Adventures With Henry and Lauren

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        

 

This is Lauren.                                                                 And you guys know Henry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

“You know what? I have an idea. Why don’t we continue talking while going for a walk. We could even go by the soccer field and watch them play for a little while,” Lauren suggested.

“That sounds perfect. Watching Amber play sports is definitely one of my favorite things to do.”

“I know right? You couldn’t pay me to play but I could watch Henry all day,” she said agreeing.

“Let’s head out then,” I said standing up.

 

 

On the way there

 

“So the other really big thing that happened in L.A. was that we had dinner with Amber’s parents,” I said.

“Did it not go well?” she asked.

“As you know Amber had always been too scared to tell them about our relationship, but she just decided it was the right time to tell them.”

“Her parents know about you guys?” Lauren asked shocked.

“Yeah. And it was the hardest thing Amber’s ever done. It was like a scene from a movie. Her mom just was crying and left the room. It was terrible, I’ve never seen Am so hurt. And by her own parents no less,” I said sadly. 

“Oh, I’m so sorry Krys. No one deserves to be treated like that,” Lauren said stopping to face me.

“It was her that my heart broke for. She has always had a close relationship with them, and because she is with me I jeopardized that,” I said blinking away some tears.

“Krys-”

“And after that experience I still have to face the task of telling my own parents. They could react the same way.”

“Gosh, I wish I could make it better,” she said hugging me. “Why do people have to treat each other this way? They’re your parents, they created you. Nothing should make them not love you.”

“I know, that’s how I feel,” I said hugging back. “But there is some hope,” I said ending the hug. “Amber’s dad showed up at our hotel and apologized. I think he understands that he could have lost her. But he was really nice to me, I think that he will be happy for us and help her mom to come around.”

“That’s great. It sounds like it will get better with time.”

“Yeah I have my fingers crossed. Because her mom was really against it,” I said.

“Have faith.”

“Thanks,” I said grateful.

“Wow we are here already,” Lauren noticed when we reached the top of the bleachers and were looking down at the field.

“Oh my god,” I said surprised noticing them.

“Is Henry shirtless?” she asked surprised.

“Is Am in her wifebeater?”

“Oh this is going to be fun,” she said with a smirk.

“I really, really love sports,” I said eyeing Amber’s sweaty body playing one on one soccer.

 

We were mesmerized watching them. They were both so graceful, and were having a lot of fun with each other. I could spend all day watching her like this. When she plays around like this everything leaves her mind, her worries are forgotten. She is carefree and so happy. It makes me happy. She was currently trying to dribble the ball around Henry and he tried to defend the goal. She began to make a break for it but at the last second Henry moved his foot and she tripped over it, falling to the ground.

 

“Oh no,” I said concerned starting to make my way down the steps to the field.

 

When she didn’t get up right away I broke out into a run with Lauren following me. 

 

“Amber, are you ok?” I asked panicked coming to her side.

“What are you guys doing here?” Henry asked surprised. 

“What?” Amber said rolling over.

“Are you hurt?” I asked touching her arm.

“No, I just got the wind knocked out of me,” she said sitting up.

“Oh thank god,” I sighed in relief.

“Baby I didn’t expect you to be here. Were you watching?” she asked.

“Sorry we didn’t mean to intrude. We just wanted to go for a walk, and wanted to see you play for a while,” I explained.

“You’re not intruding. I was just surprised. This is a happy surprise,” she said standing up while I got back up.

“How long have you been watching?” Henry asked.

“Only a few minutes,” Lauren answered subtly looking his body.

“I’m so glad you are ok,” I said putting my hands around her waist.

“I’m really sweaty. Be careful,” she warned.

“I don’t care,” I said in a sincere tone looking at her.

“What about you’re nice clothes?” Amber asked.

“I don’t care,” I said again.

“Ok,” she said wrapping her arm around me slowly.

“Lauren sweetheart how about a nice big hug,” Henry said holding out his arms.

“I may like to look, but I ain’t touching until you put your shirt back on and dry off some. I don’t do sweat,” She said.

“Ouch,” Henry said putting his arms down and walking over to the bench to get his shirt.

“You were playing really well,” I said complimenting her.

“Thanks.”

“You know,” I said whispering in her ear. “If you’re out here looking this good for everyone to see, people may start to think your available.”

“What are you talking about? I could’ve sworn my forehead says property of Krystal Jung,” she said laughing. 

 

I was completely focused on her. It was an overwhelming feeling. I began to notice the details. Her chest rising and falling quickly still short of breath from playing. How her damp hair was peeking out from under her backwards hat and sticking to her face. How the beads of sweat were rolling down the side of her face ever so often. How her warm arm felt on my lower back. And most importantly how here eyes never left mine. I couldn’t help but bring my hand up to her face. Her laughter from earlier quickly died down. I moved my hand across her forehead through her damp fringe of hair and then continued down the side of her face. My hand next moved down to rest over where her heart is. Surprisingly she started to breath even harder.

 

“Your heart’s beating so fast,” I commented looking at her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter