lived here,” I blankly said.

D.O then took a step closer, placing his hands on either side of me so that I would be trapped in between them. He then leaned his face close to my right ear.

“W-What are you doing?” I gulped.

“Jung Eunmi,” he whispered. “I like you.”

Were my ears deceiving me? Maybe they only heard what they wanted to hear, that sort of thing? He couldn’t have possibly liked me. D.O hated me!

I watched as he stepped back, then opening the gates before entering. I was left standing there, confused and puzzled.

 

“What?” I mumbled.

 


 

I apologise if there are any mistakes. I didn't bother editing :P Sorry too cos it's boring so far .-.

Thanks for reading, hope you liked it anyway~~ <3

Vote or Comment :D That would be much appreciated c: