Saturday ( I )

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Third person Point of View

Ah, yes. It was Saturday. The day that every student, and working adults, looked forward to.

Eunmi laid asleep in her bed, face buried in her pillow to prevent the sound of her snoring to be heard. Her body was more tired than usual due to the fact that running and screaming girls kept bumping onto her from the previous day.

The doorbell to their house rang and it jolted Eunmi awake. She let out a frustrated groan as she tried to press the pillow onto her ear, thinking of who in the bloody hell would want to visit at such an early time.

Once again, the doorbell rang.

“Eomma, can you get it please? I’m so sleepy.” Her voice turned into a yawn at the last sentence.

Her mother, Soo Yeon, rushed for the door, an apron worn round her neck and down to just below her knees. She swung the door open, abruptly dropping the baking pin she previously held.

 

Eunmi’s Point of View

I was just beginning to doze off again into a deep sleep when loud knocking emitted from the direction of my door. I huffed out irritated and fixed my gaze on the wooden thing. The round of knocking was repeated and I had no choice but to walk over to it.

I opened the door and found my mom standing there, her smile reaching from ear to ear.

“Eomma? Why are you—” But before I could finish my sentence, she had cut me off.

“Come downstairs. Quick.” She tugged my arm to the living room. When I stood there, my eyes widened, aghast at the additional of five guys in the household.

“Annyeong, Eunmi,” Baekhyun greeted, another one of his eye-smiles appearing.

“A-Annyeong,” I stuttered.

I was confused on what they were doing here, not that I didn’t want them here. Their attention were all on me and eomma seemed to have a cheeky smile plastered on her beautiful, delicate face.

“What are you guys doing here?” I finally asked.

“We were going to surprise D.O,” Suho began.

“And then your mom had a wonderful suggestion,” Sehun giggled.

I raised my eyebrow, slowly turning my head to face my mother. She just smiled at me. I nodded my head indicating for some explanation from her.

“I was going to visit your grandmother this weekend,” she began. “I was going to go by myself but when these lovely boys came, I had an idea. So, I said to myself, ‘Soo Yeon, why not take everyone with you?’ and I was glad they agreed to come along.”

By the end, my jaw has dropped. The thought of being in the countryside at my grandmother’s place with EXO-K has never occurred to me, possibly because I never even thought of being close to them.

“I never agreed,” I heard D.O mumble.

I looked up to find him staring at me and he averted my gaze quickly.

“So, we’re all going to grandma’s? Today? For the whole weekend?” I asked reassuringly.

My mother and EXO-K all nodded as a response. I let out a deep sigh, my bare feet suddenly becoming the interest of my attention.

I felt my cheeks blush as thoughts flooded my mind. The things that I could do to them in the countryside where there are no fan-girls, at all. I shook my head and contained my giggle. I would never do such things to these gorgeous guys, well, not without permission, that is. Ha!

 

I headed back to my room and plodded down onto my bed. The softness of the sheets calmed me from my nervous state. Suddenly, someone knocked on my open door and I looked up. Baekhyun was leaning on the doorframe, his posture was shy but he wasn’t letting the expression on his face show that.

“Hi,” I greeted, sitting up.

“Hey,” he chuckled. “Can I—”

“Oh, yeah, sure. Come in,” I answered.

He gaited slowly towards the bed and sat beside me on my right. He was so near, our knees brushing as he sat. Baekhyun glanced a few times at me, his mouth opened but no words came out. So, technically, it was total silence for a while.

He sighed, almost as if he was gathering up the courage to speak to me. Finally, he did.

“So, your grandma…” He began, turning to face me. “Uh, I also have one.”

After he said that, his attention switched from me to the ground. His face was facing down but I could tell that he cringed his face. He seemed nervous for some reason and I found it utterly cute. I knew he was making conversation but ended up saying something… funny and adorable.

The escape of giggle from my mouth had him looking up back at me, eyes locked with mine.

“W-What’s funny?” He asked, confusion painted on his face as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“Nothing,” I shook my head, still giggling. Moments later, although he didn’t know why I was giggly, he laughed too.

I hated to break our little moment but I had to take a shower and so, I excused myself. He insisted on waiting for me in my room and I didn’t have anything against that will, so I just let him.

I was about to walk out the door when D.O suddenly showed up, causing me to bump onto his chest.

“Sorry,” I apologised. “I’m just heading to the bathroom.”

With that, he made way for me to exit and went inside my room where Baekhyun still sat.

 

D.O’s Point of View

I was going to talk with Eunmi, concerning things about the short trip we were about to do, mostly about how I didn’t want to come with. When I was centimetres outside her room, I heard laughter and giggling inside so I peeked a little.

Eunmi was giggling as Baekhyun stared at her. I couldn’t understand what was so funny, I mean, I knew Baekhyun was funny but not that funny to cause someone to be that happy. I felt kind of pissed. When I’m with Eunmi, all the expression she would have is of annoyance. I was being nice to her all this time and she doesn’t even appreciate that.

It was like the time when I said to save her explanation for someone who cares… I was being honest.

That time when she was talking to her teddy and I pointed out the fact it was inanimate… I was just helping her hold a grip on what’s sane.

That time in the bathroom when she caught me in my most vulnerable and I almost kissed her… I was giving her hope.

Why can’t she see all these things I’m doing for her? Ugh. Why do I even care? That’s right, I don’t. This girl’s just messing with my head. Pfft, who cares if she likes Baekhyun.

 

Eunmi went to the bathroom and so, I went inside to speak to Baekhyun. I need not explain anything and went onto the point.

“Do you like Eunmi?” I asked him.

He was taken aback, seeing the expression he held, and tilted his head for further detail.

“What?” He asked me.

“I said, ‘Do  you like Eunmi?’”

Baekhyun sat there, fiddling with his thumbs, eyes never meeting mine. His silence was enough confirmation to tell me that he did like her. I felt a slight pain inside me knowing what he felt for her.

“Wait,” he began, lifting his head up to me. “Do you… like her?”

It was my turn to be taken aback. I didn’t expect him to return my question on me. I didn’t have enough time to think of a lie. My mouth seemed to have a life of its own and spoke by itself, escaping one word from it.

“No.”

 

Eunmi’s Point of View

We were being driven there by Manager hyung but before that, EXO-K went to pack some things. It surprised me that they had two suitcases each, I mean, we were just going away for the weekend. I didn’t even bring a suitcase; I only brought a duffle bag.

So, anyway, we drove for seven hours and when we arrived, my mood lifted. I haven’t been here in a long time and I forgot how peaceful and quiet it was here.

We walked an extra fifteen minutes to get to my grandmother’s house. She greeted us all with a welcoming hug, but she held me just a little longer than everyone. I guessed she really missed her only granddaughter.

“My, my. Are these your boyfriends, Eunmi-ah?” She asked me.

The question caused my cheeks to flush into a crimson, gaining a few chuckles from EXO-K.

“N-No, grandma. They’re…” I paused for a while. I couldn’t really say they were celebrities; rumours spread fast within the elderly and who knows. Paparazzi might find them here in no time. “…just my friends,” I continued.

 

I walked around, finding the old well that I used to play around when I was younger. Memories flashed into mind as happy and painful ones forced their way in.

I felt a tap on my back. I whirl around to find Baekhyun standing there; he seemed to always know where I was. He stood beside me on the well and we both looked down into the black pit below.

“You know, when I was younger, I would always throw a coin down there,” I told him.

I could see his gaze onto me in my peripheral vision.

“What for?” He curiously asked.

A weak smile formed on my face as the reason to why came flashing back. Back then, I would always wish for that reason even though I knew it wouldn’t happen I still wished for it in the hope that someday it might come true. But now that I’m grown up, I understood and no longer wished for it.

“I used to make a wish,” I replied, looking down into the well.

“Might I ask what you wished for?” Baekhyun asked.

“I used to wish for my father to return to us.” I almost choked on my words. My father left us years ago, yet I still felt like crying whenever he was mentioned. Mother told me that he left when I was only one year old, thus resulting to my lack of knowledge of him.

“I’m sorry,” he said.

I turned to him and gave a whole-hearted smile.

“It’s alright. It was a long time ago so no need to say sorry,” I assured him.

Baekhyun’s frown soon turned into a smile as he wrapped his left arm around my shoulders.

“Let’s go do something that’ll cheer you up,” he chuckled.

So, we kept on walking, him making jokes along the way.

 

Third person Point of View

As Baekhyun and Eunmi disappeared into their adventure, D.O stood still from his place where he saw, and heard, everything Baekhyun and Eunmi said and done. His hands turned into fists and jealousy began to eat him up.

But knowing about Eunmi’s father softened his heart. It was like something in him started to feel different about Eunmi, something good.

D.O heaves a hefty sigh.

 

“I want to be the one to cheer you up, Eunmi-ah.”

 


This story is still so dragging. I'm so sorry it's not that interesting. :( I want it to have lots of chapters so things are going slowly. I hope some of you are okay with that.

Anyway, with that aside, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

VOTE, COMMENT or FAN ^_^ Thank you for reading~~