Krystal's Memory

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

 

If only I could wake up like this every morning. Every time we sleep next to each other, we wake up closer together than we were when we went to sleep. She claims it’s me who finds my way on top of her, but I know that isn’t the case. I woke up one time and felt her pulling me closer to her. I thought she had woken up, but she was still in a deep sleep. Ever since the airport she has pulled me even closer and tighter. It makes my heart burst to know that even in her unconscious state she needs and wants to feel close to me. She was a little bit more restless than normal. Which has caused her short hair to be an adorable state of disarray. There was a time when I went months without seeing her like this. It was the worst three months I’ve had since we debuted. I never could’ve anticipated that I would have to go through that, and that made it even harder to stomach when it happened.

 

Flashback

 

“So what did they say? How bad is it?” I asked her full of concern as she came into the dorm room on crutches. 

“I sprained it pretty bad. I have to keep my weight off it for at least a week before I start rehab,” she said making her way to her room.

“I’m so sorry this happened. I can go with you to rehab, and I’ll help you with whatever you need,” I said helping her lay down on the bed and putting a pillow under her right ankle.

“Krys I...” she said looking down and fidgeting with her hands.

“What? I know you are upset that you won’t get to perform with us for a while, but it’s going to be ok,” I said sitting down next to her and tracing her face with my fingertips.

“That’s not it.”

“What then?”

“The president of the company came to my doctor’s appointment,” she sighed out.

“What did he say?”

I could tell that a war was going on in her head and it was scaring me. Each second that passed I got more anxious about what she was going to say.

“Am tell me please. I can’t take the silence,” I pleaded taking her hand.

“After the doctor told him how long my recovery time would be, he said....he said that it would be better if I did my rehab back at home,” she said unable to meet my eyes.

“Home...you mean LA?” I asked surprised.

“Yeah.”

“Well that might not be so bad. This could be like an unexpected vacation. And you will be with your family. The rehab won’t take that long right? Will it only be like two weeks?” I asked trying to understand why she was so reluctant to tell me.

“More than that.”

“How long?” I asked concerned.

“Three months,” she said sadly.

“Three....months. You can’t be serious. That’s such a long time. He can’t do this. We can’t...I can’t...be apart from you for that long. This can’t be happening,” I said my emotions getting the better of me.

“Krys, I’m so sorry. I tried to make him reconsider, but he’s making me. He thinks that if I recover at home I will be out of the public eye. And since we just started promotions for our new song, that it isn’t worth it to come back sooner for a few performances,” she said pulling me closer.

“No. There has to be a way that you can come back sooner. I can’t accept that. I can’t do this without you. I need you,” I said my voice breaking as I buried myself in the crook of her neck.

“I tried everything I could to convince him. I couldn’t just say that I can’t be without my girlfriend for so long. I am so sorry. I wish I didn’t have to go,” she said hugging me tight.

“We’ve never been apart for that long. Even before we were dating. Three months before I can see you face to face, or hold your hand, or hug you....and kiss you...” I said bursting into tears.

“Baby please calm down. We are going to get through this. I love you with my whole heart. You are strong enough to get through this. We are strong enough. I promise,” she said wiping my tears.

“I’m not. I won’t be able to go on stage and pretend to smile, sit through interviews, or go to photo shoots without you by my side. You make everything better. I can’t survive without you. Please don’t go,” I said clutching her to me.

“I feel the same way about you, but you are doubting yourself Krys. You are such a strong independent woman. You can accomplish anything, and you certainly don’t need me to help you.”

“Just because I can do something without you, doesn’t mean I want to. You are my happiness,” I said putting my hand on the side of her neck.

“I’m trying to be strong about this. I’m trying to stay positive for you. I don’t want to leave you,” she said looking down into my eyes.

I kissed her earnestly, trying to forget the hard road ahead of us. As we were kissing I started to think about all of the little things. The way she smilies into our kisses. The way she doesn’t always know what to do with her hands. How when we kiss long enough I forget where I end and she begins. The way she always kisses my forehead and tucks my hair behind my ears when we break apart. And how I always kiss the tattoo on her wrist in return. Today was different than our normal make out sessions, we both felt rushed. Her hands weren’t indecisive, and it took all of a few minutes before they were secured on my waist. Every time her lips left mine, I used the hands on her neck to pull her back. I never want this moment to end. She makes me feel like the most important person in the world. She’s so careful, but at the same time passionate. I don’t want to lose this closeness. That is want I’m most afraid of happening while she is gone. I know that being apart will never change how I feel about her, but I’m worried I’ll forget what it feels like to be close to her. I can’t let that happen.

“Ah,” she winced breaking our kiss.

“What happened?” I asked concerned.

“You bumped my ankle.”

“Sorry,” I said moving away on reflex.

“Don’t move away. I want to be as close as possible to you,” she said trying to pull me back.

“I don’t wanna hurt you.”

“It was an accident. And you are worth the risk,” she chuckled as I moved back to her.

“I’m gonna be worried about you all the time because you are hurt, and I can’t be there to help you,” I said laying my head on her shoulder.

“I’ll be worried about you too. You have to promise me that you will take care of yourself.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter