Unexpected visits

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Third person Point of View

Eunmi's eyes slowly opened and the faint sound of bickering was what she heard first. Her fingers twitched and her head ached, but she was determined to see the two people standing at the edge of the bed. She squinted her eyes and when her vision finally came to focus, she found them unfamiliar.

"Eunmi!" one of them said, the moment she was noticed awake.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Who are you?"

The two exchanged glances before one of them stepped closer to stand beside her, a mixed expression of hurt and bewilderment evident on the face.

"Y-You don't know who I am?"

"Should I?" Eunmi asked as she looked at the person in confusion.

"Do Kyungsoo doesn't ring a bell to you?" he asked.

"I'm sorry, no," she shook her head.

D.O stepped back as he stared at the ground in utter shock. He couldn't believe what he just heard. For sure, her ignoring him possibly for the rest of her life would have been bad, but completely forgetting about him was like a thousand daggers plunged into his body. He felt he would actually die.

"Hey," Eunmi spoke, and he looked up to her. "I'm totally just kidding."

"You... How... Why would you do that?!"

"Serves you right," she replied, trying to turn on her other side so that she'd be facing the other way. "I wish that I could wake up with amnesia, though. To forget about the secret kept from me."

"Eunmi," the other person, her mother, called. "We're really sorry for keeping it from you. I didn't even know Kyungsoo here is his son."

"That's what you're worried about?" she snickered, and then realising that she was actually lying on a hospital bed. "Wait, why am I here, anyway? What happened?"

"You got hit by a car and the driver called 119 as soon as he saw you unconscious. The hospital then called us because we're number 1 and 2 in your speed dial," D.O said.

"How long have I been here?"

"Two weeks," her mother answered.

"I've been asleep for two weeks?!" she shouted, but regretted it right after and groaned because of the pain that shot up her head.

"Kyungsoo flew in from having their tour to visit you," her mother informed.

"I think I would've been fine if he didn't," Eunmi muttered.

"Eunmi..." Sooyeon's voice trailed off.

"Can we talk alone for a bit?" D.O asked her mother, and she nodded, heading out the room.

"What is there to talk about?" Eunmi asked.

"There's plenty to talk about," D.O began. "I don't know how many times I have to say sorry to you in order to get your forgiveness, but I'm willing to do it for the rest of my life, if I have to. Eunmi, I'm really really sorry for keeping it a secret from you, but please understand that I did it to protect you."

"How is keeping it from me protecting me?" she rolled her eyes.

"When I first found out, the whole story wasn't revealed to me. I thought you were my half sister, not Bomi, and so that's why I broke up with you. It would've been wrong to be in love with my half sister. I didn't want you to know because I knew you would've been hurt since we were together at that time."

"And how do you think I'm feeling now?" she asked sarcastically.

"I know and I'm so sorry."

"Stop saying sorry. It's getting annoying," Eunmi whined as she fought back the tears urging to spill. "Saying sorry won't undo things, it just indicates each time you say it that you did something wrong. I get what you're trying to tell me, but I just... I can't believe that something this big would be kept from me. All my life, I've looked at other girls around me with their fathers. I thought mine left us because he didn't love us anymore, not because I was a result of an affair. I mean, I wasn't even wanted, I wasn't planned."

Tears ran down her cheeks and she buried her face in the palms of her hands as she sobbed. D.O, who couldn't take it anymore, hugged her immediately and rubbed soothing circles on her back to calm her down.

"No, don't touch me!" she shouted, attempting to distance herself. "I don't need you, or mum, or anyone else."

"Eunmi--"

"Just leave me alone! I don't want to see you," she coldly said.

D.O looked at the teary-faced girl in front of him and began to walk towards the door, even though he didn't want to. His hands balled into fists not because she pushed him away but because he was angry and blamed himself for what Eunmi is going through.

"What happened?" Sooyeon asked as he exited.

"She doesn't want to be in contact with anyone right now," he sighed.

"As expected," she said. "Can I ask for a favour, Kyungsoo?"

"Sure," he replied, unsure.

"Please stay away from Eunmi--"

"What?"

"Let me finish," she snapped. "Stay away from her at least for now. I can't imagine how hurt she is, but I'm sure all she needs right now is some time by herself. It would help a lot if you just continue with the tour. I'm sure she'd want you to do that as well."

"I can't stand seeing her like this," D.O spoke softly, sitting on one of the chairs and burying his now-reddened face in his hands. "It pains me to just watch her suffer."

