Talking It Out

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

“I’m really upset Jess, do we have to do this now?” I asked tearful.

“That’s why we have to do it now. I know you must hate me. But I can’t let us go to sleep like this. I’ve calmed down. I didn’t even know Amber had left. Please can we talk?” she asked.

 

I quickly opened the door and confronted her looking at me.

 

“You do know that you can’t just say you're sorry and I’ll automatically forgive you. This isn’t going to be like other fights we’ve had. You hurt me at a time when I really needed your support. I won’t tolerate you criticizing Amber or my relationship,” I said harsh.

“Krystal I know that you won’t easily forgive me. All I can ask is that you put yourself in my place for a second and see where I was coming from.”

“That’s no excuse. Like I said before I’m sorry that you are unhappy, but this was an important night that you ruined. I can’t get that back. I was so nervous about telling them, and more importantly you. I know you’ve never been completely on board with my relationship. But now it’s more important than that. Now I’m asking you to accept her as being a permeant and integral part of my life. If you reject us now it’s like you are disregarding all my dreams, and my whole future. She is my future, and that isn’t going to change. So I’m done Jess. I can’t deal with it anymore. I have to live my life without fear of what you think. From here on out I won’t pay attention to it anymore. It’s too painful for me, when all I should be is happy. I just got engaged for goodness sake!” I yelled with tears streaming down my face.

 

She approached me slowly holding her arms out and trying to hug me. I leaned away, but succumbed to her warm embrace.

 

“I just got engaged, and I felt like I couldn’t share it with you,” I whispered sadly gripping her tight.

“I’ve done so much wrong. You are right. I’ve been selfish. I couldn’t see what I was doing to you. Sit down. Krys, please,” she said leading me to the bed. 

 

We sat down next to each other with her arms still around me. I just cried out all the feelings that had built up between us. The more I cried the lighter I felt. I felt like I was six years old again. The way she was comforting me took me back, but this time I didn’t just scrape my knee. I was sad because of her.

 

“I really can’t believe how long you two have been together when I think about it,” she said rubbing my back.

“What?” I said confused and wiping my tears.

“I even remember the first day you came home talking about her,” she said fixing my hair. “You got home from training and ran up to my room so excited. You told me that you had met this new trainee that spoke english. The way you were talking I thought it had to be a boy, but you soon revealed that it was someone named Amber. Little did I know who this person would become to you. It’s weird the things you remember sometimes. And even before you told me you two were dating I remember seeing signs. I swore I thought I saw you two holding hands in the practice room when I came to pick you up one time. You always looked reluctant to leave her. And if she didn’t walk you home then I knew she would always be waiting with you until I arrived. If I really allow myself to see the truth I know that she has never done a thing to hurt you in anyway. And that should be the most important. It kills me to see you hurting, but even more that I caused it. My loneliness and selfishness has driven me to this point, and I don’t like who I’ve become. I promise you that I won’t make that mistake again. I want you to be carefree again. Particularly at this exciting time in your life. I’m sorry Soojung. I know it’s not enough, but it’s the best I can do. 

“Jess,” I croaked. “When she asked me and I told her yes, the first thing that popped into my head was this overwhelming desire to tell you. As much as we’ve grown apart I still have that undeniable connection with you. As long as we are both alive that’s never going to change. But for you to be apart of my life you have to accept Am, and have a real relationship with her. I need for two of the most important people in my life to do that. For my well-being and sanity. Please tell me you can do that?”

“I am going to try my best. I don’t know how much we have in common though,” she joked.

 

I stared her down.

 

“Ok I get it. I’ll make nice with her. But I can’t say that I won’t grill her every now and then to keep her on her toes.”

“Be nice to her please. She tries so hard to impress you,” I said.

“Yeah I noticed with the flowers.”

“Wasn’t that a really nice thing? She did that on her own, I didn’t suggest it.”

“They were a kind gesture, but I am the kind of girl that prefers chocolates,” she said with a smile.

“You will take what you get, and like it. She doesn’t have to get you anything at all.”

“I know sis. She is the little charmer, I’ll give you that. All dressed up in that tie. She could slip into one of Super Junior’s music videos and no one would know the difference

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter