Jealousy and its works

Heartthrob Snob [Exo-K D.O]

Eunmi’s Point of View

It was so weird. How was I going to be in danger when Hye Jin was danger enough? Anyway, I dwelled no further on that thought as I happily lay down on my bed. What a long day it had been.

I rolled around in my blanket and giggled to myself, missing the soft fabric that had kept me warm all year. I could not believe that I could be so happy just lying down in bed. I lay down on my back and stared at the white ceiling above me, thinking how in the world I ever got to meet Kyungie. It all seemed unreal. When Uncle said he worked as a manager for one of the Kpop groups, I did not really think it would be EXO K. I mean, come on, EXO K!

What a lucky man, he was.

Sitting up on my bed, I reached for the remote that was on the bedside table and the stereo. It blasted Growl in a loud volume, and I began to hop off the bed to jump around with the music.

“EUREURONG, EUREURONG, EUREURONG DAE!” I sang with the song.

I was full on dancing that I did not even realise my bedroom door was open. When I turned towards the door’s direction, I saw Baekhyun leaning by the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest, and an amused grin spread over his lips. I quickly stopped and grabbed the remote, turning off the stereo.

That was so embarrassing.

“Uh… What are you doing here?” I asked him as calmly as I could, hiding my obvious crimson face.

“Nothing, I just wanted to stop by and hang around with you… and D.O, of course,” Baekhyun replies.

“Aren’t you busy with practice?” I asked.

“We’re actually kind of in hiatus right now,” he answered.

I furrowed my eyes in curiosity. Was that why D.O was staying at our house? My look must have sent Baekhyun a telepathic message because he began to walk towards my bed and sat on it, patting the empty space beside him, motioning for me to sit down next to him. I did as I was told.

“D.O’s father’s company is kind of going downhill at the moment,” he began. “So, D.O had to stay here in the meantime and our group is taking a break from activities.”

“But, don’t you, guys, live in a dorm?”

“Yeah, but the thing is, our family partly pays the bills for our dorm and since D.O’s father is managing the company, there’s no money yet for them to pay for the dorm.”

“Celebrity life is so complicated,” I chuckled.

“Yeah, tell me about it,” Baekhyun laughed.

It was an awkward silence that wrapped us after that and not one of us attempted to break its consistency. The unusual thing was that I did not really mind the silence between us; it was the comforting kind of silence unlike the silence with D.O, which was literally awkward.

I let out a sigh and turned my head to face Baekhyun, but I found that he was already looking at me. His facial expression showed blankness, yet his eyes were speaking all kinds of it, as if words did not even matter. Then, slowly, he began leaning towards me. My heartbeat quickened and my ability to diverge his action seemed to inactivate.

Due to my lack of movement, I just shut my eyes closed. I could sense Baekhyun nearing with every second and I waited for him to just do whatever he wanted to do, to get it over and done with. And then…

“So you two want to go for a second time,” a too familiar voice spoke.

My eyes quickly opened and I turned my head towards the direction of the door. D.O stood there with a raised eyebrow and a judgemental glare. I shuffled to the ground as the first thing I did was to stand up and walk to him.

“I-It wasn’t—”

“Save it for someone who actually cares,” he interrupted.

D.O turned around and walked off. Suddenly, I remembered his first few days at the house when he told me the exact same thing… Save it for someone who actually cares.

At that moment, I did not even care that Baekhyun was there. I felt the need to apologise to D.O and so, I ran out my room to catch up with him. He was on his way to the living room, but I held his arm to prevent him from going any further.

“D.O, wait,” I said.

“What?” he asked coldly, releasing his arm from my hold and turning around to face me.

“I’m sorry,” I apologised, searching in eyes for any sign of forgiveness.

“Why are you sorry? You’re not my girlfriend nor my wife. I have no business with you,” D.O told me.

“B-But… you said you liked me. I know you said it,” I said, tears b in my eyes.

For a while, he just stared at me in surprise as if what I said was something so shocking. We stood there in the hallway, drowning in each other’s mixed-emotion stares. A deep sigh then escaped D.O’s lips, like he was done with everything.

“Just forget I said that. I never should have told you something I didn’t even mean.”

The desire to go to the living room changed as he instead went inside the guest room. I was left standing there with my jaw dropped and wide eyes, now filled with tears. I felt a tightening in my heart as if someone was squeezing it, wanting it to burst. So, he doesn’t really like me, I confirmed to myself.

-

D.O’s Point of View

I told Eunmi a thing that I knew would hurt her. As I entered my room, I closed the door behind me and paced back and forth in the area. I ruffled my hair in frustration because of what I had done. I let jealousy get in the way and as a result, I hurt Eunmi.

I walked towards the mirror that hung on the wall beside my bed, and stared at my reflection. What was wrong with you, Do Kyungsoo?  You are a stupid, stupid human being!

I punched the wall beside the mirror, suppressing the scream that I wanted to let out deep within my stomach. I felt angry with myself. Hate.

“I’m sorry, Eunmi. I’m so sorry,” I said to the mirror.

I did not even notice that water was filling my eyes. Not once have I cried since my mother’s passing. I have promised myself before that I would never cry because of a girl but, why was it that I was tearing up now?

The heftiness of my breathing made it difficult for me to contain my tears. So, instead, they streamed down my cheeks. I fumed my eyes at the reflection I was seeing and loathed it. Loathed the fact that even the person he loved, he had managed to hurt and push away.

Breathing out, I went to sit on the bed and stared into space. Abruptly, the sound of knocking echoed through my side of the room.

“What?!” I yelled.

“It’s Baekhyun, open up,” the voice on the other side replied.

I grunted in annoyance and stood up to walk lazily towards the door. Upon opening it, a slap welcomed my right cheek as I felt it sting in red.

“What the hell, dude?!” I shouted at him.

Baekhyun pushed me inside and closed the door behind him, locking it to make sure that no one would enter. I crossed my arms and tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for him to speak.

“You’re stupid, you know that?” he told me.

“Excuse me?” I raised a brow.

“Why would you say something like that to the person you like?” he asked.

“You like her, too, Baek. Don’t forget that,” I said.

“But it’s you she likes, you freaking moron. Can’t you see?”

“What?” was all I could blurt out.

Baekhyun released an irritated sigh and pushed me down by my shoulders so that I would sit on the edge of the bed. He looked down at me as if waiting for me throw a tantrum of some sort. My eyes shifted from left to right as the thought of Eunmi liking me invaded my mind. I was so sure it was Baekhyun she had feelings for. They kissed, for goodness’ sake!

“Remember that first day we saw her? At the sandwich shop?” Baekhyun  asked, and when I didn’t answer, he carried on. “Did you see the excitement on her face when she greeted you? It was like she was your number one fan.”

“How was I supposed to know?” I asked, nonchalant.

“Exactly, Kyungsoo. You don’t even know what goes on around you because you’re too busy thinking only of yourself. At least apologise to Eunmi if you’re not going to take back what you said about not liking her.”

Baekhyun turned around and opened the door, letting himself out the room. I buried my face in my hands as regret slowly ate me up. How was I supposed to tell her I liked her again? People don’t usually confess twice because that would just be weird and awkward.

 

Kyungsoo, you are the worse.

 


 

I don't quite like this chapter, but I also don't like you guys waiting, so here's a chapter :P

Hope it was alright~~

VOTE, but especially COMMENT, hehe. Thank you for reading :D