The Big Moment

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“So now that we’ve finished it’s time for me to give you your present,” I said smiling at her and standing up.

“What do you mean? This wasn’t the present?” she asked shocked.

“No.”

“I already feel like you’ve done too much,” she said in a heavy tone. “My gift is looking worse and worse.”

“Hey,” I said bending down. “I’m not doing this to be extravagant. I’m doing it for us. It’s not just a gift for you, but the two of us. I don’t want you to feel guilt or that it’s just about the physical gift. I want us to be connected, to feel like one. If one of us is happy than the other one is too. This is for both of us,” I said with conviction.

“Both of us,” she agreed standing up.

“Let’s go,” I encouraged holding her hand.

 

I led her out of the room and through the kitchen, and into the lobby of the hotel.

 

“This is a hotel?” she commented looking around.

“We have to be quick,” I said moving faster as we got to the elevators.

 

I pushed the button repeatedly hoping it would come faster. The doors finally opened and we entered. I pushed the top floor button and prayed that no one else would get on, but as the doors were closing a man stuck his hand in to cause the doors to reopen. He got on with another woman. They were probably ten years older than us, most likely married. Panicking I quickly spun Krystal into the corner, standing in front of her with my back to them. I couldn’t take the chance of being recognized. I moved my head close to hers. Maybe if they saw a couple who was absorbed in themselves they would look away.

 

“Sorry they can’t know that it’s us,” I whispered holding her closer.

“It’ll just be something I have to suffer through,” she joked holding onto my jacket.

“I guess so.”

 

I heard the man clear his throat feeling uncomfortable because of us.

 

“You are going to have to commit here. We have to make them want to get off,” she said in a tone that sound more seductive than she meant.

 

So I kissed her. Without really thinking about it I just did. She sighed into it gripping my jacket harder. And just like that I felt the elevator stop. I didn’t know if if was their floor or they had decided to get off earlier. I just kept kissing her. When the doors closed again and we were alone I started to laugh into the kiss. She giggled with me as I hugged her tight.

 

“It worked,” she said in my ear.

“Yeah.”

“This whole elevator and we are still this close to each other,” she commented.

“Always,” I said as the elevator came to a stop again. “This is our stop,” I said taking her hand and exiting with her.

 

We kept walking to a door that was on the hallway. I opened it and we walked up some more stairs. Once we got to another door that had a pad lock on it I turned to her.

 

“Close your eyes,” I told her.

“You aren’t going to do something illegal?” she asked worried.

“No nothing like that. I have a key. But this is still a surprise.”

“Ok,” she said closing them.

 

I used the key in the lock and took it off before taking off my jacket.

 

“Put your arms out. You should wear my jacket,” I said as she held them out and I put it on her. 

 

I led her up the next few steps and opened the door. We were hit with a blast of cool air, and I was glad I gave her the jacket. We walked a few more steps before I stopped her. I turned her to face in a certain direction and put my arms around her from behind.

 

“Ok, open,” I said softly.

“Oh,” she gasped holding her hands up to her face.

“You like it?”

 

She turned her face and nodded, “It’s so pretty. I never would’ve expected to see something like this here.”

 

“I did a lot of research to find it. It’s definitely a rarity.”

“It’s so perfect,” she said letting her eyes scan over it.

 

I had chosen this location tonight for many reasons. The food, the hotel, and the thirty foot Christmas tree that was on the roof. It was something the hotel did every season to bring in the customers. Normally no one is allowed to look at it from the roof, but this is a special night. And this is for her.

 

“I don’t know how you did all of this, but thank you. It really feels like Christmas.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter