Unheard of and never expected

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

D.O's Point of View

Eunmi was with us for a week before Sooyeon returned to look after her again. I couldn't feel but more anxious when I saw her after dropping Eunmi off, and to be honest, there was anger in me. I knew she was the reason why my mother was no longer with us and that boiled the fiery depths of hell that was inside. I didn't know exactly how or why she was the reason, but nevertheless it was her fault. What my father said lingered in my head and his intentions bothered me. He didn't want seeing his son be with the daughter of the person who was the cause of my mother's death, but I loved Eunmi. I loved her to the point where it was making me insane.

The whole situation frustrated me so much! Did Eunmi know all about this? Of course not, she was just as clueless as I was. She was innocent and I couldn't blame her for it.

"Kyungie... Kyungsoo... Yah, D.O!"

I shook my head as I turned my head to the most beautiful girl ever. She had a confused face, but I thought it was utterly cute. The way her nose would scrunch up and her eyebrows would raise, I liked it all. Anyway, before I got more carried away with my thoughts, I held her hand.

"Yes?" I smiled.

"You weren't paying attention, were you?" she chuckled.

"Afraid not," I awkwardly laughed.

"Thought so," she chuckled. "But, as I was saying, my sister's coming over the next holiday for a couple weeks or so and I told her I would introduce her to you and the guys, if it's okay."

"Yeah, that's fine. Wait... You have a sister? You never mentioned that before," I said, suddenly very confused.

"Well, you never asked," she excused. I could tell she was trying to suppress a smile.

"I didn't know I had to ask for you to tell me about your family, sorry," I said sarcastically.

"Okay, okay," she laughed. "She's an older sister with an eight years gap, currently residing in the US 'cos she's studying medicine there to pursue being a doctor."

"That's nice," I smiled, putting my arm around her shoulders this time.

"Um, she used to work as a nurse at this school about five years ago, I think."

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Oh, right," she chuckled. "Bomi. Jung Bomi."

Right at that moment, I just sat still as I took in her words. Jung Bomi. I didn't even know what was more unbelievable; the fact that Eunmi's mother was the reason my mother died or the fact that her sister was the one I first loved, even if I was in middle school. Our lives were coincidentally connected and that baffled me so much.

"Kyungie, are you okay? You seem to phase in and out," Eunmi said, drawing circles on the top of my hand which was not on her shoulders.

"I-I'm fine. I think I'll just go to the dorm. Not feeling quite well," I told her, and then without another word, leaving her house.

-

Five weeks.

That was how long it was without me contacting or seeing Eunmi. I knew it wasn't fair to her, but I just really needed a time off to get my head wrapped around everything. She would call me almost every day and it pained me to reject her calls, but I couldn't bear to hear her voice just yet. She dropped by the dorm more times than I could even count, but I told Manager Hyung and the boys that I didn't feel like seeing her right now. They didn't ask what was happening and I appreciated that, but I knew they suspected something was up.

Right now I was going to my father's building to interrogate, but when I got there, he was in his office with Jokwon. I was going to knock like a polite person should, but I held back the moment I heard my name. I knew eavesdropping was wrong in many levels, but they had to have been talking about the matter. So, cautiously, I looked around to see if people were around and when I found there were none, I carefully pressed my ear against the door.

"I would have fired you already if it wasn't for the fact that what you did actually brought me and my son closer," father said.

"Thank you, sir," said Jokwon.

"Don't thank me, thank your luck. I'm surprised you didn't spill to him the whole story," father cackled.

"Sir?" Jokwon asked, the confusion was evident in his tone.

"You've forgotten? I didn't think it was a story to ever be forgotten. I certainly haven't."

There was a pause.

"My wife's death was definitely a tragic way to die. Swallowing dozens and dozens of sleeping pills like that... Committing suicide like that... I thought she was a fool."

My eyes widened upon hearing the new information. All my life I was made to believe she had died in a car accident on the way to pick me up from school, making me feel guilty. But, obviously I was wrong - so wrong.

My father continued, "I know I had cheated on her when Kyungsoo was just months old, but blaming Sooyeon for that was laughable. It wasn't her fault I cheated on my wife and it was definitely not her fault my wife died on her own will years later."

What was even happening? Floods of emotion overtook me, but I remained composed not to barge in. I had to hear everything, even if it meant hurting a lot more than before.

"Sooyeon was young then, she was a lot younger than I was and a lot younger than Mina. That was probably why Mina went into depression, needing those anti-depressant pills to keep her going and sleeping pills to knock her out to bed. I partly blame me, of course. I blame myself for having loved two women in my life."

The story was definitely not heading towards a good direction. Eunmi's mother was once loved by the father, or maybe she still was, I wouldn't have known. But, I hoped, I just hoped he wouldn't say what I was thinking. It would make everything wrong between Eunmi and I, and I just wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Father laughed in amusement and Jokwon was still quiet. Seconds later, my father cleared his throat.

"It wasn't at all surprising, though, when Sooyeon fell pregnant two months later and gave birth to a baby girl eight months after."

"Eunmi's your daughter, sir?" Jokwon asked, sounding very very surprised.

I didn't even wait to hear my father answer. I couldn't hold back anymore, so in a quick motion, I barged into the office. Both of them turned their heads to me with eyes widened, especially my father. It was too quiet and the only thing audible was the sound of my heavy and ragged breathing. I had my hands balled into fists, my nails digging into my palms. I didn't feel the pain, though, because the pain I was feeling as of the moment was more hurtful than anything.

My mother was taken away.

I couldn't afford to lose the girl I loved, too.

"Kyungsoo," father spoke, but almost in a whisper.

"You bastard!" I shouted. "You couldn't have told me everything before... before..."

I didn't even realise I was crying then. Warm tears left my eyes as they streamed down my heating cheeks. My heart felt like it was being squeezed so tight, felt like nails were being jabbed right through it over and over again.

"Before I fell in love with Eunmi!" I continued.

"Son--"

"No! I don't want to hear any more of your stupid fcking lies! How can I live with myself now, father, hm?!" I yelled, attempting to wipe the tears, but they just seemed to flow never ending. "How can I continue living when I can't even be allowed to fcking love Eunmi that way?!"

"Son, you don't--"

"Shut up, just shut up! You've taken everything away from me... mother and now... and now Eunmi, too," I told him, my voice cracking at the last sentence.

It was all unbearable. I couldn't even explain how hurt I was because it was a feeling beyond words. The room seemed to spin for a moment and I almost lost my balance, but I stood still and kept my ground. I never realised I could love someone so much as much as I loved my mother. Now that that was also being taken away from me, I couldn't handle it. She could be my sister, but she should just have been before I loved her in a totally different way. Now, everything just seemed so wrong.

And the worst part is... she doesn't know a thing. All she knew was that my father knew her mother. If she found out everything, she would be in so much pain. She might still love me, but she might also hate me.

Right now, everything was already falling apart. If she knew and left... I would just rather join my mother. Wherever she was.


OMG that was intense ;)

Not sure if you guys remember Bomi, but she was in Hye Jin's flashback in Chapter 28: Way back ~

So, Eunmi is D.O's sister... or is she? Mwuahahahaa

I'll leave you guys to just think and be engulfed in your thoughts for now~

COMMENT whatever it is that you have in your mind, spill your thoughts, haha.. and VOTE if you enjoyed :*

I'll see you all in the next chapter ;)

xx