Sooyeon, who didn't know what to do, sat beside him and looked with a sympathetic face. As much as she now disliked him merely for being Mr Do's son, she greatly appreciated his love for her daughter.

"It'll all turn out well," she weakly smiled, "hopefully."

-

After another week of being in the hospital, Eunmi was allowed to go home, but she was advised to stay away from school for another two weeks in order to fully recover. D.O looked after her during that one week, much to her displeasure, and tried to keep the issue a secret as much as possible from any reporters.

"What movie?!" Sandy shouted from the living room.

"No movies today!" Eunmi shouted back from the toilet. "Let's watch some dramas instead!"

"Then how about EXO Next Door?!" Sandy shouted again.

"A definite no," Eunmi said as she was coming out and to the living room.

"Come on, please? Chanyeol's the lead guy and I'm really curious," Sandy pouted.

"And D.O is the second lead guy. I can't stand looking at his face right now. It was already bad that he spent time with me at the hospital."

"I sympathise with you on that one, but I don't really have anyone to watch it with," Sandy led on. "You don't even have to watch it. You can just sit there and be with me."

"Fine," Eunmi sighed.

As Sandy was about to connect the laptop to the television, a knocking sound came from the door. Sooyeon, who was in the kitchen, hesitantly opened it.

"Jungkook's here," she said, and then went back into the kitchen without another word.

"J-Jung... Jungkook! Oh my gosh!" Sandy fan-girled.

"Hello," the golden maknae chuckled.

Eunmi teasingly rolled her eyes at Sandy, then turning to Jungkook. "Thankfully you showed up. I was about to be drowned in episodes of EXO Next Door and see his face."

"Hey!" Sandy whined.

"I'm kidding. I can't blame you for wanting to watch Chanyeol."

Sandy blushed at the said statement.

"A-Anyway, does Jungkook just come here whenever?" she asked.

"Pretty much. It's a problem, really," Eunmi grinned.

"Hey!" Jungkook whined, too.

"I'm joking, oh my gosh. What is up with you guys?" she faintly laughed. "Anyway, what brings you here?"

"V's annoying everyone and just now, before I came here, I found him rubbing his five week old dirty sock on my pillow," Jungkook explained as he cringed, reminiscing at what happened previously.

Once again, VKook is confirmed, Eunmi thought.

"He's like that?" Sandy asked, eyes widened as if she couldn't believe it.

"Sometimes, but other times he just eats and eats and, you know, eats," he shrugged.

"Oh, okay," Sandy smiled while nodding.

"So, EXO Next Door, hm?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"The title kinda already explains itself," Sandy giggled.

"So, like, EXO being neighbours with someone or something like that?"

"Exactly," Sandy smiled.

"Good thing the girl would only be neighbours with them. Imagine living with one. How bad would that be?" Eunmi remarked blatantly.

Sandy awkwardly tittered and nudged Eunmi's arm lightly. Jungkook, however, was alright with it because he understood how hard it must have been for his fellow friend.

-

Throughout the episodes...

"He is so cheesy!" Jungkook laughed as he stuffed another popcorn in his mouth.

"Shut up, it's cute!" Eunmi protested, hitting his leg with a pillow, completely not realising that she was actually enjoying it despite her not wanting to watch it earlier.

"I can think of something else that's cute," Sandy murmured to herself, her gaze on the two.

"What was that?" Eunmi asked.

"Nothing, I just said so true," Sandy quickly replied.

"Chanyeol-sunbaenim will obviously get Yeonhee," Kook remarked. "I feel sorry for D.O-sunbaenim."

"Who cares?" Eunmi said in a serious tone, which didn't go unnoticed, but none of the two rebutted.

When the three had watched all episodes, Jungkook bid his farewell and went back to their dorm. Sandy said her goodbye as well and she was dropped off by Jungkook, leaving Eunmi there and her mum.

"Eunmi, can we talk for a bit?" Sooyeon asked softly as she was walking into the living room.

"Can't. I'm tired. I'll be in bed," Eunmi quickly replied, brushing off the question.

"Oh, okay... Alright... Rest well," Sooyeon said, fiddling with the hem of her apron.

With that, Eunmi walked to her room with a limp accompanied by crutches and left her mother standing there.


Just curious, but what would you guys do if you were in Eunmi's situation?

Don't forget to Comment what you think pleaseu and Vote if you liked this chapter! Thank you for reading <3 x