Krystal's Thoughts

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

After we finished dinner I insisted on helping do the dishes, but Amber refused to let me. She and Henry kept joking that they were the dishwashing masters and I couldn’t break up their dream team. Those two together are really crazy, but I have always been grateful that Henry has been there for her. Since they didn’t allow me to help do the dishes Lauren and I decided to go back and sit in the living room until they finished, but she was currently in the bathroom while I was waiting for her to return. Looking at Amber messing around with Henry in the kitchen, made me think back to the first time I ever saw her. It is a memory I’ll never forget.

 

Flashback

 

“Who’s that?” my friend asked me.

“I don’t know, maybe he’s a new trainee. I think he looks like a cool oppa though, look at what he’s wearing,” I said looking at the person who just entered the classroom with an older student.

 

The boy who had just entered the classroom looked slightly uncomfortable taking in the new surroundings. He was wearing black jeans with nikes and a plaid button up shirt. His hair swooped low over his face, and he kept adjusting it under his hat. He seemed shy but at the same time cute.

 

“Krystal I want you to meet someone,” the older male student said to me walking over with the mysterious new boy. “The president wanted me to introduce you guys. Krystal this is Amber. She was cast from the LA auditions and doesn’t know very much Korean. The president was hoping that you could help her adjust to living in Korea, and help her with her studies.”

“Wait, did you say that his name was Amber?” I asked him not believing what I heard.

“It’s ok, I get that a lot. Yes, my name’s Amber. I’m a girl,” she said to me.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to-”

“Really it’s fine, I’m just glad to meet someone who speaks English,” she said smiling at me.

“I’m Krystal, it’s really great to meet you,” I said offering her my hand.

“You shake hands too? I think I could hug you,” she said shaking my hand excitedly.

“Yeah I lived in San Francisco for six years before coming here.”

“We were practically neighbors.”

“What classes are you going to be taking?” I asked her.

“Um, singing, dancing, rapping, and Korean classes. I really don’t know how I’m going to learn this language it’s so different from what I’m used to,” she said concerned.

“I’d be happy to help you with your Korean.”

“Thank you so much, you don’t know how grateful I will be if you do.”

 

I don’t know what it is about this unusual girl, but there is something undeniably magnetic about her.

 

Present day

 

“Hey Krystal you with me?” Lauren asked breaking me out of my daze.

“Yeah sorry,” I said turning towards her away from the kitchen.

“Thinking about Amber maybe?” she teased me.

“Shut up,” I said taking another glance at her and Henry.

“There’s nothing wrong with that you know. I don’t know how many times I’ve drifted off thinki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter