Three Months Later

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Note: This chapter is not rated M. But it does have some language and ual themes. It also references Krystal's Drama- Heirs. If you are not familiar with it I'm trying to link the scene I reference to it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

Three months later

 

“Do you want to read lines with me again?” Krystal asked pacing around her room as I walked in behind her.

“Uh sure. What’s the scene about today?” I asked.

“It’s actually the almost kiss scene. Remember when I told you that it was coming up?” she said nervous. 

“Right...yeah I guess I remember. Can’t say that I wanted to remember it,” I said leaning on her door after I closed it.

“Don’t do that. I thought you liked reading lines with me, so that you could know before hand. And it’s not even a real kiss. You of all people should know what a real kiss is. It’s a high school romance, it’s more cute than anything. So will you go through the lines with me and understand that it isn’t a big deal,” she said walking over to me.

“Ok I’m sorry. It’s just that if he could know that you were in a committed relationship it would make me feel better. I know that’s not possible but that’s how I feel. I know he likes you,” I sighed.

“How do you know that?”

“There is no guy that has ever met you that hasn’t liked you. I hate to watch you practically be lusted over.”

“And do you think people don’t lust over you? Because they do. I have seen too many of your fangirls up close and personal the last few years. We can’t control what other people think or feel about us. And I’m really sorry that I can’t tell Minhuyk that I love you and there is no one in this world that makes me happier than you. I’m sorry. I really wish I could,” she said staring to sound sad.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn't have started this again,” I said pulling her into my arms.

“You know that I wish I could tell him. You know that,” she mumbled into my shirt.

“Don’t be sad. Let’s forget this. What is going on in the life of my Lee Bona?” I asked running my hand over her cheek.

“You know that I always pretend it’s you when I’m with him. That’s the only way I can make it believable,” she said looking at me.

“That makes me happy, really it does.”

“So if you are my Chanyoung then you are going to trick me into kissing you,” she said playfully.

“Ok I can get on board with that. Even though you are the one usually tricking me.”

“Alright smarty pants take the script and I’ll do mine from memory,” she said handing me the paper script.

“So we’re like playing a card game or something?” I asked reading it.

“Yeah we are playing with this other girl, and then I lose and you ask for a kiss on the cheek.”

“Ok...um,” I said clearing my throat. “Looks like you lost. Now you have to grant my wish,” I said reading the lines.

“And what would that be?”

“A kiss,” I said looking at her. 

“Come sit on the bed with me,” she said leading me to sit on the bed. “Say it again,” she said once we were comfortable on the bed.

“A kiss,” I said pointing to my cheek to be cute.

“Oh this is embarrassing with company here. But ok, which side? This side or that one,” she said pointing to each side of my face.

 

She then leaned in and I had read the footnotes in the script, so I turned my head at the last second so she would find my lips instead. When her lips touched mine I grabbed her arm and held her in the kiss for a few seconds. She slowly pushed me off before saying, “Silly, it’s not going to be like that. Our lips our barely going to touch, before I turn away shocked.

 

“Did you not enjoy it?” I asked smug.

“Of course I did, but that’s not what is in the script. Let’s do it right so you can see that his lips are barely going to graze mine.”

“I’ll be good this time. Ok where was I...right...a kiss,” I said pointing to my cheek again.

“This side or that side,” she said moving towards me again.

 

I turned my head slowly towards hers and her lips touched mine briefly before she recoiled holding her hand up to her face.

 

“Why did you turn so suddenly like that?” she asked.

“Sorry, I will give it back then,” I mumbled putting my arm around her and leaning back in to kiss her.

“And that’s all it is,” she said sweetly.

“Maybe not,” I said kissing her and letting my script drop to the floor.

 

I was feeling particularly happy today. Krystal’s parents were away for the weekend, and her sister was on tour. We had the house to ourselves and that was fine with me. With the proposal date becoming ever closer I was beginning to feel the weight of that moment. Since L.A. and the intimate moments we had experienced there we haven’t had much alone time to repeat that. With Krystal starting her drama and us still having performances we’ve been busy. But with the holiday season coming up all I can think about is her, our future, and my family. Things with my mom have slowly started to improve despite the rocky start of learning about Krystal. She didn’t contact me at all for the first month and a half after it happened, but then I got a phone call that changed everything.

 

Flashback

 

“Hello?” I answered my phone groggy not even looking to see who it was because it had woken me up in the middle of the night.

“Amber,” my mom’s voice said softly.

“Mom?” I asked shocked sitting up in my bed.

“Amber...I...had to talk to you...I...um. I tried to call so many times. I didn’t know how I could know what to say.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter