Nerving talks

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Eunmi's Point of View

Two weeks has passed since Jungkook called to tell me that Sehun told him it was actually D.O who told the media about him visiting me at the hospital. Honestly, I didn't know why it was such a big deal in keeping it secret. But I was also mad that he was the one who did the deed. I had thought it would be Hye Jin since it was expected of her, because she was always a bi- well, you get what I was trying to say.

I had been back at school for a week now and truthfully, I couldn't take all the stares and the whisperings behind my back. I was just glad that graduation was two and a half months away. Finally, a way to escape this god-forsaken place.

"Hey, girl," I heard someone call behind me. When I turned around, I found Sandy standing there.

"Oh, hey," I tried to smile.

"What class do you have now?" she asked as we walked through the hallway.

"I'm actually just planning on going home now... or somewhere else since my mother's there," I admitted.

"Don't you think... Actually, never mind," she said.

"No, tell me," I prompted.

She sighed, and then turning her head to look at me. "I know you've been through so much, more than any girl your age should, but you can't hold onto this forever. It might still be too soon, but I also know that you would have to forgive those people who hurt you soon enough. I know you're really hurt, but I'm sure they're hurt, too. No one asked for this to happen, but the only way to really move on is too forgive and forget... if you can."

Her words lingered around me and before I could respond to her short speech, she gave me a half smile and walked off to her class. I sighed at the thought of talking to my mother about all this, at the thought of talking to D.O again.

My life was seriously some kind of fanfic sh*t. It was all too surreal.

I thought of what Sandy said to me. As much as I'd hate to admit it, she was right. And as much as I wanted to deny it to myself, I loved D.O too much to stay angry with him. He has caused me to feel so many emotions, he didn't even know it. I just wished I could tell him how I really felt, but I was afraid my anger overshadowed the need to tell him.

By the time I got home, my mother was sitting on the couch watching Miracle in cell no. 7. The moment she noticed me standing there, she turned off the television and stood up to head to her room. She must have thought all this while that I needed all the space I could get, so she went to her bedroom to give it to me. I felt terribly bad, I really did.

When she was a metre away from her door, I stopped her.

"Eomma, wait," I said. A terrified yet surprised expression filled her face as she turned to look at me.

"There is food in the microwave. I thought you'd be hungry," she said quietly, and I couldn't help the tears that began pooling in my eyes.

"Thank you, but that's not really what I want to know or talk about," I told her.

"Oh." A frown formed on her face.

I stepped closer to her and I felt so guilty when she flinched a bit. Seeing her vulnerable like this made everything around us crumble. I just couldn't believe I did this to her. She used to be so bright and bubbly, now she was just sad and distant.

"I'm so sorry," I said, and the surprise on her face was evidence enough to show that she was not expecting the words at all, or this soon.

"For my reaction... for everything," I continued when she stayed silent. "I know I'm hurt, but it's not fair to you to be treated this way, especially by your own daughter. I was just too emotional and too angry to think of anything else on how to handle the situation."

"Eunmi..." she began, but couldn't form the right words to say. Tears now streamed down her cheeks as she closed the distance between us and took me in a hug. The tears I had been holding back has released as I hugged her back.

"I am sorry, too," she said, her voice quiet. "I know I should have told you, but I didn't know how to. I was afraid... afraid of what you would think of me once you found out. I've been selfish keeping it from you. I thought it would just go away... I thought they would just go away if I gave you the life I never had when I was your age. But I guess these things can't be avoided."

I pulled away from her and furrowed my eyebrows at her bloodshot eyes and swollen cheeks from all the crying. I wiped them away with my fingers and then wiped mine with the back of my hand as I attempted a smile at her.

"I know, eomma. I'm sorry I let my feelings get in the way of seeing what the situation actually is. To be honest, if what happened to you happened to me, I wouldn't want my daughter to know as well."

She only smiled faintly at me and rubbed her thumb on my cheeks gently. I had missed my mother. Because we were so close, being distant from her was hard. She hugged me once again and when we pulled away we continued to watch what was left of the movie. We cried again, but thankfully not because of our situation.

-

For the past two weeks my mother and I had mended our relationship and it went back to what it was before all the lies and secrecy had happened. I was glad we could do that. I may not have had a father ninety-nine per cent of my life, but for the remainder of them my mother became both my mother and my father. If I lost her, I would also lose both.

Throughout those two weeks, EXO also returned from their tour to have a break, and then they would continue. I was more nervous than ever because I finally decided to talk to him about all that has occurred, about us.

There I was standing in front of the all-too-familiar dorm door. With a long and heavy sigh, I knocked three times and stepped back to wait for it to open. I was hoping no one would answer to save me the trouble of talking and possibly crying, but that hope was gone when Baekhyun opened the door, revealing his very surprised face.

"Eunmi," he said almost in a whisper.

"Um, hi," I spoke softly, trying to smile but failed.

"Uh, c-come in," he stuttered as he stepped aside to let me enter.

I had not seen him since that day I confronted D.O and found out Baekhyun knew about the whole situation as well. Maybe I had been too harsh on him, especially since I practically cheated on him and then ignored him because he was only trying to respect his best friend's decision in keeping the secret a secret from me. I walked behind him on the way to the living room, but I spoke first before making my existence here known to the other members. To him.

"Baek, hang on," I quietly said. He turned around to face me with confusion. "Before we go, I just want to say that I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry for what I did to you. I feel so bad for hurting you when you have been nothing but the nicest person to me. I don't know what else to say besides I'm sorry. I really am and I hope someday you can forgive me for my wrongdoings."

I didn't even notice that I had already started to cry in front of him. The moment I finished talking, he rushed over to me and took me in a tight embrace. I would be lying to myself if I said I didn't miss his hug because I did. They were so gentle and genuine, like I was the most fragile thing on earth. I grabbed at the shirt material on his back and hugged him back, resting my head on his chest and crying some more. I really didn't want to come off as weak, but I guess my emotions were more than what I had thought.

Baekhyun soothingly rubbed my back in an attempt of calming me before pulling away and wiping the tears from my face.

"Shh, don't cry," he cooed, a half-hearted smile on his face. "I've already forgiven you a long time ago."

At that moment I was kind of glad that I let him go. He was honestly just too good for me. I wouldn't have deserved to have him longer.

His hand reached for mine and he plastered a reassuring smile before walking me to the living room, where the guys were gathered watching a TV show. Once they knew Baekhyun came back but with me not too far behind him, they were silent. D.O's eyes met mine, but his slowly moved to my attached hand with Baekhyun's. Baekhyun must have noticed as well since he gently let go.

"I just walked her here," he told D.O. Somehow, relief washed over his face.

The tension was strong. I could see the other members shuffling uncomfortably on their seats, not knowing what to do or say. I thought that since I was the one who came here that I'd speak first.

"So... how was the tour, guys?" I asked a casual question to ease the tension.

"T'was good," Luhan answered. "Glad to have some break, though," he added and the others nodded in agreement.

Silence once again wrapped us, but not too long. D.O stood up from his seat and began to walk towards me. Oh my god. This was it.

"Can we talk privately, please?" he asked and I just nodded.

I peered over my shoulder to see some worried and concerned expressions on the members' faces. I turned around and looked at the ground, following behind D.O as he went outside the dorm. I was actually very surprised to see that there were no reporters or even a single sasaeng in sight. But then again, they might have just been hiding behind something somewhere. I couldn't care less at that point. I just knew that we needed to talk sooner or later, in private or not.

We walked slowly, not side by side, but with me a couple of inches behind him. He peered slightly over his shoulder and sighed before slowly turning to look back at the front. I stared at my fiddling hands, not knowing what to say. I had thought about it many times, but now that I was actually here it was like all the words I had rehearsed were erased from my memory.

It was funny to think that we used to be close and comfortable with each other and now we couldn't even walk beside one another. We had to talk somehow, I had to talk to him somehow.

"I'm sorry," we said at the same time as I had stopped in my tracks and he turned around to face me.

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously and once again I found the ground interesting to be stared. This was going nowhere, so I took initiative.

"I'm sorry," I said again and he looked at me as if he couldn't believe I would repeat the words. "I know you were only trying to keep me from knowing the harsh truth and I've made you suffer for it. I was too selfish to only think of what I was feeling when you were hurt, too. For that, I am so sorry, D.O."

He looked at me as if not knowing how to respond. The silence was torturing, especially since I just told him I was sorry. My eyes met the ground for what felt like the hundredth time today, afraid of looking at him any longer. My heart - well, what was left of it - felt like it was about to leap out of my chest. My breathing became rigid and I was too nervous to hear whatever it was he was going to say. He was supposed to be the nervous one since he was the one who kept the secret, but for some reason I felt like a nervous wreck.

Suddenly, I felt his finger lift my chin up to look at him. I jumped a little, only because I didn't even notice that he had moved closer to me.

"Eunmi, I..."

"Well, well, well."

Our eyebrows furrowed at the interruption. We were finally on a step of getting past all of this and it just had to be ruined. I was looking around for the person and when my eyes met D.O's, his was already fixed on something behind me. Or someone. The moment I turned around to find out who he was looking at, my hands instinctively balled into fists.

Why can't she just stay away for once?!


I find this chapter to be quite good haha. What did you guys think?

Comment your thoughts or Vote if you liked it~ Thank you for reading <3 xx